Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whoaaaaaaa... Locking threads at will?

This forum is a good idea, but remember. We aren't here to attack each other personally. There is absolutely no good reason to hurt people with our words. No reason at all. The rules say attack the idea, not the person. Let's stick to that.

And as far as I'm concerned the other stuff is over. In my eyes, behind the scenes, the Moderators were doing their best in difficult circumstances. I appreciate others being concerned for me, but everything's fine now, so let's let it go where it should go now. Away from our thoughts so it doesn't drag us down anymore, ok? *hugs to all*

Oh, and Dody, I don't think willbethin was directing that at you. It sounded more like a response to Jenna's original post on this thread. Many people don't follow the entire thread, but rather just respond to the author's original statements. *hugs*

If that statement was directed towards me because I tried all day to get an offensive statement removed from here, then so be it. I can stand any heat you can throw at me, but I won't see my friends run down like was done on the "I'm Guilty" (finally deleted thread). Perhaps you should have read it.

It would have taken one minute out of someone's life to see it was totally inappropriate yet it was left all day...plenty of time for PhotoNut to see it.

Do I think the moderators could have done something in the early morning...you can bet your ass I do, and I said just that.

If you have a problem with that feel free to spit it out.

I did not direct that to one particular person. It was meant for my opposition to deleting threads. What I was saying is, if you're going to post than expect to hear intelligent responses and not so intelligent responses, they shouldn't be deleted because some responses are not warm and fuzzy!!! I had a lot of people attacking me with my post but most of them didn't even understand the point I was trying to make, even the person who deletes threads thought I was advertising for a doctor????

WillBeThin , noone called you the awful names and made personal threats to you. The threads that were deleted should have been deleted. It is not a matter of "if you can't stand the heat" It is a matter of respect for the person being attacked, and keeping this place a fun place to post. Yes there will always be drama, and there will always be differing points of view. But there should never be the awful name calling and personal attacks. Those posts and threads have no place on the board, and were wisely deleted.

I think Susan shows great courage, and amazing strength to not lash out in defense. It is hard to let things roll off your back. We are all familiar with being called fat at points in our lives, this is similar. And it is so hard to not let it affect you. Susan you are amazing :(

Freedom of speech is a guaranteed right. However you don't have the right to go into someone's house to speak just because you want to say it in their house. This message board is OWNED by an individual who has set the rules for the board and has discretion to act.

M

I second this.

WillBeThin , noone called you the awful names and made personal threats to you. The threads that were deleted should have been deleted. It is not a matter of "if you can't stand the heat" It is a matter of respect for the person being attacked, and keeping this place a fun place to post. Yes there will always be drama, and there will always be differing points of view. But there should never be the awful name calling and personal attacks. Those posts and threads have no place on the board, and were wisely deleted.

I think Susan shows great courage, and amazing strength to not lash out in defense. It is hard to let things roll off your back. We are all familiar with being called fat at points in our lives, this is similar. And it is so hard to not let it affect you. Susan you are amazing :(

I didn't read the post but if someone is making threats to another that is not Free Speech that's more like a crime. I had many personal attacks in regard to my post yesterday that wasn't related to anything described in my thread! I agree it does take much strength not to strike back at the ignorance in people so I do give her a lot of credit.

I guess I was over-reacting to the whole situation. My gripe is mostly with the moderators who let the post remain all day. I have not changed my mine that they could have deleted the post early in the day. When Alexandra stated "we were out living our lives", my thoughts were it would have taken but one minute to decide the post was totally inappropriate and very cruel. I am as angry at the moderators as I am at the person who made one of the most malicious posts I've ever seen on here. Alex should have enough trust in the moderators to let one of them delete it when it is that offensive.

Kudos to Susan for not retalliating. I think it hit me harder than anyone because Susan has never been anything but supportive and friendly to me and newbies who arrive on the board.

Susan I am proud to call you friend. I simply think this should have been deleted sooner and without my having to complain to Alex (the board owner about it). Someone was kind enough to PM me his info.

I still say shame on the moderators that allowed this to remain an entire day, and no I certainly don't feel they did the best job by any means in this situation.

I had a serious go-round with someone on here and was told to delete my posts. The person who attacked me didn't delete their posts...so please don't even tell me favoritism is not alive and well on this board.

This is just my opinion and certainly not a reflection of other people's thoughts. If you want to think LBT is one happy place, please feel free to do so, but I feel some get away with a lot and others basically get called on the carpet far more.

These very offensive posts have gone on for some time now, and still this person is posting on here. I shudder to think how many warnings have to be given before the rules are enforced and they are banned.

I don't intend to cross any lines here, but I for one am ashamed of the way this post was handled. I am on east coast time and was on this post and complaining early in the morning hoping it would be gone before Susan saw it. These things have to hurt and the moderators know that...or is the drama a bit of enjoyment and locking the threads a form of pleasure where someone cannot retaliate? A similar situation occurred about a week ago and Susan started her own thread to apologize for something...this got locked also. How unfair is this?????

Why does one of the moderators have an ad on the bottom of their post that is exactly like DeLarla's? Are they buddies? I have to ask myself is this part of the reason she gets away with the things she does?

If I'm jumping to conclusions :( please excuse me. Someone was kind enough to place a bug in my ear about the ads being the same...and lo and behold they are. Probably just conincidence but enough to make you wonder about hideous posts remaining.

Oh, Oh, is this thread going to be locked too? That seems to happen when a moderator doesn't like being called on the carpet.

And life goes on. You know what is so amazing? Just shut off the computer, you know like the knob on the TV change channels. Its that easy. And yes this is America and that is why I CHOOSE to live here.

So write whatever you want say whatever you want and do whatever you want. Thats why our men and women have fought and died for these rights. God bless America.

My opinion is just that...my opinion. I noticed moderators signed on, so I guess I wrongfully assumed they were online :( There were posts by moderators all day yesterday...shame on me for thinking they were here and knew about the situation.

It's ALWAYS easier to criticize how a person does a job... especially when it's not a job that you do. Alex and Penne don't get paid and they have to abide by the rules of the owner... as I understand it, that's a person called Alex. It's not fun to log onto a "support" board and see all the insults and bickering. Imagine how difficult it is to be a moderator who not only sees all this going on, but also gets private messages, alerts, public insults, etc. It's not a job many people would do for money let alone for nothing.

Alex and Penne worked together and adressed the concerns. It's sad to think that because action was taken at the crack of a whip they are being dragged through the mud. Bottom line... the problem WAS dealt with so let's stop beating a dead horse. Instead of bitching and moaning, let's focus on MEMORIAL DAY and all those who lost their lives fighting for our freedom.

You are entitled to your opinion Elizabeth and I to mine.

Subject is Closed.

Thanks, Leatha, that makes perfect sense. Yes, Dody, you are entitled to your opinions and you've certainly drummed it into this thread. To everyone CELEBRATING Memorial Day, enjoy!

Hope you can say the same Elizabeth. If you don't like what you read on the gripe thread please feel free not to read it. I will take my friends' parts all of the time. I wouldn't want to count on you for sure....hope I never have to.

As for the light being on...DUH Alexandra was posting almost all day.

Enough said. When the hell are you going to let this go Elizabeth, or are you a drama queen too that wants to continue to beat a dead horse? Let it go already. It has finally been deleted.....Gone....Finished. My opinion of the moderation of it stands. Why should anyone else care, the post wasn't a blatant attack on one of their friends.

Give it a friggin rest. I'm not responding to you anymore Elizabeth. Another drama queen I don't need. You are enjoying carrying this on far too much.

Sorry, Dody. I'm not going to feed your hatred so please enjoy your Memorial Day and take care of your knee and carotid blockages. I truly do wish you well and hope all works out well.

I hate no one, absolutely no one. I just simply have no respect for some people. That is not the same thing. You just keep bringing the same thing up on this thread over and over. It is gone and deleted.

I thank you for the well wishes, but this subject was dropped by me in another thread, in which you continued to feed on it.

I think enough has been said.

I don't hate you or anyone else in this world...the word is not even in my vocabulary. I may not like what someone does, but HATE is a very strong word. Like I said it is about respect and nothing to do with hatred. I'm much too much of a Christian to hate anyone.

I just want to let this go..........the thread is deleted. My friend is doing well after the attack, and I'm OK with it now.

Please...if just let it go and you too enjoy your day. I thank you for the good wishes. I hope we can get past this.

Dody