Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Limarp surgical center-dr. Pompa

yes Im going with the weight loss forever here group on Sept 17th - one facilitator comes with me... cant wait!! she does look and sound amzing through alot of people Ive heard!! Congrats Pink Betty!! Its a very exciting decision!!

I am also going with wlf and I am taking a facilitator with me too... I am looking forward to going through all of these stages but I wish I lived closer to sask so that I could meet others that have been sleeved but they r trying to do more online meetings so that's really good... I also got pm'd by goodlife and checked out her link... What are you thinking about that?.. Right now I'm listening to allsides but at the end of the day I know I will be making a god decision to advance my life from here on out!... Oh yah.. I have a date set for oct 1 yay!:confused1:

I hear you... theres no one in Calagry either right now, so yes definitly lets stay in touch (the more support the better!!)... DrPompa is an amazing Doctor... be careful of the soap opera and drama on here though!!! lol I just learnt and was overwhelmed what negativity there is on here lol..... DrPompa is 5 star!! Congrats on you Oct 1st date!!

I apologize if you think I was trying to cause a "soap opera" or any "drama". Not my style nor my intent. I came across that thread over there and then saw this one over here and thought you might be interested in knowing what type of surgery you were going to get with this doctor. Strictly informational that's all. I have no other motives here...I was sleeved here locally and no nothing about this doctor other than what I've read. The picture of the girls stomach and then reading there was another just like her was enough that I thought it might be beneficial for you all to know what kind of procedure she performs. If you are satisfied not getting a sleeve then that is certainly your business.

The type of surgery she does leaves large portions of the stomach intact and both people reported having no restriction because of it.

Again...my intent was not to stir up any negativity but simply to put it out there for informational purposes.

Dr. Pompa may very well be a first rate surgeon and a very skilled one at that. That is not what my post is about. But if you go there expecting you're going to get a true sleeve....like the one I have...you're going to be disappointed.

If you are satisfied not getting a sleeve then that is certainly your business.

The type of surgery she does leaves large portions of the stomach intact and both people reported having no restriction because of it.

Again...my intent was not to stir up any negativity but simply to put it out there for informational purposes.

But if you go there expecting you're going to get a true sleeve....like the one I have...you're going to be disappointed.

I understand that you are looking at those two stories and assuming that all of her VSG surgeries are the same but if you look at what those two people had in common is that they had already had a stomach stapling which created alot of scar tissue ..... I know personally people who have gone to Dr. Pompa and have indeed a "real" sleeve.... they have had massive weight loss experienced the same side affects of having the sleeve such as only being able to eat extremely small portions and also feeling freed from their previous cravings...If i had a procedure such as my stomach stapled 15-20 years ago I may have to look at the repercussions of going into that region and disturbing the scar tissue that was left there... Now i am not a doctor nor do I know all there is to know about VSG but those are definitely isolated cases in which im sure we can all understand are not the norm for a doctor that has done hundreds of sleeves within the last six years. I thank you for bringing that to my attention however I do not think that it is fair to say that if I want a "real" sleeve like yours i should probably not go to that doctor.. I do not think that that is very appropriate to say based on two isolated cases.

Thanks Sleeveorbust!! Very well said and a very educated answer.

I think that the messages regarding Dr.Pompa was beyond certain limits and I really wonder what the intentions were in writing this ... an email that starts off with an apology, but then quicky there after states "But if you go there expecting you're going to get a true sleeve....like the one I have...you're going to be disappointed. "

Originally Posted by goodlife viewpost.gif

If you are satisfied not getting a sleeve then that is certainly your business.

I seriously wonder the intentions in writing these messages and emailing people privately, Im figuring that there must be sometype of personal involvement?? That this happened to this person specifically...as often we dont know the whole story behinds someones venting and often there is more then what there is to the eye. Trust me I see it a lot and I never take sides.... maybe talking to everyone involved and finding out the whole story before making conclusions and sending people various emails and private messages. This has unfortunaly created a lot of stress and unneeded turmoil over the last week for a lot of people when it had nothing to do with the person causing no intent to harm in this message.

It says "I apologize if you think I was trying to cause a "soap opera" or any "drama". Not my style nor my intent."

I unfortunatey would have to disagree, If I was giving out an award for the best drama this month, I would love to give out the Oscar!

Just a heads up.... Dr.Pompa has hundreds of positives, and reviews online... I definitly would recommend taking the search to become more informed about her and educated about her surgeries!

Edited by Calgarygirl

I had my sleeve done on August 13th with Dr. Pompa and can assure you that I do have a "real sleeve" first off I saw the stomach during my leak test and it is TINY, secondly I can eat no more then 3 oz of food at this point and I am feeling stuffed. I don't know the stories you were all referencing but I can tell you that Dr. Pompa is a great surgeon. Her staff is A+ and the facility is so modern and clean you could freaking eat off the floor. The room next to mine was being cleaned out after a girl was discharged and it seriously took the guy almost 2 hours before he was done. The whole facility smells clean and refreshing. The shower overlooking the golf course is amazing also.

Dr. Vanessa was so sweet and listened to all my concerns. They were all on top of keeping me comfortable and mindful of when I would finally get rest they would let me be. They were dilligent about the breathing exercises to ward off getting pneumonia and me walking the halls.

Also if you are bringing companions the area is safe and close to several fast food places along with a Starbucks right on the corner. My mother walked twice daily to get something to drink and eat. I even walked with her to Starbucks the afternoon I was released to the connecting hotel. I felt comfortable doing so. It was quiet at night even though I was there over the weekend and the building looked out over the city lights. The back of the building looks out over a country club golf course.

Picking a surgeon is a personal decision but I would say to anyone looking for a surgeon to look into LIMARP.

Nope...I have no motive. The reason I sent private messages is that this site does not allow you to link to a thread from another forum in public. I did post that originally and the post was removed because of the link.

If indeed there were reasons why these two specific people (plus the several others I've heard about - note *HEARD*) then that is wonderful news and is a good explanation.

As I stated, I was just putting the info out there....just trying to be helpful. I have no personal involvement. I don't even know anyone who has used this Doctor. These are the types of things I would have wanted to know about so that I could do my own investigating and research.

That's it...nothing more nothing less.

OH and forgive me for not using a qualifier in my post...like POSSIBLY.

Good luck to all of you...I truly wish you all the best.

like i said before, i definitely appreciate you bringing that to my attention and I have no problem with that part.. i guess i was just put off when you said that if i wanted a "real" sleeve this doctor is not the one to go to.. anyway that is neither here nor there because im sure that your intentions were just to be helpful...

just a side note.. i have been doing some more looking into that thread that you linked and because of her previous 1980's stapling a doc is unable to cut that scar tissue as it will lead to massive hemorrhaging therefore making it very difficult to create a regular sleeve.. thus the Y shaped sleeve she was given... just some food for thought :)

And I must have missed that part about her previous stomach stapling. I did go back and read the thread of the other girl..and there was no mention of a previous surgery. But perhaps there was a reason for her too. I don't know.

Again I apologize for that one comment...I typed that hastily and with a bit of frustration at being accused of trying to start a soap opera and drama when that was not my intention at all.

There was tv with Directv, I did not see a dvd player. Sorry :crying: