Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much hair did you lose?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. How much hair did you lose?

• none/very little
    • mild-more than usual, but it wasnt obvious
    • moderate-hair looked thinner in the mirror
    • severe-bald spots, needed a wig or pony tail

Well, I voted "moderate" but it's still falling out like crazy. I had thin hair to start... I am worried and hope like heck that it stops soon... eew, creepy bald woman... My husband and I were watching Shutter Island the other night and they showed that nearly bald freaky woman in the beginning - I'm like "look honey, there's my hair!" only half joking!! It's worth it so far tho - hats and pony tails are my friend. It's probably not as bad as I think it is either... ;)

only 6 weeks out so no Hair loss yet, i too have really thick hair and its so hot, my consolation if it does happen is maybe i'll be cooler this summer?? and i'd rather have thin hair than stay fat,

I'm 5 months out and my Hair loss is freaking me out. For the past month, I have really been slacking in my Vitamins. I just keep it up in a ponytail...everytime I run my fingers, dozens come out everytime. My hair is everywhere. I just started taking Biotin, and am hoping that getting back on a better regieme with the vitamins will slow it down. I've had long hair for a couple of years, after sporting a short cut for almost 30....I have no idea what to do with the crows nest I'm left with...LOL

I am almost 7 months out and my hair is still falling out a lot. It is freaking me out too. I am soooo ready for it to stop. I was hoping I would escape this side effect since my hair had never fallen out before with the many other surgeries I have had. Mine has been falling out since the end of March.

hi, i have not had the sleeve yet, but i can tell you will the band i lost over 50% of my hair and it took about 5 years to come back, can't wait to have the sleeve to lose it all again......:scared0:

I can't wait for mine to recover. Today I was noticing how really thin it is. I have new hair growing in, but I can see why Mila's took 5 years. Mine hadn't recovered from band surgery and then I got sleeved. I have a long way to go before my hair will ever look the same. But I love being thin!

In the past two weeks I have noticed my hair coming out. I put some mousse in my hair- and my hands come out covered with it. I have very fine, thin hair so it is really noticeable. I hope I don't have to resort to a wig. It is TOO hot this summer for that.

Can everyone please tell me when yours stopped. I know Tiff said her stopped in about 3 months but it has already been that long for me!

At least you women have ways to cover it. You can do extensions, attachments, and wigs, but us men have it right out there. My hair is now so thin, soft and feathery on top, and it's driving me nuts. Wigs looks so bad on men, so I won't go that route. I have been doing everything else to promote growth, but I know it won't be until the new year before it starts growing back. Hopefully. If not, I am not above getting hair rejuvenation. sigh

Yeah, anyone remember the time frame as to when it stopped falling out?

Mine lasted 3 solid months. Some report up to 6-9 months of the losing phase. Mine started at 3.5 month post op point.

In the past couple of weeks I have started losing a lot of hair. I have very little hair to start with and it is thin and fine. My hairdresser told me last night she wouldn't color it in this condition, and that I should start Rogaine right away.

My band surgeon told me it stops at 9 months. He did my gall bladder surgery and when I went for my post op for that surgery, all he wanted to do was talk about the sleeve. I asked him about the hair loss and told him it hadn't recovered from band surgery when it started falling out from sleeve surgery.

He was right. I started losing way less hair at 9 months, but I think at 15 months post op, I am still losing more than I should.

I take Biotin 3 times a day.

I couln't possibly take in anymore Protein than I already I am. My band doctor who is now doing sleeves just spoke at support group. he is talking people out of bands because he feels that the sleeve is far superior to any other wls. He still says everyone should consume 100 grams of Protein every day. He said you will never gain weight from eating too much protein.

So, I take Biotin 3 x a day, get in 100 grams of protein per day, and I am 15 months post op, and my hair is still falling out. I think having gall bladder surgery in Nov. could have added to the problem. Surgery of any kind is a shock to the body.