Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Woohooo... losing again!

Thanks Lee!

I think this is a very positive post. We do all want to see the scale move quickly but we must remember that its happening and will happen and we won't see those pounds again. A slow loser can be a happy loser as long as "LOSER" is in the equation it works out fine.

Maggie, I'm new to this forum so this is my first post! :001_smile:

I had my sleeve done on 3/22 so we are at about the same place. I lost 20 pounds the first two weeks and now into my third week, and nothing. I think I may have hit my first slow down already! It's funny 'cuz when I dieted before surgery, I would get to the 20-30 lbs lost mark, and not be able to lose. Maybe my body doesn't want to be below a certain weight? Who knows? But now that the surgery is done, I have no choice but to wait the slow down out.

Hang in there!

Jeanine

Lee, thank you so much for posting your great perspective and experience. I want to try so hard to only weigh myself once a week, because the scale has such an effect on my day! Little or no loss= cranky SlimDiddy.

Edited by SlimDiddySleeve
affect vs. effect

Thanks Lee!

I think this is a very positive post. We do all want to see the scale move quickly but we must remember that its happening and will happen and we won't see those pounds again. A slow loser can be a happy loser as long as "LOSER" is in the equation it works out fine.

Mz. Diva, we are all big winners around here and along the way we're becoming big losers as well. I'm so glad you're along for the journey!

You are such a Little Lightweight Slim Diddy! It's really going to be fun watching you drop those pounds and get into a tiny body. :)

My plan requires that I weigh daily, so I do. It really doesn't have an effect on me like it used to when I was dieting 365 days a year. Back then it really set me up for self hatred at failing but yet again. This time feels totally different because I know that I'm going to get to where I'm supposed to be. The things that I can control are what I eat, how I exercise, whether I get in my Vitamins etc. The rate at which the weight comes off just doesn't feel like it's in my control so I'm learning to just let go and enjoy the ride.

Let's all have fun together!

I have tried not to stress about the amount I am losing. Truthly, I am thrilled to be down 28 pounds. I certainly couldn't do it on my own. Since the second week, I have only been losing an average of .5 a day. Some days the scale moves, sometimes it doesn't.

I wish I could weigh only once a week but haven't been able to avoid the scale yet.

I am going to go thru old clothes this weekend. I need pants! LOL

Congrats Lee! Glad your scale is behaving : )

PNW, you're going to be at goal before you know it! I have lots of pants in 16 and 18 so I'm set for awhile. I don't have any 14s so that's going to be a fun time for me. I haven't been in a 14 in over 30 years!

PNW, you're going to be at goal before you know it! I have lots of pants in 16 and 18 so I'm set for awhile. I don't have any 14s so that's going to be a fun time for me. I haven't been in a 14 in over 30 years!

I got into probably my smallest pair of 12's this am, even tho the scale didn't change!

I have some nice slacks 14's - hardly worn and really comfy material. And a pair or two of jeans. If you want them, pm with your address and I will stick them in the mail :biggrin0:

Hey Lee and PNW

I guess I was one of the lucky ones, I saved a bunch of my "skinny" clothes!! I had my levi's in size 14, 12, 10 and an 8!! I have blown thru all of the sizes except the 8! I can get them on and I could wear them but they are a bit snug. I'm so happy that I saved them, and a bunch of shirts. I have given away 18 bags of clothes so far!! I need to go through my closet again!

PNW congrats on the size 12's!!!! I keep losing inches, but not a whole lot of weight. It is totally fine with me!

As I've gained weight I have gotten rid of the sizes I don't fit in. I am toast! Each time I get through a size its gonna be shopping for me. Okay wait that sounds fun! But, you know what I mean its gonna be expensive!!!!

PNW, TWELVE'S! You go girl. Before you know it, you're going to be on here talkin about 6's getting loose!

Bernadette, I haven't been in anything below a 16 in around 30 years so there's nothing in my closet. You're lucky that you saved all those clothes!

Anna, you're going to have so much fun shopping for all those cute clothes you'll need. :biggrin2:

I did get thru one group of clothes today and it was such fun! I could get pants on that I haven't worn forever! And the stuff that was too big, went into the donate pile!

What about shirts?? I figure the size of my shoulders isn't gonna change much. I kept most of the cuter shirts - but those that were really loose and had no shape to them, went into the donate stack as well.

Does your shirt size change that much? I have always been about the same size bust wise; having a lift just changed the shape. Keeping the buttons buttoned has always been an issue. LOL

Oh golly, I can't wait to get a lift. These girls haven't seen the "right" place in too many decades!

Congrats on getting the closet cleaned out PNW. I'm so glad you're finding cute clothes to wear! Shapeless shirts, toss em. You wanna be a big show off now! :)

Hey girls!!

Just wanted to say that wearing "fitted" clothes has been very hard on me!! My niece has bypass on the 15th of March and her mom (my sister) had not seen me in 6 months said OMG I can't believe how much weight you have lost! Okay fast forwad to that evening, my sister, her other daughter and a few other people got together. I wore a VERY fitted t-shirt and my levi's, I usually wear my baggy levi's and a baggy shirt. My sister was like OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!! She could not believe the transformation by just what I had on! I'm so used to wearing loose baggy stuff to hide the fat, that I have a tough time wearing fitted stuff!. So I gues the moral of the story is "flaunt it is you got it" HA LOL

Hey Lee

I had a mastectomy, a breast reduction and lift, my girls definatly know which way is up!! I really wish I would not have had so much taken off, but all is well!! They are perky!