Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh boy!!!...today is the day I am suppose to be sleeved!! Not so sure right now though. Late getting to the airport early this am..but made it just in the knick of time only to be bumped from my connecting flight and rescheduled for a flight 3 hours later. And then theres the earthquakes!!.... I've got to admit its got me wondering....are these signs?? I am being sleeved in Tijuana by Dr Pompa. Totally trust in her, but am left wondering if I am suppose to go through with this or not!! Could really use a supportive voice right now. :)

Hi

I have these thoughts too. I'm not on the other side of the sleeve yet, but no-ones replied and I would just like to offer some support. You need to think about why you want to do this and what your goal is. If this operation can help you achieve both of these then this is the way to go. You are not alone in feeling nervous, many on here express this emotion, but from what I've seen these nerves are normal. Have a really good chat with your surgeon, the nurse or other paitients. If this is really what you want, then you can do it, because I know in my heart, for me at least, it's the last chance for a healthier life. I can't slim on my own and pray that this operation will give me the tool to see me healthier and thinner. If these are your thoughts too, then go for it. You are not alone and we will be thinking of you. Post your progress, I would love to hear how you're doing etc.

Take care and good luck.

Michelle x

Edited by mcteez

Oh boy!!!...today is the day I am suppose to be sleeved!! Not so sure right now though. Late getting to the airport early this am..but made it just in the knick of time only to be bumped from my connecting flight and rescheduled for a flight 3 hours later. And then theres the earthquakes!!.... I've got to admit its got me wondering....are these signs?? I am being sleeved in Tijuana by Dr Pompa. Totally trust in her, but am left wondering if I am suppose to go through with this or not!! Could really use a supportive voice right now. :)

What a pain and how stressful!

Only you can answer that question - are these signs? Listen to the messages you are receiving from Him and then decide. For me personally, I would continue on and see how you feel when you get there. You can always change your mind if things don't feel right or ask to wait one more day.

I don't know if God causes flight delays and earthquakes, altho I would imagine He could if He wanted to. I guess another way to think about it would be - are you currently taking care of your body the way God would want you to? Are you healthy enough to live your life serving?

thoughts and prayers are with you!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified;

do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will

be with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9, NIV)

Good luck ... let us know when you make it to Mexico safely. Trust your instincts on "the signs".

Good luck ... let us know when you make it to Mexico safely. Trust your instincts on "the signs".

Hey Mini! Just noticed that you are over halfway! Congrats!!

I say Go for it!!! You have come this far, don't let a little bump in the road (or should I say earthquake) stop you now! If God really did not want you to do this, he would have stopped you BEFORE you got to the airport.

Good luck, and keep us posted!!

Thanks for all of your support. Oh and by the way...I'M SLEEVED!! After my frantic post my travel plans proceeded as scheduled. I arrived at the clinic (which I should say rivels that of any American surgical center. Very impressive) and met the staff. After sharing my fears with them, they were all so kind and supportive, but not pushy. We talked it over and I decided that this was the right choice for me. Thank you all for your support. It is great to have an informed ear(s) to turn to.

YAY!!! Welcome to the Loser's Bench! I'm so happy to read that everything went well for you. Now the fun begins. Hang on for a great roller coaster ride to better health! :biggrin0:

Hi Rossonmarcue

So glad to hear that you went through with it!!! YEAH! You will not bbe sorry, in fact I think it will be one of the best choices you have ever made!!! CONGRATS to you!

Keep us posted, we care!!

Congrats! So glad you had the surgery! You will be very happy with it!

hope you have an easy recovery!

do not let mother nature discourage you!!! go ahead with your plan, you won?t regret your decision. i wish you the best of luck and as soon as you can please keep us posted. congrats and welcome to the loser?s bench!!!!:)