Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got sleeved yesterday!!

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes. I am home from surgery and I feel great!

I went in at about 9am (well went in earlier but my surgery time was 9am) and was out in 45 minutes. No, discomfort and no pain medication necessary. Oddly and pleasantly enough, they did not put a drainage tube or catheter. I was not allowed to eat or drink anything the entire day. I walked around the moment I got a room and that has helped greatly with the gas. I can BURP like a grown man!! But like SHREK says, better out than in. :)

I had my leak test this morning (that liquid was horrible) and I passed!! I was exited to hear it!! I was then given Water, chicken broth, Jello and crystal light... Well, I tried the chicken broth but it was horrible. No way I am eating that. I ate the Jello and drank some of the Water.< /p>

Oddly enough I have not been hungry. I feel like every time I drink or eat jello that I am forcing myself to because I don't really feel hungry. I have no head hunger either -- which is great! Tomorrow the dr says I can start on the Protein shakes. I bought some powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder. Is it any good? It says it makes 8oz -- do you all make it and save the other 4oz for later?

Friday I will be able to have blended stuff, milk, pudding, etc. I hope to tolerate it. I am not hungry but I have a weird feeling -- like I am afraid of food? Is that normal?

My stomach sounds like world war III in there... There are all kinds of noises going on. I don't know what that is about but maybe she is getting used to it. Anyone else experience this?

Other than the noise, I am feeling good. Glad to be home. Dr. sent me home with zantaz 2x a day -- which I never needed but he said it was good to take the first month as it helps settle your stomach and percaset for pain which I didn't take in the hospital so I don't plan to take at home if I can help myself.

I weighed myself and I had gained 3 pounds -- probably because I am swollen right? It isn't because of food I can tell you that much!!:)

I have an appt with the nutritionist on Friday. Will keep you posted.

I am so happy everything turned out well. I was really scared coming un but I guess you really have to have faith in your surgeon.. :):thumbup1:

Congratulations and welcome to the "other side".

Sounds like you had a good experience....I hope you continue to have smooth sailing from here on out!

Sounds like you are well on your way to a healthy recovery. And yes, WWIII happened in most of our new tummies.

If the chicken broth is too bad get some egg drop Soup from the Chinese food resturant or any soup they have and strain it, I lived on the onion for a week,even added unflavored Protein also chicken wigs,carrots and celery cooked slow makes a good broth and the warm liquid is soothing.Good luck! Welcome to the losers side

Congratulations lillita! I'm glad to hear that your surgery went smoothly. I tried the Unjury unflavored Protein Powder and am not having a lot of luck with it. Each time I try to add it to something it smells and tastes worse than the last time. Luckily, I only bought 10 sample packs from the website, so I'm not out too much money there. Gonna have to get my Protein elsewhere I guess. :)

Excellent. So happy to hear everything went sooooo well. Best wishes.

Deb

Edited by Dansha

Congratulations!

Good to hear you're ok - you're certainly moving thru the food groups fast - my Nut had me on clears for 10 days post op before 10 days full liquids.

I gained in hospital too, and inches as well, but it soon goes down and you'll be seeing weight loss before you know it.

Kathy

WTG! Keep us posted on your progress. Welcome to the Losers Bench!

BTW, my stomach made all kinds of noises the first couple of days. It always helped me to walk (I think mine was mainly gas, but it was embarrassing anyway). LOL! :lol0:

Well I got back from the hospital yesterday and I am feeling good. The dr told me that I could have a Protein shake today -- then I emailed my nutritionist and he said that the dr likes to advance more than he does.... But I did it anyways and it went down well. I've had one Protein Shake in the morning with skim milk that has 20 grams of protein; then I had Water with crystal light all day; at lunch I had an unjury chicken Soup with another 20 grams of Protein and more crystal light during the day -- and probably will have another Protein Shake with another 20 grams of protein. I have to be honest that when I woke up this morning I felt really, really, weak -- once I started the protein shake I felt much better.

I went to Target to walk around and felt good. I have been very gassy today --- lots of burping but feel good except my son keeps telling me, excuse me mom every time I burp... It is hard to say excuse me when I burp so much. LOL

But overall, I am feeling good - I'll let you know what my nutritionist says tomorrow. I have not been hungry at all!! I am just looking forward to chewing soon!! On Tuesday, I can have egg, oatmeal, etc.. I CAN'T WAIT!!!:thumbup:

Sounds like you had a really good experience. Glad to hear everything went so well. Best of luck, keep us posted.

Wohoo!! Congrats on a great surgery and smooth recovery! :) Wishing you all the best on your journey! :)

Congrats and thanks so much for sharing! It really helps a lot!

I'm glad your surgery went without incident! I felt the weakness too, but didn't let it bother me because I figured I had just put my body through some trauma and it was telling me to give it some time to heal. The lack of hunger is great, isn't it? I think that is one of the things I like so much about my experience. It feels like food doesn't have such a hold over me anymore.

Get ready to give clothes to Goodwill cause you are going to start melting! (I do a Wicked Witch of the West impression whenever I say that!)