Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

AMEN HopeandFaith :)...I am sooo happy for you!!!!!! Welcome :)

I agree this is not going to be easy. I like your post! I'm getting sleeve 1/11/11

I think I've felt "guilty" all my life for being overweight. I've felt I had NO will power and couldn't change anything about myself.

The sleeve is another tool, but it is not a easy way out. I still have to make decisions every time I put something in my mouth. I could completely ruin my efforts by eating donuts, ice cream and Cookies (a sweet tooth has been my downfall). But I can eat so little....and I don't want to give myself empty calories because I'm afraid of depriving my body of the nutrition it needs. Before I could eat the healthy foods and still eat the sweets. Now I have to choose because I don't have room for it all.

Now that I've post-op for a 2-1/2 months, I don't feel guilty about my weight at all. I'm steadily losing, getting more active, and am healthier. I'm glad I invested in myself.

This thought has been in my mind this past week. Feeling Guilty for having surgery and/or taking my healing out of God's hand by having WLS. Because Im so sick of being overweight maybe Im not able to see clearly and choosing the way of the world. I have prayed to God that if this is not how he wants me loose weight( i know its a tool)then I would abandon this process. I feel good that this surgery is right for me. I feel peace. I Never noticed this thread then i happen to see it. This topic was here things that i was feeling too. All the post even though they are old still spoke to me. God is with me and answering my prayers. I am so grateful my body even though I ve struggle with my weight. It has provided me well and I have hope by having surgery I can relieve it from strain it bears for me. Thank you body you have served me well. Thank you God for loving me and being patience with me.

This thought has been in my mind this past week. Feeling Guilty for having surgery and/or taking my healing out of God's hand by having WLS. Because Im so sick of being overweight maybe Im not able to see clearly and choosing the way of the world. I have prayed to God that if this is not how he wants me loose weight( i know its a tool)then I would abandon this process. I feel good that this surgery is right for me. I feel peace. I Never noticed this thread then i happen to see it. This topic was here things that i was feeling too. All the post even though they are old still spoke to me. God is with me and answering my prayers. I am so grateful my body even though I ve struggle with my weight. It has provided me well and I have hope by having surgery I can relieve it from strain it bears for me. Thank you body you have served me well. Thank you God for loving me and being patience with me.

Beautiful post :)

Hello,

I do not have a surgery date yet, but I know it will happen. I have struggled with the same concerns I have seen in these posts and I am so BLESSED to have found your comments. I have been fighting the diet battle for too long and need to get control to get healthy. I finally decided to send myself an email message that I often open and read, it reminds me that

God created everything and everyone

God gifted us with varying skills and knowledges

God gave us the knowlege to perform WLS

God gives those with the knowledge the field from which WLS will happen

NOTHING is a surprise to God, my Father. He saw me and this time long before I got here.

Praise be to Him that gave knowledge to those who stand ready to help

I will keep you all lifted in prayer an I pray you will do the same for me as this journey has just begun.

Thank you Sleeve 4 Me you made my heart smile.

That's so sweeeeet :)

Hello,

I do not have a surgery date yet, but I know it will happen. I have struggled with the same concerns I have seen in these posts and I am so BLESSED to have found your comments. I have been fighting the diet battle for too long and need to get control to get healthy. I finally decided to send myself an email message that I often open and read, it reminds me that

God created everything and everyone

God gifted us with varying skills and knowledges

God gave us the knowlege to perform WLS

God gives those with the knowledge the field from which WLS will happen

NOTHING is a surprise to God, my Father. He saw me and this time long before I got here.

Praise be to Him that gave knowledge to those who stand ready to help

I will keep you all lifted in prayer an I pray you will do the same for me as this journey has just begun.

AMEN :) Welcome and HUGS TO YOU!

I am new here, and just looking into having WLS. Numerous past weight loss attempts have ended in failure. (I know that is a common plight here.) As I pray about this, I keep battling that I should be able to do this with God, and not have to rely on surgical intervention. Basically its like I feel my faith is not strong enough to discipline myself to keep better eating habits. I know all the how to's and when I apply them I lose weight well. I have never achieved my goal weight. It's like I self-sabotage my own efforts and gain it all back plus some more. So as I contemplate WLS now, I find myself wondering how this will be different? Can it be different? Why can't God and I do this alone? What's wrong with me? The guilt and negativity flows on and on. I am praying for God's direction. I am asking Him to lead me through the right doors, remove the obstacles Satan is sure to throw out to steer me away from God's best for my life now. My sin may has brought me here, but my God can bring me to where I need to be. Right now I am not sure if this guilt I am feeling is a fiery dart, or is it God calling me in a different direction. The only problem is right now I don't see another direction. My health is endangered, after 38 years of this battle, I am praying for God to direct me completely. I am asking him to help me to be follow his leading. I wanted to thank you all for sharing. This thread gives me hope that maybe there is a way to deal with this issue in my life. Thanks to all!

I am new here, and just looking into having WLS. Numerous past weight loss attempts have ended in failure. (I know that is a common plight here.) As I pray about this, I keep battling that I should be able to do this with God, and not have to rely on surgical intervention. Basically its like I feel my faith is not strong enough to discipline myself to keep better eating habits. I know all the how to's and when I apply them I lose weight well. I have never achieved my goal weight. It's like I self-sabotage my own efforts and gain it all back plus some more. So as I contemplate WLS now, I find myself wondering how this will be different? Can it be different? Why can't God and I do this alone? What's wrong with me? The guilt and negativity flows on and on. I am praying for God's direction. I am asking Him to lead me through the right doors, remove the obstacles Satan is sure to throw out to steer me away from God's best for my life now. My sin may has brought me here, but my God can bring me to where I need to be. Right now I am not sure if this guilt I am feeling is a fiery dart, or is it God calling me in a different direction. The only problem is right now I don't see another direction. My health is endangered, after 38 years of this battle, I am praying for God to direct me completely. I am asking him to help me to be follow his leading. I wanted to thank you all for sharing. This thread gives me hope that maybe there is a way to deal with this issue in my life. Thanks to all!

Awww Cheri, we've all gone through this period of questioning. Through this process doors opened for me that I would never have dreamed of. I am 5 months out from surgery and 7 months from starting this journey. I have lost 97 lbs and have more energy now then ever before. I can do more things for God, my family and myself. I am happier and more confident now esp at church. I just particpated in a clothes drive at church which before I would have cried in pain to be on my feet for two days. I can keep up with my husband and kids now. I work full time outside the home also and now mommy doesn't come home and fall asleep or sit all night watching tv because she's too tired. I'm actually training for my first 5k!!! Go figure!!!

With all this said, I learned I was in bondage before. Bondage to my weigh, my fleshly desires, my emotions, spiritually stagnant, etc And I know satan would love nothing more if I stayed there. I was useless for the kingdom and my family. Now I am free and on fire. Pray, pray, pray and then just do it!

Hi Cheri! Welcome! Boy how I could toooootally relate to your post last June. All I can say is after much prayer and seeking Gods direction, doors continued to open for me and here I am 7 months post op (tomorrow) and feeling so thankful!!!! Today I hiked 4 miles with my daughter with no pain (she even asked me to slow down several times lol). Last year I couldn't even walk up the stairs of my home without pain. GOD is good! Continue to pray, seek God, and walk by faith. HE WILL LEAD YOU....HUGS!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement! We started the Made to Crave series at church today. (I am leading ... seems ironic, eh?) Anyway, the first lesson address what kinds of negative things we have said to ourselves about our past choices and then positive things we could say instead. Well, after our study, we were having church and a friend shared a vision she had with God telling her we needed to walk around the perimeter of our church property just like they did in Jericho. So our new pastor, had us walk around the property just as they did ... all seven times! My hubby graciously held back to walk with me. As we were approaching the start of our second lap, I notice the leaders getting ready to lap us. I told Tom I was feeling the way I imagine the biggest people on the Biggest Loser feel when they start falling behind. Well, we ended up being lapped several times. We and one other lady and her son who held back to stay with her actually had two laps to finish when everyone else was done. I felt myself thinking about the lesson I had just taught, and so started trying to speak more positive things into the situation. "I can do this... even if I have to come back and finish my seven laps on another day." "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me, so Lord give me the strength finish." And finally, as we were heading into the home stretch of 7th laps, "The first shall be last, and the last shall be first!" I was the last one in the door! Praise God I did it though! Cleoson52 and Sleeve 4 Me, reading how you both struggled through my questions and can now endure activities I would definitely find difficult to do, I am encouraged to explore this more. Thanks for your support. Look forward to learning more here.

Thanks for the encouragement! We started the Made to Crave series at church today. (I am leading ... seems ironic, eh?) Anyway, the first lesson address what kinds of negative things we have said to ourselves about our past choices and then positive things we could say instead. Well, after our study, we were having church and a friend shared a vision she had with God telling her we needed to walk around the perimeter of our church property just like they did in Jericho. So our new pastor, had us walk around the property just as they did ... all seven times! My hubby graciously held back to walk with me. As we were approaching the start of our second lap, I notice the leaders getting ready to lap us. I told Tom I was feeling the way I imagine the biggest people on the Biggest Loser feel when they start falling behind. Well, we ended up being lapped several times. We and one other lady and her son who held back to stay with her actually had two laps to finish when everyone else was done. I felt myself thinking about the lesson I had just taught, and so started trying to speak more positive things into the situation. "I can do this... even if I have to come back and finish my seven laps on another day." "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me, so Lord give me the strength finish." And finally, as we were heading into the home stretch of 7th laps, "The first shall be last, and the last shall be first!" I was the last one in the door! Praise God I did it though! Cleoson52 and Sleeve 4 Me, reading how you both struggled through my questions and can now endure activities I would definitely find difficult to do, I am encouraged to explore this more. Thanks for your support. Look forward to learning more here.

I am reading the last chapter of Made to Crave tonight. The book has been very powerful. I shared some of it with a friend over the weekend and it touched her so much that I had to go home and order one for her. She received it yesterday and called me in tears thanking me. Sleeved or not (I am still in the waiting game, but I believe God has already determined my date), this book is an excellent testimony to putting things in order in one's life. I find myself asking myself: food, what has it done for me lately? Well, not nearly as much as the love of God has done for me. So, I will take His love over food and take the opportunity to use a tool that comes from the hands and minds that He created to get there.