Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Monday Morning Weigh In

Wow, that is fantastic! But you really deserve it, your exercise routine is to be commended, the sleeve is just a tool, and you get out of it what you put into it and it really shows. You are inspiring me to get moving, used my treadmill yesterday while watching extreme weightloss from " Big to Bikini" very inspiring. She lost 125 lbs in 9 mos. Anyway, today I reached a mini milestone too, weighed in at 169, finally broke out of the 170s!

Excellent job on the weight loss...I love getting out of each number bracket (90's, 80's, 70's), congratulations for being done with the 170's FOREVER!!! Also, great job on getting moving, I'm bummed because tap dance is now on break and I just called and found out Jazzercise will not be in session because the parking lot isn't all the way cleared. Maybe we should try an exercise/get moving challenge or something in the new year??

Steph123 and DeeDee: WTG! I am sooooo envious. I amat 211 today, so a whopping one pound loss from last week. Hey, I'll take it!

Seriously, Christmas parties, lots of visitors from out of town staying with us. Upset my entire routine. I would not have it any other way. I know I have my "tool" for the rest of my life. So, I am relaxed and peaceful not stressed out and fearful of getting "off track" a bit durning these holidays. I have made an appt. with a trainer for Jan 2. I did not go back to the Water class. Just upped the level of my bike riding. Staying at 30 min. Knees are good still.

No snow for me to shovel. Great for you DeeDee!

Good job working your tool, the scale is moving in the right direction and that is definitely an accomplishment during this season! That's good that you've been able to use your bike, I probably wouldn't have gone back to the Water class either, I didn't give mine a second chance.

WTG, Dee Dee. Lucky you have snow. We're in So. Cal., so winter is 50ish and no nothing, only rain when we get very lucky.:thumbup:

If you really want to shovel, I can call you up when/if the next storm hits...I'm still sore. I feel really bad for you in SoCal, how horrible it must be to have moderate weather and great beaches :-) Did I mention that is one of my favorite areas in the country?

Thhis morning (Monday am weigh in) I was surprised that the scale registered 184 lbs - I finally weigh less than my 6" husband!

That was my first goal on OH and now, for my 2nd goal, need to get to 165 and I will weigh what I did when we got married 25 yrs ago.

Love this sleeve!:thumbup:

Stoongal, that was one of my goals also and it happened to be 184 as well in order to make it. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

G'Morning everyone..... I actually FORGOT yesterday was Monday!!!! Work is CRAZY with Christmas just a few days away!!

I didn't even weigh or measure yesterday!

So will post this morning...

195.2 I'll take it!!!

I actually thought I might be up!

DeeDee-

CONGRATS!! And 20inches of SNOW???? OMG... I am really having a hard time the cold since I lost weight... I was NEVER cold.... always sweating...... now.. I have to wear sweaters, and layers... NEVER been able to do that before because I was always so hot.

Steph...

CONGRATS to you as well for getting out of the 170's woooooooooo hoooooooo!!

Stoongal- you'll be at goal before you know it!!

I LOVE hearing all the victories!!!!

Yeaaaa Chancie! Isn't it great to see the scale go down even though we aren't really "working"our tool? Mine went down that one silly pound and you would have thought I won the lottery. lol we will get through Christmas, and then back to workin the tool. R I I I G H T!!!

Carolyn, I totally agree. I feel that I'm lucky to get through the holidays with any loss. I'm still trying to work it, but between the special events and being emotional, I haven't truly worked my tool to the best of my ability. That's one thing I love about though, it will still be there and it keeps me pretty on track even now.

Chancie, that is AWESOME! Yes, I too always am cold now that I've lost weight. I need to get a good winter coat. But, I'd rather be cold than fat any day of the year:-)

I'm cold all the time now too. My house is cold inside and I hate turning on the heat, so I have a little heater under my desk. But yeah, am now cold, never was before unless it was really COLD. Ha Ha, Dee Dee, about the weather. So Cal. you can have it; we're never satisfied where we are, are we? I get tired of always sunny days, believe it or not. Would love some rain and some texture in the sky. Was 173.4 this morning, and have a size 10 jeans upstairs waiting for me to feel comfortable in them. I can get them on, but they're still too tight around the middle for comfort. They fit, but I don't want something to be too tight. It's all good!

Wow, you guys are all doing so tremendously well! Keep up the great work! I'll be able to cheer my NSV's pretty darn soon! Surgery is next tuesday!

congrats girls!! I haven't lost much weight this week. I think 3# since Saturday. I too weigh everyday and I have never weighed so much in all of my life. I think what has caused me not to loose is my carbs are up. I do really good for Breakfast then lunch or dinner I blow it. I wasn't get enough cals in when I went to see my doctor and he made me swap to 2% milk and the carbs are high. I am at a loss. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Laura,

Three pounds since Saturday is excellent! I wouldn't worry much unless you have a stall and then look at switching some things up.

How come no one has posted this first monday after Christmas???? Hummmmm? Could it be no one wants to admit and up in the scale? ??

Well ya all, I get to post waaaay differently. But, I will be brutally honest. THe day after Christmas I got the flu. the WORST flu ever. I had my two little grands with me and my poor husband had to get them breakfast and CHANGE A DIAPER. The man has not changed a diaper in 40 years. Luck was with him it was not poopy. I meanwhile was piling the bathroom rugs any towels I touched and numerous underwear into the tub to be washed when and if I recovered. (I did) Honestly that was just the worst bout of flu in the entire space of time. I did however loose. Yes I did. 5.5Lbs, from Friday to Monday. I am back on Clear Liquids and got a bit of myoplex (protein) to stay down and in! so far so good. God my stomach is sore! Hubby had the flu shot so he will probably be ok. I did not as it was right at the time I was being sleeved. I will NOT miss my flu shot in the future. UGH! so, that is where I am, how are the rest of ya doing? Come on we talk about the good and the bad so fess up.

Well - I will admit it. I have gained 2 lbs since Dec 16th - my knee surgery date. I was really good up until the 23rd-25th, but then blew it on the food and booze. Fortunately, today (175) was less than two days after my knee surgery (179 - filled with IV fluids and swollen knee). My knee is still swollen (about 1.5 inches bigger around than my other) so I know a lot of the extra fluid/weight is there. I also can't do cardio - just physical therapy and upper body weight training. But....I'm back on my program and doing the exercises I can. I am certain I did not eat 20,000 calories extra since surgery - it is not fat (heck I didn't eat 10,000 calories total for those 10 days combined). It will go back down - the laws of physics are with me.

Carolyn, I'm so sorry to hear you had the flu. I didn't get the shot this year either, but think I will this week.

Linda, I KNOW you will continue to go down.

Well, I am out of town still and have not weighed yet. I will be getting home tomorrow evening and will weigh on Wednesday morning. My hope is that I maintained my weight over this last week, I did pretty well until I came to visit family on Saturday and it's pretty much been a sweet grazing fest. I'll post and let everyone know.