Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yaaaaaayyy!!! I got my flight intenerary today!!!! I can't wait for July 15th to get here!!!

dianng, i can definately relate!!! i've been envisioning what i'll finally be able to wear!! a black cocktail dress, gorgeous shoes, little pretty underwear, a leather jacket with a belted waist (i've always wanted a belted waist but thought it would never happen in this life time (lol)). i can't wait!!!

Does anyone have an opinion on nectar whey Protein Isolate?QUOTE]

I've tried several of the flavors of Nectar. I also chose it because of the low carb counts. I think Unjury is more flexible (the unflavored option is really close to undectable in everything I've tried) and tastes better, but everyone is different. The Unjury has slightly less protein per serving and one carb. I'd order a few sample packets of the Unjury to see how you like it. Your tastes might change post op.

Lou, I gues we'll see you there! I think you should try a few samples of various shakes to see what you like. My favorites are Unjury and 100% Whey Gold Standard (I bought a sample pack and have loved every flavor I've tried). I bought a bunch of samples of Nectar and other Protein Shakes on Vitalady's site, which was nice - you get to try several different brands/flavors without shelling out for big containers of protein you may not like.

Anyone have opinions on the Isopure? We have three varieties for sale at our commissary (the blue raspberry, apple melon and alpine punch) and I've heard they're useful post op but I've read that a lot of people don't like them. I might pick some up just because it fits into the clears category and I did read that someone made them into Jello shots with success.

Hope everyone is doing well. I can't believe it's only three weeks until surgery!

Does anyone know how to upload a file in an email. I have a PDF file 30 pages long that is full of shake recipes. I found it on another site and would share if I knew how.

Sorry don't know how - but would like it if you could email it to me @ steinbl@cfl.rr.com

thanks

Lou

Started my low-carb, high-protein pre-op diet today. In a week, my surgery will be over and I'll be on the road to recovery. I'm so excited I can't stand it, and just hope this week will go by quickly!!

Greetings fellow July sleevers!

I'm scheduled with Dr. Aceves on 15th of July, and am getting excited. I've arranged for my husband to stay at the hotel while I'm in the hospital. He's 6'6 and there is no way he can sleep on the couch in my room, poor guy!

I've been having some difficulties the last week, trying to find a nutritionalist who can work with me pre op and post op. I wanted someone supportive with the WLS aspect, and someone with a background in Bariatric Surgery. I found her this morning, and am so excited! I'm thinking that working with a registared dietitian is the best thing for me, because I'm so confused with all the pre op and post of "do's and dont's". I found a good website www.bariatriceating.com. Not sure if anyone has visited, but it seems great! Especially for us newbies. I've also purchased 3 WLS cookbooks, and boy are they packed with great information. All available on the web, just source Weight Loss Cookbooks and they will all pop up! Has anyone else decided to work with a dietitian or nutritionalist?

I'd also started doing some research to find a personal trainer! I've narrowed it down, and was just getting ready to "ink" the deal, and decided to contact Dr Aceves to determine "when/what" I can do post op for excersize. I was suprised to learn I had to wait so long to start anything (other than walking). So, I've decided to shelve the personal trainer and gym membership until post surgery, and then at the 8 weeks post mark, look at starting up with the trainer/gym. Fortunatly for me, it's nice weather in the Toronto area, so the walking will be great as it's summer. Thank goodness I'm not doing this in FEB!

I'm sure each of you are getting excited, and are anxiously anticipating your July surgery!

I have no fear or anxiety, other than trying to figure out what to eat post op...

See you all on the other side...

Be Happy,

LaSaJaTa

I am starting to freak out. I cannot believe how close I am. I think I am most fearful of making it through surgery and the flight home. I just want to be well by the time I get home. I can't imagine how my children will react if I get home and am not feeling very well. Ok, positive thoughts.

So excited!

xoxo

Jennifer

My July 14th surgery date is getting closer, and I'm starting to ease myself into the pre-op diet (2 shakes and an Atkins-type dinner). The sugar free DaVinci syrups that I found online make the Protein Shakes less monotonous. I got these flavors out of the aboput 50 they have: Kahlua, coconut, pineapple, Amaretto, Creme de Menthe, Egg Nog. I'm using Isopure zero carb Protein Powder in vanilla (as a base for my flavored syrups) and in banana Creme (same). They mix excellently with water--no lumps. I've also gotten Inspire brand Cinnamon Cappucino Protein powder, but the taste is mild so I have to add Syrup, and it doesn't mix up quite as well, but it's ok. I recommend the Supplement Warehouse website for everything--best prices I've found, including the syrups, protein/soup mixes, and chewable/sublingual Vitamins.< /p>

The Atkins Advantage ready to drink shakes are ok, but I can see they are going to get boring fast so I'm glad I got the powder/syrups. I also bought 2 oz. cups, 2 oz. ice cube trays for freezing purees, 4 oz. ramekins, and toddler silverware and bowls. I tried out the toddler silverware and I definitely recommend doing this BEFORE surgery because you will have an emotional reaction to eating in different amounts. It took me about 10 minutes to process the anger I first felt using a tiny fork--it's like my id was saying "why is this necessary", and rebelling but I got over it. I also got 4oz containers of Gerber Apple juice for post-op. I feel like I'm all set.

I'm not scared, and I'm not excited--I'm more in the middle--a little disbelieving that it's actually going to happen. I got the final medical clearance from my primary care doc, paid my $500 co-pay, and I'm ready for rock and roll. I don't have any relatives or friends here since I moved here for a job not yet a year ago so I'm doing this on my own. I feel confident I can do it.

If anybody wants to correspond/chat/email I'd be glad of the contact, as I'd like to hear how other people are handling their July surgeries.

Donna

Hi Donna

I'm also on the 14th and start liquid diet on the 30th. We bought a few different Protein Drinks to try before I get started - Atkins advantage, EAS advantage and Muscle milk. All were about $1.50 each. I tried the EAD choclate t bit ago and it was ok. I think the trick wll be to mix it up so they don't get too boring.

I did all my pre test this past week since I took a use or loss vaction... many many test.. Next I meet with my doctor on the 8th - pre op on the 12th ---

I'm ready. I started the process last December, but at that time it was for the Lap-band.

Lou

Donna

My diet seems strict, but I understand the reason behind it. It's a 1000 cal a day with 4 Protein Shakes as the basis. I can have all the black coffee, sugar free Jello, clear broth, sf popsicles, Crystal Light ... I'm diabetic so it should be interesting, and on insulin. I'll have to test many times a day to make sure my reading are not too low, and if they are adjust.

It's not going to be easy. We have my daughter and her 2 son's living with us ( 4 and almost 7) - I'll just have to stay in my den when they eat ...

I'm getting ready to go out and get my last "5 Guy's" hamburger....

What is your diet like?

Lou

I am on day three of the pre-op diet. I can't believe how easy it has been so far. I think it is because I am READY. I have my surgery on July 15th. I am nervous about the trip home as well. We need to change plans in Dallas and I am just hoping I can move around enough to be all good during the flight and making to catch the next one.

Lou, my 2 week pre-op diet is an Atkins Advantage shake for Breakfast and lunch and 4-6oz lean meat and a non-starchy vegetable for dinner. It's pretty basic. And Water.< /p>

I think I'll be ok with it. I'm trying to get used to taking my Vitamins, too. So many habits to change--the not drinking while eating is going to be hard, but I'll do it. I've come to the conclusion that I can do anything. :-)

Hi my name is Theresa and I also am scheduled for a July 15th surgery date and i have to tell you I am scared to death wondering if I made the right decision on the sleeve as opposed to eh band..... Has only else struggled witht he pro's and con's of sleeve versus band? I'm hoping I'm nto alone on that. I find myself going back and forth until I completely wear myself out. Then I read all of these wonderful success stories and they give me hope. KathyM and Nurse_ally you both have really inspired me with your optomism......

I also started with the intention of getting the Lap-Band. It was faith to me that first the doctor I had turned out to be not so good - but part of the process was to send me to a nutritionist. She was great and worked in the office that my new doctor works out off. Then, out of nowhere, a old friend was in town and invited me to lunch. I noticed he was not eating must but we were talking so much, I let it slip. Then the talk led to a mutual friend's weight loss - that is when he told me he had the sleeve done 2 weeks back. Now he was in Orlando doing the parks and eating regular food. After talking it over and asking many questions - I decided that was the way for me.

Also in the don't do column was:

The nutritionist said with in the last month - 2 of her patients with the band got food caught and had to have the doctor take Fluid out - I ask what else they could have done - she said nothing - if they went to the emergency room - they would not know what to do..

The idea that you need constant doctor visits to fill/unfilled

I was told that if I were to fly - I needed to come in and have some of the fluids taken out...

I also have a very weak stomach (mind) just thinking about vomiting can make me vomit...

I go in 17 for my sleeve and am not looking back

Hope this helps

Lou