Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whoaaaaaaa... Locking threads at will?

Freedom.

Everyone is free to break the rules. They are free to say anything they want.

They have - in detail.

We are also free to start fights, riots and commit horrific crimes.

There is a consequence for using that freedom mind you.

I personally feel that any forum is run by a benevolant dictator (no disrespect Alex). The board is owned by an individual, and that individual sets the terms of use. Those terms can be obeyed, or alternately, they can be obeyed.

I think there have been many splendid comments made in this thread, and a few snide comments thrown in.

I personally still get verbal barbs directed at me, and I'm fine with that. My focus is on the lap-band, and the opinions and comments that come from it.

The theatrics and drama I can cheerfully live without.

i got a pretty big mouth...
YEAH???? Well, My mouth is so big I have room for an extra set of wisdom teeth. My dentist said she'd give me a note.... :help:

It's time to get back to the business of losing weight.

Wait, people are actually losing weight???? How is that possible?

My weight is on the road where I left it. In the dust! Whooo hooo!

My weight is on the road where I left it. In the dust! Whooo hooo!

:clap2: keep up the good work.

I think when a thread gets 4... 5... 8... pages nasty... it's really just time to end it.

I mean honestly, I started reading a thread that was like 4 pages yesterday when I started, and by the time I got to page 8 it was locked (not that I had anything constructive to say, lol). A couple of months ago we went through this (though not as bad) and I was pretty sure that most folks just agreed that if they didn't like a post or a thread, they'd just move on... right?

As for marshmallows, I don't know who can stick the most in their mouth, but what happens when you swallow all those marshmellows?!?! EEEEK

True Marimaru

Some people move on and other's prefer to deal with the situation at hand as to not allow the disagreement to fester inside of them, preventing build up and later on..causing a C-4 explosion. Keeping anything inside or repressing ones emotions and feelings about something is dangerous and cancerous forming (analogy), pretty soon, it will eat you up soo badly it will harm you.

Let people talk. If you don't agree and you wish to share your disagreement, share it. You have the right. We all do. Just like everyone is giving their own personal opinions here. Some of us agree with letting a thread go on...till the dilemna is settled.. and some of us disagree wanting a quick lock and seal on things, shutting out any lingering feelings and any resolution between the two parties in question. It will only open up new threads with the same issues. Let the thread stay open and when all parties come to a resolution or a common ground (if ever) then it will close on it's own. Anyway, this is my take on things.

It's all the same.

I know a lot of nasty stuff can be said... and I do believe that everyone has the right to express their opinons... some people just take things too far.

Then again... there is a VERY fine line between too far and not too far. I might think something is OK, and someone else might not.

I have had some VERY ugly PM's sent to me from 2 nasty people... but guys... THAT IGNORE BUTTON rocks!!!

Curiousity gets the best of me... In a few months I will un-ignore them... just to see the trouble they started. :( I am openly admitting that I love to read the drama as long as it doesn't get too personal.

True Marimaru

Some people move on and other's prefer to deal with the situation at hand as to not allow the disagreement to fester inside of them, preventing build up and later on..causing a C-4 explosion. Keeping anything inside or repressing ones emotions and feelings about something is dangerous and cancerous forming (analogy), pretty soon, it will eat you up soo badly it will harm you.

Let people talk. If you don't agree and you wish to share your disagreement, share it. You have the right. We all do. Just like everyone is giving their own personal opinions here. Some of us agree with letting a thread go on...till the dilemna is settled.. and some of us disagree wanting a quick lock and seal on things, shutting out any lingering feelings and any resolution between the two parties in question. It will only open up new threads with the same issues. Let the thread stay open and when all parties come to a resolution or a common ground (if ever) then it will close on it's own. Anyway, this is my take on things.

It's all the same.

That is what Private Messages are for.

You say Tomato ..I say To mot toe. No use in PM's especially when whatever is said in a PM goes public anyway.

You say Tomato ..I say To mot toe. No use in PM's especially when whatever is said in a PM goes public anyway.

Yes it can happen but that is up to the people that have the disagreement at the time to explose PRIVATE conversations.

I personally don't like to see or hear two people having a disagreement in a public forum whether it is here or in a restaurant or wherever. I chose to ignore the disagreement as a lay person. But as a Moderator I do not have that luxury. I have to try to referee the disagreement so that the forum is not uncomfortable and things stay on track.

All I ask is in the future if you (Collectively LBT) have an issue with another member PLEASE take it to a Private Message first. If you feel attacked then let a moderator or the owner of the board know and please give us some facts to work with not hearsay.

Ok I am going to go to lunch with my sweetie and enjoy his company as I neglected him most of the day yesterday.

HUGS TO ALL YOU GORGEOUS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!