Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Monday Morning Weigh In

That's great news Linda!!!

This morning I weighed 155 pounds! That's 1.5 pounds lost since last Monday. I'm pretty excited about having a loss this week at all, but it mostly came before the Christmas holiday (I weighed 155.5 lbs on Christmas Eve). I've gotten use to the weight loss slowing down and am just pretty happy that it keeps going in the right direction.

Yea !linda, yea DeeDee! I am so happy for you both. Stay positive. New year new us. ha. I wonder if I can go work out tomorrow,(thurs) is that to soon? I cannot belevie I am missing my work outs! I really like them. I like the way they make me feel.

Carolyn,

If you feel up to it and get in enough liquids, I'd say GO FOR IT! Just don't expect to have as much energy or do as much as you were doing right from the start. I too am missing my normal workouts. Today is the only day this week I will have a normal workout...haven't had one since last Wednesday. I did walk two days while out of state and did an exercise DVD (lower body only) one night, but I know I will not be able to do my routines full out tonight in Jazzercise. Good luck, just don't push it.

My weight hasn't budged in 2 wks, so I took my measurements and my hips went down 2 inches, and so did my waist and bust....YAY!!!! It pays to measure, y'all!

Continued success to all on your incredi ble journey to good health and a greater quality of life.

Edited by Steph_123

congrats to all of you. you go girls. monday i weighed 245 and this morning it was 244. i can't believe how the weight just falls off of you. before surgery i was squeezing myself into a 3xl or blue scrubs and tonight i thought i would put on my 2xl that i wore last summer08. i could not believe it they fit and still look like a bunch of people have moved out of my waist,butt,hips and legs. where oh where is weight going!!! i really don't understand how all of this works. again congrats to you guys weight loss keep it up and thanks for the measurement tip steph

I've had alot goin' on and no excuse for not doing my Monday Weigh in!!!

I've gained am 197.6

I've had wayyyyyy too much alcohol this past week... and it being New Years eve and alll.......... guess I'll behave later!!! hehehehe

Hope everyone has a Safe and 'Wonderful New Years!!!!!

I'll do better next year :(

Well, for some reason New Year's was a more difficult holiday for me than any of the others so far when it came to self discipline. I (sort of) got back on track this past weekend and this morning weighed in 2 pounds less for a weight of 153.

My weight stayed exactly the same all week until this morning...I'm thinking I might drop to weighing a couple times per week now.

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday!

Down to 215 today. The scales is on the move this past week, 9 lbs past ten days. Probably partly because I am not getting in 6-800 calories, since I have this darn esophogeal diverticulum. I have cut back on the volume I am eating to about what I was consuming the first few weeks post op. in case there is a pressure problem inside my esophagus. Am going to see the gastroenterologist today, hope to get some answers. Glad for the wt loss but not a good way to do it!

G'Morning and Happy NewYear to everyone!!

I've kinda been "missing in Action"... lots going on right now and am under alot of stress at work. I felt really bad at work on Sat. and was dizzy and my head was hurting.. so I went to the BP machine.. and my BP was HIGH. So i went bck an hour later and it was even higher.......169/97..... it has been EXCELLENT since my surgery 114/60 so I went to urgent care... says I have an inner er infection.. but gonna make an appointment with my regular Doc this morning.

I havn't even measured since Nov. 23rd:scared0:So am starting off the NEW year with my measurements too....

DOWN 9.50 INCHES!!!

Weight-193.6 - 4 pounds!!!

S0 I am HAPPY with the start of the new year! I honestly don't think I will make "GOAL" by

Feb 9th... but am getting closer!!

DeeDee- you're doing soooo good, don't get discouraged now!!

And Cajun, I'm sorry you're having problems, I hope they find out whats going on. Hope you get to feeling better!!!

Yay - I weighed in at 169 today. Woo Woo! :thumbup1::w00t:

Dee Dee - the exciting thing to remember is that you are still losing. I remember in diets past where a two pound weight loss was a great week. With only 5 lbs to go until GOAL you are definitely almost there.

Cajun - good luck at the doctor today. You're right, 9 lbs in 10 days is really moving. Hey - you've crossed the half-way point. :w00t: Congrats on the weight loss, sorry for the circumstances in which you are losing that quickly. They always say you got to "take the negatives with the positives", in your case, "take the positives with the negative".

Chancie - sorry to hear about the ear infection. But 9.5 inches in a little over a month is AWESOME. Keep up the good work. It is definitely making a difference.

Edited by i1Linda

Hi,

Well, New Years turned out to be my worst holiday for weight also! I have a houseful of people, and I have not been to the gym, and excuses excuses excuses. Phooey, I gained 3 1/2 lbs. 207 this morning. just phooey.

I am going to the gym today. I am getting my Protein today. I am throwing away all the cookies~cakes~pies~nuts~candies that my guests brought. I thought I had not eaten that much of that stuff. Guess I had. or maybe it is the lack of exercise? Anyway, I am going back to working my tool.

If I want to put a silver lining on this whole "holiday" season~~~I can say that before Christmas I was 212 and now two weeks later 207 for an overall loss of 5 glorius pounds. Yeah, I kinda like that thought better.

Onward and downward!!! ; }

Hi,

Well, New Years turned out to be my worst holiday for weight also! I have a houseful of people, and I have not been to the gym, and excuses excuses excuses. Phooey, I gained 3 1/2 lbs. 207 this morning. just phooey.

I am going to the gym today. I am getting my Protein today. I am throwing away all the cookies~cakes~pies~nuts~candies that my guests brought. I thought I had not eaten that much of that stuff. Guess I had. or maybe it is the lack of exercise? Anyway, I am going back to working my tool.

If I want to put a silver lining on this whole "holiday" season~~~I can say that before Christmas I was 212 and now two weeks later 207 for an overall loss of 5 glorius pounds. Yeah, I kinda like that thought better.

Onward and downward!!! ; }

Carolyn,

Something tell me you did not gain 3.5 lbs of FAT. That is OVER 10,000 calories more than you burn. More likely, you are retaining Water due to decreased exercise and increased carbs. I had knee surgery on 12/16 and weighed 173.5 lbs. I weighed on 12/26 and weighed 179. I know that I had not been following my plan - no exercise except PT, drinking alcohol, snacking on carbs, etc and my knee was still swollen - but I was pissed off anyway. I got right back on the program and dropped back down to 173 by 12/29. This week - another 4 pounds lost. I haven't lost 4 lbs in a week since early out. So give yourself a break, get back on your program and work that sleeve. It's an amazing tool that helped you enjoy the Holidays with friends and family while losing 5 pounds. That's pretty cool. :thumbup1:

Edited by i1Linda