Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

I was told to wait 6-8 weeks or longer if you are still losing weight at a slow rate. With the band, you are suppose to lose at a slow rate. Remember, you have to eat at 3000 calories over what you burn to put on a pound.

Hi July Gang,

Got my fill done yesterday afternoon, first one. Dr. Trace Curry who answers questions on here did it. It went fine. Couldn't find my port at first so walked over to the fluro and hit it first time there. He only put in 1.5 instead of 2 since I live 10 hours round trip. I had found a doctor lots closer but I really like and trust Dr. Curry. He had to poke 3 times before we tried the fluro but he also found out on the fluro I had the low profile port and it was a little harder to feel by touch. He and his office are fabulous.

He sprayed this freezing cold numbing spray before the needle which help deaded it first. It didn't hurt, kinda felt like a little bee sting. The weird thing was at the end, I don't know if it was the saline going into the port or him pulling it out, it didn't hurt it was just weird.

So far I can't tell I have the fill so he said I could come back in 2 weeks for more if I needed it he just didn't want me so full I couldn't drink and have to drive back all that ways.

Don't be afraid of fills, anyone getting ready for one. They're a breeze. I also posted actual pics of him doing it on the general discussion page, go take a look. It will ease your mind.

Hi fellow July Bandsters! I was banded July 3rd. I've been doing ok, I guess. I lost about 15 lbs since the surgery and that was all in the first week and a half. I got my first fill (4.8ccs) at 2.5 weeks out. I felt a little restriction at first but thats gone now. I get another fill next week. I'm dissappointed that I haven't lost any weight in about 2 weeks. I am really counting on this fill to make the difference. I can eat about 65% of what I used to eat which is still pretty scarey. The only way I even know I have a band is that food sometimes gets stuck. I am soo more than ready to get things moving...

Anyways, I'll post more later.

Thanks~

;)

Update on today. I went to get some blood work up and the doctor didn't sign the papers to approve it so I was going to wait for him to get out of surgery but he never showed up. While I was waiting my Primary Doctor is accross the hall and I went over there to talk to her nurse about my blood sugar levels. She got me in to the doctor and she said that for now that was fine but to watch them. When I went back to the surgeons office he hadn't come in so I couldn't get my blood drawn today. His office called me this afternoon and ask me to come in tomorrow and get it drawn and to get an endoscopy. (again) What a pain. Why do they need another one of those tests? They are not my favorite. I don't know when I will see the doctor but it won't be this week. I will update you when I know more.

Hey you two; my doc in San Diego said that we CAN drink before meals but it should be an hour to a half hour before you eat. As for after & while you eat; you need to wait the same amount of time afterwards too--don't want to wash everything down before it benefits us. :omg:

I try not to have a cup on the table while eating. I've found it to be to tempting.

I hope this helps? :paranoid

Charlie, I'm sorry I didn't get back to you. As you may have read, a few posts back, I was admitted at my appt. and It totally slipped my mind to ask about the drinking before the meal! I am dying to know myself, it just doesn't make sense. The only thing i can think of is it might my us feel too full and we won't eat enough??? If anyone knows the answer to this.. please post.. I'd love to know, So does Charlie, I'm sure... LOL

Hey giggle3474; I've decided to wait on my first fill. I was scheduled for a fill today but cancelled it. I just wanted more time to get to now my new tool.

I did my best weight loss on the liquid diet before surgery. Since surgery, I think it's only a pound or two. I've taken the scale out of the bathroom for now and will only bring it out once a month. I was becoming dissapointed too on not seeing the scale move. But my clothes are telling me that I'm losing and my kids tell me that they can put more of their arms around me when they give me a hug. My DH is going to help me measure once a month too so I can see where I might be losing it.

Are you still keeping a journal? I have a big problem with that but I'm trying. I do it in my journals I keep here. PeggyLee said something about Fitday.com as a free place to have a food journal but I haven't gone there yet.

I've started drinking 64 oz of Water a day and this is my 3rd day. I've found that it stops some of my hunger pains. I've also gotten the food scale out and seeing it that way helps me more then using a cup as a measuring device.

15 pounds is an awesome accomplishment!!

I keep telling my self that this new tool is a slow tool to get me where I want to be. I want to tone my mind, body and soul with time and not to be rushed into it. That is why I chose this type of weight loss tool over the other.

I hope to see you at the Scripps Support Meeting next Monday.

As PeggyLee also says "Faith not Fear".

Hi fellow July Bandsters! I was banded July 3rd. I've been doing ok, I guess. I lost about 15 lbs since the surgery and that was all in the first week and a half. I got my first fill (4.8ccs) at 2.5 weeks out. I felt a little restriction at first but thats gone now. I get another fill next week. I'm dissappointed that I haven't lost any weight in about 2 weeks. I am really counting on this fill to make the difference. I can eat about 65% of what I used to eat which is still pretty scarey. The only way I even know I have a band is that food sometimes gets stuck. I am soo more than ready to get things moving...

Anyways, I'll post more later.

Thanks~

;)

Hey all,

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I'm going eat some worms... Big fat juicy ones, Little skinny tiny ones, ohh how they wiggle and they squirm. Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I'm going to eat some worms.

OK (boosy voice) Does noone want to play bingo???????? I have four peoples words so far and I was really hoping for more......

Done trying to make people pity me.. LOL

Ok so I weighed today... 20 LBS GONE.......... yeah.... I am so excited!!!!

So I have been so busy, I am trying to have a yard sale fri and sat so My house is trashed!!! I have been doing great with my band, No PB's yet!! I do not want to be part of that club... Ok well talk to you all soon...

LOL JMO! I like playing BINGO about as much as I like eating worms. Congrats on the 20 lbs. I seriously don't know if I can be your friend lol, im too jelous. ... Hmmm maybe its your diet of worms.... I guess im not jelous lol. Your Friend, Kari.

COME ON PEOPLE! LET'S PLAY BINGO!!!

Edoscopy is a test where they look inside your stomach for any abnormalities. If I have any it is their fault because I didn't have any before surgery. It is a very simple test and you don't feel it or know it is being done. It is just a pain to have to go and get it done.

jmo -congrats on the 20lbs! that;s great! also, if you really want to eat worms i would read the book "how to eat fried worms" you may get some recipe ideas! personally, i like them bbq'd! by the way what is a pb? i am trying not to weigh myself until my 1st dr visit in 2 weeks(4wks post)

also, i have a gross question...how much do you poop? i don;t think i'm pooping enough but with so little in me (still on liq) (thats liquids, not liquor) (dammit!) lol! i don;t know what is actually left to come out!