Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excited and ready I think hopefully, maybe!

Yep, pre-surgery jitters. If it were not for everyone's posts on VST I would surely chicken out. I have not religously followed the pre-op diet although pretty close. I have avoided all white carbs and focused on Protein and salad. Slim Fast tastes better than day one. Surgery is 10 am tomorrow. This is the right thing for me. It will change my life by giving me a tool to take control of my health. Dear Lord, let this be the correct decision, let Dr. Nick be skillful and steady, and let the staff be focused on ME and not lunch. God bless everyone else in the same boat. See ya on the otherside.:)

I guess you are about ready to go into surgery now. Hopefully they have already given you something to relax, hehe. I'm sure you will do great, I have heard wonderful things about Dr Nick. Let us know how you are doing when you have the chance. Take care.

Hey Maddie. I am soooo glad this is over and the butterflies are gone. I realized I had more help than I thought. My grandmother fought a hard battle against cancer for several years. She willed herself to not go on her daughter's birthday, my mom, and passed the day after. She was buried on her birthday, my sleeve day, July 12th. Granny had a busy day.

I won't bore you with a blow by blow recap. The anetheologist also does cardiac including CABGs which was nice since I have a history. From 5 feet out the pre-op door till waking in recovery 2 hrs later I have no memory. Nice! All the nurses were nice, thourogh, and re-assuring. Dr. Nick was great. They let my family know when I started, when it was over, and visited with my family while I was in recovery. Dr. Nick uses a 36 bougie and is unmovable. I told him to give me a very tight 36.

Surgery at noon, woke in recovery at 215, xferred to room at 500. I ordered Water with crystal lite and a suger-free popsicle. I slowly nibbled on a melted popsicle. It was sicky sweet so I stopped and stuck with Water and ice chips. I talked them into removing the catheter about 7 and became a graduate at 1115.

I have a steriod pump, drain, and PCA with morphine. I've used the morphine 6-7 times, but have backed way off. I've lapped the hospital floor 6 times and am sitting in a recliner since the steroids have me hyped up. They had some trouble intubating me so I have a very sore throat. Probably why the steroids. Sore? You betcha! Bend with your legs, not your waist. Roll into and out of bed. Do everything slowly. Walk as soon as possible because there is a lot of gas to belch and that has helped the left shoulder pain. Right side of the body is fine. Its all on the left. Elected Baylor Plano because it is closer that Forest Park Medical Center and The Heart Hospital is here where my cardiologist practises. I'm very prejudiced for Baylor. Looking forward to going home probably about 9am. Love VSG. Everything I read here has been spot on. Oh yeah, Dr. Nick loved my liver!!!:thumbup:

I am so very happy for you. And I pray that you heal quickly, and have Peace with your decision. I've heard that you will have moments of "What have I done", so expect that...but know the end result will be a glorious one.

It was nice reading your post because my surgery is in a few days and the closer it gets, the more I'm nervous. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

I'm guessing that's not Dr Nick from The Simpsons then! How many times have you heard that? Sorry :001_tt2:

Congrats - you're on the losing side now. Take it easy now and all the best for your recovery.

Yesterday was not a very good day. The morphine from the hospital wore off and I did not get on the liquid lortab schedule fast enough. I had lots of burning on the left side from the fascia suture. Now I'm taking lortab every four hours and a half dose of liquid tylenol too. I am feeling much better. I'll get teh steroid pump out later and try a shower. That will probably take care of my day. Walking is fine. I'm going to try some Isopure later today. I've only had Water and one cup of chicken broth and some watered down apple juice.< /p>