Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are your favorite snacks

I will be leaving the soft-food stage shortly, and have been advised to eat three meals and two Snacks. What are your favorite low calorie, high Protein (maybe?) snacks? What do you snack on regularly? What can you pack and go quickly?

My nut recommended string cheese, Peanut Butter & 1/2 apple (later, not at the beginning), or to keep Protein Powder with me that mixes with Water.< /span>

I have been carrying a couple of chedder cheese Snacks around with me (the ones that come in pre wrapped sticks, by Craker Barrel or if you have a Trader Joe's Probiotic Cheddar Cheese Portions with live Lactobacillus, Acidophilus Culture. It's all good if you like cheddar, melts in your mouth and has 7gr. Protein per stick. I still can't seem to acquire a taste for any sort of Protein Bar even though pre surgery I had some favorites.

Sargento Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar sticks.....room temp...so cheesy great!

Old Wisconsin Turkey snack Bites.....1g Protein each....6 in a portion....salty meaty snack...chew it well...very satisfying!

Plain 0% fat Greek yogurt with dehydrated Peanut Butter (PB2) or SF Smuckers Peach preserves in it.

1% lowfat cottage cheese

Luna Mini bars...80 calories...small..perfect portion for sleevers

deli sliced low fat meats rolled around some seasoned Neufchatal cheese, a cheese stick, or a Mount Olive sugar free bread and butter pickle spear.

sugar free applesauce.....

Ok..now I'm hungry!

by the way.. I had an Amy's Organic Corn, Tomato, cheese Enchilada the last two nights for supper. It's higher in carbs than I really prefer, but very satisfying in flavor. When I looked at the portion size I thought .."yeah right, sure that's two portions".....but .. it really was a correct portion for a sleever. One was perfectly satisfying and the other easily reheated in the microwave the next day. Nice enchilada taste and with no meat it was very easy to chew thoroughly and enjoy. I won't do it often because of the corn tortilla = carbs...but when I'm craving that flavor kick I'll sure have it again.

Beef Jerky or nuggets they are high in sodium so I limit my intake, but I love beef jerky.

Hey Tiffy, how far out did you start eating jerky? My brother made me some venison jerky and says it's not tough like store-bought stuff, but I wasn't sure when I could start eating it.

by the way.. I had an Amy's Organic Corn, Tomato, cheese Enchilada the last two nights for supper. It's higher in carbs than I really prefer, but very satisfying in flavor. When I looked at the portion size I thought .."yeah right, sure that's two portions".....but .. it really was a correct portion for a sleever. One was perfectly satisfying and the other easily reheated in the microwave the next day. Nice enchilada taste and with no meat it was very easy to chew thoroughly and enjoy. I won't do it often because of the corn tortilla = carbs...but when I'm craving that flavor kick I'll sure have it again.

Hey Tracy, is that like a frozen meal? Or in what section of the store do you find it? Sounds good!! :)

My physician doesn't want me eating in between meals but most of the time i do. Few mixed nuts, yogurt, cheese or Peanut Butter. I think that is best because i have friends of mine that have lost weight by eating 5-6 small meals per day. They say it keeps metabolism up. Don't know if this is true or not.

Hey Tiffy, how far out did you start eating Jerky? My brother made me some venison Jerky and says it's not tough like store-bought stuff, but I wasn't sure when I could start eating it.

I started eating beef jerky and turkey jerky once I was cleared for regular food. It took forever to chew it, but it's a good source of Protein.

The little steak nuggets were not as tough, and were pretty moist as well.

Thanks guys for such great ideas. I am going to take this list to the grocery store. Any other suggestions for 'sweet snacks'. I love the greek yogurt, and will try the luna mini bars (are they high sugar?)

I occasionally have one of the South Beach Peanut Butter Protein Cereal bars. They have 10grams of Protein, and 15 grams of carbs. I consider them a "treat" because of the carb count.

The Atkins advantage bars are a nice change as well. They are pretty carby also, but they have 18grams of protein, 22grams of carbs, the box says only 2grams of net carbs, but I consider carbs, carbs. They're sweet, and kind of salty so I get the best of both worlds. A box of 5 bars last me 3 months because I seriously rarely eat them.

In my opinion, they are better than chowing down on a Snicker's or Butterfinger bar.

I really like laughing cow cheese. I like the little wedges and I get the light. I really like the laughing cow baby bell and I get the light in those too. those are easier to eat, because the wedges are more of a spread. I eat them on Kellogs Multi grain crackers which are higher in Fiber than most crackers and pretty low calorie for crackers. They are little and I only eat about 5 of them, so really it's not that many carbs.

I gave up on regular yogurt because of the carb count. Greek yogurt is so much lower in carbs and higher in Protein, it's a much better choice. I sometimes put Protein powder in it, or PB2 or any of my sf syrups, divinchi or (sp?) I think the other brand is Torrini. I get those at a restaurant supply company that we have here. They are what they put in all those fancy coffee drinks that I don't drink.

I also snack on almonds a lot. There are 100 calorie packs of chocolate dusted almonds that I really like.

I also eat string cheese and I like the colby/jack better than cheddar that comes in sticks. There is a low fat one.

I go through phases of my favorite snacks...right now it is Starbuck's tall frappacino light blended vanilla bean, strawberry, or white chocolate mocha with whipped cream. I can barerly finish it and it's like a decadent treat, like an adult milk shake without all the fat and sugar.