Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My APRON ----UGHHHH!!!!

I work out 6 days a week (some days more then once in a day). I do tons of abs, I run, work with a trainer 2x week, etc. It is not gonna budge. I still think working out is more then worth it even if it will take surgery for me to have abs of steal :thumbup1:

Wow....I'm scheduled for my sleeve surgery on 12/20. I noticed from your ticker that you have actually gone below your target. How did you manage that? Please share. And is this unusual or a pretty regular occurrence?

PJF

We have already decided that after I lose the weight I will be having my stomach done. Ive actually been on the wait list for well over a year to have it done, long before I even thought I could have WLS. My stomach is the worst part of my body, comes from having 3 c-sections in 2 1/2 years, the last pregnancy was twins so my poor stomach has sure taken a beating! It already hangs over my c-section line and is in the way all the time. UGH! I do plan to do tons of ab workouts after surgery but I doubt my stomach muscles will care haha, so surgery will happen probably a year out from my VSG (or sooner if they let me). I dont even need a perfectly flat stomach, I just need the excess skin (and tons of excess fat right now) gone.

I noticed everyone talks about a Tummy Tuck. I have heard there are two different procedures. The tummy tuck actually works on the muscles and is painful. there is also a panniculectomy (sp?) i think this only works on removing the fat but isn't as "invasive" and working on the muscles so its "easier" to recover from. Anyone gone thru this?

thanks

mboski

sleeved 12/09 by Dr. Aceves

starting 214 lbs

currently 204.9

I noticed everyone talks about a Tummy Tuck. I have heard there are two different procedures. The tummy tuck actually works on the muscles and is painful. there is also a panniculectomy (sp?) i think this only works on removing the fat but isn't as "invasive" and working on the muscles so its "easier" to recover from. Anyone gone thru this?

thanks

mboski

sleeved 12/09 by Dr. Aceves

starting 214 lbs

currently 204.9

That is one thing that confuses me on the surgery, the dr I saw said the pannicuelectomy was a more difficult recovery than the tummy tuck. He warned me I would take far longer to recover from it.

I think the Tummy Tuck with abdominal wall tightening is called Abdominoplasty. I saw a disscussion about this on the TV show called "The Doctors". The plastic surgeon on the program showed a drawing that explained how this surgery is different than the "old" tummy tuck. The surgeon used a criss-cross stitching that sort of looked like shoe laces.

He did say the recuperation takes longer and is more painful, but the results are permanent and make for a flatter stomach. With the old type of tummy tuck the patient sometimes needed a revision sugery down the road.

My last (and third) baby weighed 11lbs 5oz. so I would opt for the abdominoplasty because my abdominal muscles are shot.

Here's a website with lots of pictures of plastic surgery patients: www.locateadoc.com/pictures/cosmetic-surgery.html

I started off at 270, and if you look at my before pictures, you will notice that I was extremely round and carried all of my weight in my upper torso with a large portion of my weight sitting in my abdomen.

Because of my weight loss results with VSG, and my intense ab/core workouts starting around 5 months post op, my abdomen has shrunk immensely, and I no longer have the apron. I have a little fat roll on my lower abdomen with some excess skin, but essentially my stomach has shrunk up significantly. If someone would have given me the option to have just my tummy fat removed or VSG, I would have chosen VSG.

I won't ever have a flat tummy without plastics. I had a severe c-section, and my scar stretches from one side of my lower abdomen clear to the other side right about my pubis bone.

I'll never get rid of the little flap without plastics, but it has lifted, tightened and shrunk immensely in 11 months. Least to say, when I stand in front of the mirror, I have zero issue seeing my private area. Before, I could not see it because of my hanging stomach fat. I was pretty much shaving blindly, now it's so much easier to maintain certain areas because I can see everything. I do not wear any shapers, girdles, or anything of the sorts at this point.

holy wow, I am going to do lots and lots of ab exercises and hope I end up where you are!!!

Finally a surgery date for Panniculectomy...................... October 2, 2012

i lost 105 lbs with the band and sleeve. prior to surgery most of my weight was in my abdominal area, so i knew this would be an issue.i had a TT 5 weeks ago. with the panniculectomy they remove the skin but do nothing with the muscles or any cosmetic work. my insurance paid for the panni and i paid the extra for the abdominoplasty. they removed 6.1 lbs of skin, so im very happy to have the bulge gone. i will be having my arms done in january...hopefully

Congratulations!!!!!!...Yes, I can't wait.....I'm not worrying about the muscle part, I just want the 'apron' gone. If I could afford it, maybe or maybe not I would go for it all. Don't know. Nonetheless, this is free and if for some reason the surgeon sees something else that a lil more has to be done while I'm under, then okay!!!!!!!....I only want the surgery to be successful.

Krys

i lost 105 lbs with the band and sleeve. prior to surgery most of my weight was in my abdominal area, so i knew this would be an issue.i had a TT 5 weeks ago. with the panniculectomy they remove the skin but do nothing with the muscles or any cosmetic work. my insurance paid for the panni and i paid the extra for the abdominoplasty. they removed 6.1 lbs of skin, so im very happy to have the bulge gone. i will be having my arms done in january...hopefully

i felt the same way, if i didnt have the money i would have been happy with the panni...it is glorious to have it gone, best decision i ever made

Hi Val

Question to you and others who have had the panniculectomy, TT, or Abdominoplasty procedure. What was the feeling you had once you knew your abdomen was no longer hanging or sticking out? I keep going on in my head, wondering to myself, will I cry, or smiling ear to ear, do I just want to jump and go running to scream it to the world.

Also, after you went home and recovered, what were your family and friends reactions? And how often did you look in the mirror?

Krys

Hi Val

Question to you and others who have had the panniculectomy, TT, or Abdominoplasty procedure. What was the feeling you had once you knew your abdomen was no longer hanging or sticking out? I keep going on in my head, wondering to myself, will I cry, or smiling ear to ear, do I just want to jump and go running to scream it to the world.

Also, after you went home and recovered, what were your family and friends reactions? And how often did you look in the mirror?

Krys

it is the most awesome feeling...i keep on showing my flat tummy off. i wanted to kiss my ps. i look in the mirror and it doesnt even look like my body anymore

www.bodybykatzen.com

I found this site. This is the best one yet. I saw one patient who really resembles what I look like now. And her after is really nice. Yes, I know!!!!! We all are different, but you will find someone similar to you. There are a few men in these pics also.

Krys

I can't wait to have my tummy tuck..I know now that I need it.and I will not hesitate. Next year.