Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week of February 8th ... join me?

Got home yesterday and feel OK. Mostly I would say my stomach just feels raw. Had some problems feeling sick to my stomach the first two days but not so much now. More than anything I just have a headache and for some reason my arms ache. Has anyone else had that issue. All and all doing pretty good.

allforone, welcome home! I'm so happy to read that everything went ok for you. I can't wait to read more about your journey. Please update when you're able to. I don't know about the arm ache, but I can tell you that after my gallbladder removal in November, I had a headache for a couple of days. We're not used to the anesthesia or the things they pump into our IV. I bet it goes away in a day. Are you able to sip Water and get hydrated?

Got home yesterday and feel OK. Mostly I would say my stomach just feels raw. Had some problems feeling sick to my stomach the first two days but not so much now. More than anything I just have a headache and for some reason my arms ache. Has anyone else had that issue. All and all doing pretty good.

Hey Allforone...The only person I know that had pain in their arm afterward was Barbara...she had a blood clot. If you suspect that, you should get it checked just in case. Welcome home and good luck with everything else.

Rob

Rob, that's great advice! Allforone, how are you feeling this morning??

Hey guys. Finally out of the hospital after 4 days. They realized a couple of hours after the surgery I was bleeding internall, and had to go back in for a 2nd surgery. Had to have a transfusion, but I'm on the mend. Scary there for a bit, but I'm able to have some very thin oatmeal, Jello, and tea. Sips of Water all through the day. I'm still glad i did this though, and that I'm finally on the other side.

Clock!! I was wondering what happened to you. I'm so happy to read that you're home! Please keep a close eye on how you're feeling and let us know how you're doing.

I am feeling much better now. I am having no trouble taking in liquid. My problem is that I am hungry. I was not expecting that. I do sip slow and stop when I have taken in all I need to take. I truly feel like I could eat a meal. I am hoping that what I am feeling is going to go away. I was not expecting to have to use self control at this time. I am sure if I took in too much it would make me sick and I didn't go on this journey to mess up now. Just disappointed in that.

Oh and the problems with my arms have gone away. They told me it could be how I was positioned on the table or sometimes the gases that they use to puff up your stomach in surgery settle in your arms and shoulders sometimes. Whatever it has gone away.

Hi All,

I am on the losers' bencn now! Everything went well and my worse problem is the gas pains. Also, I can't drink plain Water too happily. Crystal Light goes down better.

Take care,

Pennie

Hi, I was sleeved on February 5th, still will clera liquid and no hungry but suffering of gas pain. But everthing is ok I even walk 60 minutes per day inside the house (in set of ten) just to feel active.

Good luck in your sugery!!!!!!!!!

Hi All,

I am on the losers' bencn now! Everything went well and my worse problem is the gas pains. Also, I can't drink plain Water too happily. Crystal Light goes down better.

Take care,

Pennie

YAY YAY Pennie, glad to hear you are home and recovering ! ! ! Keep on sipping. . .

Well, it is done, my surgery was Monday and it is Friday. I got home Wednesday but felt pretty crappy. I am still very sore, although all in all I feel "better". I am a little jealous reading about people's speedy recoveries and I feel mine is on the slower side but I guess we are all different. He also ended up fixed my hiatial hernia which he originally told me he was leaving alone because it was small but said it was more "moderate to large" when looking at it.

I am eat but it seems like everytime I put something in, it gurgles aroud my stomach (making LOUD noises) and then I have to go to the bathroom. Is this normal? and if it is how long does this usually last? Maybe I am being impatient and expecting too much to fast. I was able to get a little Protein in, broth, half a container of sugar free Jello, and some (about 16 oz) Water in today but I can't say it was easy.

I am hoping everyone else sleeved this week is doing well. I have been thinking of you all. When I came home I wasn't up to logging on and yesterday my computer was down.

Please let me know how you are doing...

I just want to give all of you new sleevers a big big hug! Virtual of course so no pain involved. I can't wait to join you all on the Loser's Bench!

My problem is that I am hungry. I was not expecting that. I do sip slow and stop when I have taken in all I need to take. I truly feel like I could eat a meal. I am hoping that what I am feeling is going to go away. I was not expecting to have to use self control at this time. I am sure if I took in too much it would make me sick and I didn't go on this journey to mess up now. Just disappointed in that.

I know exactly what you mean....up until today I felt I could devour a turkey dinner (I didn't try) But today I don't feel that hunger. I think it has to do with the healing, all that emptiness inside and gas moving around. Once things heal a bit more and we get used to eating more regularly prepared foods that will go away.

More Drama:

For a couple of days, I started to have trouble filling my lungs with a good breath. Any attempt would send me into some freaky kind of spasms. I thought that most likely it was all apart of the healing process, but it felt like someone was sticking a knife in me if I tried to take a deep breath. The pain was underneath my breast on the R side. It got bad. I thought I had overdid it the day before and was paying the price.

Well..I called my friend who is 2 years post-op and also a Nurse, and she said I should go to the hospital....I could have a pulmonary embolism, or a collapsed lung.

Well, I developed a low grade fever 99.4 and my heart rate (after an hour of rest) was 130. The pain got so bad my DP had to call 911.

I spent the night in the ER...had to have a couple of CT scans with some contrast. No Pulmonary Embolism thank god. But some funky stuff came up in my BW to suggest that indeed something is up. They loaded me up with painkillers, and told me to keep myself on top of the pain to see if that would help me try and breath more deeply, and I'm gong to see my Surgeon tomorrow afternoon.

I cannot stand the painkillers. They make me super wasted, and I fall asleep at the drop of a hat. I havn't taken any since lunch time today, and I'm still feeling not bad. I have more lung capacity, but I'm worried about what is causing it, and why the funky blood work numbers.