Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Arrivals, Let's get to know each other!

:biggrin1: Wow! i'm happy that so many new people decided to post. I haven't been banded yet and its nice to hear that i'm not the only one nervous about the whole thing. By the way i'm from san antonio, tx.

For those newly banded can you tell how the pain was right after surgery and when you started to feel 100% again?

hi i am fairly new to this site i have posted a few times my surgery date is july 6 i am from ont.

For those newly banded can you tell how the pain was right after surgery and when you started to feel 100% again?

I was banded on May 26th. The only pain has been from my port incision. Pain and burning everytime I moved or got out of bed. When asked in the hospital, my pain was usually a 7 out of 10. Keep in mind though that I'm a big baby. I don't take pain very well.....give me pain meds. :confused: It's mostly gone today....very minimal, 4 days later. I've also had some shoulder pain in the area of my left collar bone & I know it's gas. A heating pads helps along with walking and an occasional GasX. I'm still not 100%, but getting close with each passing day.

Congratulations to ALL of you for your decision to take the lap band journey. I know I did the right thing for me and would do it again in a heart beat. I wish you all the very best!! :clap2:

Hi! I have been lurking for a few weeks now, soaking in all the information. I am scheduled for surgery June 5th. I am filled with mixed emotions, excited and nervous. Any surgery makes me nervous. Can anyone that has already had surgery tell me how long between surgery and discharge?

Thanks

Reeneea

:confused: Hi everyone. I had my first visit with the surgeon today. He made me feel at ease once we started talking about the surgery. I felt like I didn't ask enough questions, but he encouraged me to call his office with any questions I might have before surgery. I am just starting insurance approval so I will not know anything for a while. In the meantime, I am going in this Friday to have preliminary testing done.

Gracie

it would be great to hear from people who are newly banded. just let us waiting to be banded know how you're first week went. I have a 5yr old son and i'm worried about keeping up with him during the healing process. any advice?

I also wonder about the incision. I just got done looking at the scar thread and some of those pics are a little scary.

How did your doctor close your incisions and where did you have your banding done?

Biker Grammy, I am new to the site, but i do live in Conroe, Tx. and would love to see if we could get together a group in our area. With the doctor I went to there is not a support group or anything, so this sounds great.

Hi!

I'm Mary Ann and I'm new too. I will be banded next Friday (June 9, 2006)

and I can't wait. Tis is a wonderful webste and everyone here is so helpful. Best of luck!

Another Newbie here! I am in Memphis Tn and have Dr. Woodman doing my band. Just waiting on my ins. they have had my info for 2 weeks so I hapeing to have an approval SOON!!! I am a full time nursing student but took the summer off for the band.. My hubby was totally against this at first but after all my info he is now on board and going through the process to get approved for the band himself. I am excited we are going to do this together. Good luck to all the newbies.... if anyone one is in memphis and wants extra support please PM me I know i could use it... Thanks to all the oldies for all there support..

JMoe

Fellow Newbies-

This is where I'm at in the ongoing struggle to be half my size!

I have completed the support group meetings in order to gain approval for surgery.

I have gotten my medical records from 1999-present.

I have gotten my primary care physician to write me a letter of support.

I have appt with my surgeon on Monday at 2:45

I have nutritional assessment on Monday at 8:15

I have my psych eval on Tuesday at 10:00

Hopefully by the end of this little section of appts. I will be closer to finding out when my surgery can happen. Seems like the hardest part is getting the surgery date.

I'm a self pay so hopefully that will speed things up since I don't have to wait for insurance approvals and such.

I'm so impatient.

You all know me, Mrs. Question asker. LOL This site is the tops. I have done all of my research through here, ask 1 million plus questions, have gotten all the answers I needed and made lots of friends.

Surgery is just two weeks away and I couldn't be happier. I just thank God above for me being able to self pay and have this done as my insurance company just wants to see how many hoops you would jump through before you collapsed.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery and come here for all of your info and help and things will go great.

Sherri

Hi!

I'm Mary Ann and I'm new too. I will be banded next Friday (June 9, 2006)

and I can't wait. Tis is a wonderful webste and everyone here is so helpful. Best of luck!

Hi Mary Ann, I'm new! My banding was on June 9th as well. :eek:

How are things going for you? :biggrin1:

I'm new here. I was banded on June 6th. I'm down about 12 lbs so far. There is a lot to learn from everyone so its nice to have this forum.