Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

it nobody biz right???!!

thanks guys and you are all right. i went today to the gym and i had a blast as always with a friend. truth is i'm not covering up but i still don't tell everyone i come in contact with i did wls i don't see the point if they are not that big in my life about it just triedsom to tell any and everyone and explain over and over and over.....you get the picture.

I totally get the picture. No problemo. I actually feel the same way.

Last week my manicurist asked me because after 8 mos. she noticed something is different......duh. But she's Asian and she would not let it go with "I had surgery." Then she had all these questions, and was telling me about other "big" people (as she put it) who had surgery, but she didn't know the name of their surgery (I guessed "Bypass?") Yeah, that was it. I told her I had the Gastric Sleeve surgery. Then, cause she's Vietnamese, she kept having me say gastric sleeve over and over so she could remember how to pronounce it properly. She had some trouble with the word "gastric." Kinda funny. Then she went back to her normal mode of talking ABOUT me to the pedicurist in Vietnamese. I didn't care; at least she was done with the 50 questions routine!

thanks guys and you are all right. i went today to the gym and i had a blast as always with a friend. truth is i'm not covering up but i still don't tell everyone i come in contact with i did wls i don't see the point if they are not that big in my life about it just triedsom to tell any and everyone and explain over and over and over.....you get the picture.

:001_unsure:so why do my mom feel the need to tell everybody. we had a fight today because i don't want the whole stinkin world to know aboutr my wls. i do feel guilty when people ask me how i did and i just say protien shakes and exercise but i leave out the sleeve part. am i lying?? should i feel bad???? but today my mom told a couple people at the gym i had weightloss surgery i was so piss!! she had no right and i have told her this twice. so now what?? i thinking about swicthing gyms that how upset i am!! and my guess was right every one has a bad thoughts about wls (now they looking at me funny mine you this are size 2 chicks!!) she should have not said anything. it wasn't her place. My sleeve does not help me get up everyday to run an hour my sleeve does not help me lift my weights it was just a tool i use that has helped me. Also now i'm getting lip from my sister(she has gained 30 pounds) and friends that the only reason why i can go to the gym like i do is because i only work 2 days a week (my bf stays in his parents old house when they moved back home so he has no rent but he still helps me a lot with my bills.and no we don't stay togather and we are not staying with each till he put a ring on my finger lol) so now i'm discredit for that! it really stressing me out it kinda like that question should we feel guilty for being happy like someone who wins a million dollars should they feel bad for wining and being happy or finally going to school or whatever. and you have that voice "well the only reason..........." i don't share my weightloss surgery with everybody it nobody biz right??:biggrin0:

Here comes me Nikki . . . my mom is just like yours only my mom is 80 and i forgive her yappy mouth cause she is old and loves to be social and have her friends. . .I didn't want her to tell anyone either, but if it makes her little 80 year old self happy then go for it. . . doesn't your mom feel quilty about yapping your business to others? Doesn't she have respect for you? Or is she really really worried about you and this surgery that she just spills it all over the place? Moms are weird. . I find myself being like that with my daughter too and so many times i have told myself i would not do that, but here i am doing it. .

it's a learned thing, her mom must have done that to her too. . . it's so maddening i understand, but it's only words . . . your mom is there for you and always will be, but i always think just for how much longer . . . why they do things is way beyond me. . . i'm probably just rambling and you probably think i'm full of poopoo, but having your mom is precious cause once they are gone whom do we have?