Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I have not been a member of a gym since my surgery because I couldn't afford it. There is a local gym here that offers a summer special for teachers. It's $130 for May-August. I can do that! Anyway, I signed up and went to my first class yesterday.

OUCH!

I'm in major pain today! This class was like Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred on CRACK and every other illegal substance that will kill you. I mean, I've worked hard at home with Jillian's DVDs, but this class but tputs those to shame.

Even though I've lost over 100 pounds, I was still the biggest person in the room. All of the women there were skinny, hard-bodies. I have to say I was proud of myself for mostly keeping up, and I burned 800 calories in 55 minutes. That class really showed me that I have got to get the rest of this weight off. I can't go to a class today, but I will be back on Thursday!

I'm excited to be a member of a gym, and I can already tell I'll be more motivated to go because a lot of teachers from my school go there too.

I just wanted to share my PAIN! It's all over...toes, thighs, butt, abs, arms...what a workout!

Good for you!

It takes alot of moxie to go into a class with skinny chicks!

The soreness will eventually go away ... in a month or so! LOL and j/k Your hard work will pay off!

My advice: ice for 20, off for 20, heat for 20, off for 20, and repeat! Bio Freeze is amazing! It is like a cold icy hot. My chiro sells it. If all of that fails, a bubble bath with a class of wine : )

Don't stop it will get easyer I started going 4 weeks after my surgery I was so weak I could'nt lift anything I could only do 5min of cardio I now workout 5 to 6 days a week with 5 days of strenth training and 5 to 6 days of cardio I fill like sh.t if I don't workout.Good luck

Vinny Mac:thumbup:

YAHHHH!!!! good for you! I'm so happy to hear that you caught a special right on time for your lose-that-last-fifty-pounds stage! That's awesome! Soreness is great! embrace it. That means something on your body will be changing. Yeah, keep up the good work!

Good for you Amanda! That's a great deal they're offering. I've taken a 6 week break from my exercise routine and plan to start back again on Saturday. I know I'll be so sore, but it's worth it.

I went to another class yesterday, and it was a smidge easier (I burned 700 calories instead of 800), and I don't know if it was just because I was still sore, but it was rough! I'm sore today too and am taking the day off, but I'll be going tomorrow morning for another class. I'm going to try them all out to see what they are and how well I can keep up! Now if I could just stay out of the miniature candy in the teacher's lounge! (HA!)

Good for you! And good luck with staying out of that candy jar, you've just got to love teacher lounges;-)

Good for you! And good luck with staying out of that candy jar, you've just got to love teacher lounges;-)
Well, normally it isn't too bad, but this has been teacher appreciation week. I do much better at home than at work, so bring on the summer!

This morning class was good...it was a lot of step with some body sculpting thrown in. Evidently, I am pretty uncoordinated because I couldn't get some of the step moves...one girl offered to stop what she was doing to show me. I declined and just did my best. Burned almost 800 calories!

Alright, well I'm glad to say that I'm loving the classes still and now that I'm officially on summer vacation, my goal is to be in the gym 5-6 times a week. I've been 4 so far this week and have plans to go to the Cardio fusion class in the morning.

I'm going to dread the end of my summer membership in August, but I think I have figured out a way to keep a monthly membership....and it's a little ironic, to be honest.

About 2 months ago my sister gave me a lesson cake decorating. I bake all my cakes and Desserts from scratch and I'm really good at it...sorry if that's conceited! Anyway, I have started selling them and I'm making a good little extra money, so if the orders keep coming, I will pay for my gym membership by baking cakes! The best part is, i make them and then they leave my house, so i can't be tempted to eat them!!! You can see my creations on Facebook if you are interested. Keep in mind I'm still a novice! Link to my facebook profile is in my sig.

Edited by ash

I'm so glad the gym is working out for you! I am back to a more normal exercise routine and really am happy to be doing it. I love your plan to continue your gym membership:-) And of course I have to mention how jealous I am that you are already out of school...we go this year until June 24.

I'm so glad the gym is working out for you! I am back to a more normal exercise routine and really am happy to be doing it. I love your plan to continue your gym membership:-) And of course I have to mention how jealous I am that you are already out of school...we go this year until June 24.
Oh my! When did you start your school year?! That's a really late summer start!

Oh my! When did you start your school year?! That's a really late summer start!

It's a law here that we cannot start until after Labor Day. There's a really big tourism lobby that argues it's for the good of the economy. That also means that I won't be heading back until August 30, but I'd rather start earlier and get out earlier...my students feel (and act like) it's the end of the year now and we still have one more unit I'm determined to get done:-)