Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you seen the you tube videos of laparoscopic surgery

:thumbup: Have you seen the you tube videos of laparoscopic surgery,it is amazing that there are not more complications. I have problems with a slipped lapband that I want removed. I am considering the sleeve but when I watch the videos of the surgery it scares me. I don't mean to be a downer but I want to know everything. The scar tissue left behind concerns me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XW-9WKaEZo]YouTube- Dr Rutledge Narrates Removal Failed LapBand + MGB[/ame] :):confused1::):confused1:

I haven't watched a VSG with band removal, but I've watched a couple of straight VSG surgeries. I have a copy of my own surgery on a zip drive, but haven't watched it yet (only because I want to watch it on the new flat-screen TV that I don't understand, so I need my hubby to figure out how to play off the USB ports!).

I watched them, and honestly the huge amounts of scar tissue left after my band, and all the adhesions around the tubing, and port area were much scarier than the scar tissue left behind after VSG.

As a former bandster, the sleeve is a blessing and truly fabulous tool for WL. I am so happy to be rid of the band.

Thanks to all for your replies. I want to switch from the lapband to the sleeve but I am very concerned about the potential complications from the scaring from the lapband. I have experienced pain from esophagus spasms and I envision alot of scaring (I don't know for sure). I wish I had not waited so long to do something else because I think that has added to the scaring and thus complications for the revision to the sleeve. My doctor says the revision is "doable" (his words). Now that I have finally realized I do not want to continue to deal with the lapband for the rest of my life, I need to make a decision of what to do next. :smile: