Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not turning out well just yet

Kirasoma I will keep you in my prayers. I love statement "God will not give you more than you can handle" I strongly believe in that.

If you dont mind sharing...can you tell me where you had gone to get your VSG done? I look forward to hearing your updates.

Hi Kirasoma,

I can relate to your disappointment on awakening after surgery.

When I awoke after what I thought was going to be my 2nd banding, I was told that the surgeon was unable to do it because my stomach and liver had stuck together and had to be separated. He only had 1mm in which to separate them. When I saw him for my checkup after the op, he said that he was so pleased to see me breathing and walking that he refunded his Gap fee of $1,219 and just accepted the Medicare and HBF amounts. I now call my security doors after him as that's what I spent the refund on. Unfortunately when I finally had the 2nd banding things went disastrously wrong and that had to be removed by another surgeon. I'm hoping for the sleeve in February and in the meantime the lost weight is returning with a vengance.

Waiting to hear the results of your liver test.

Bet wishes, Katydid.

I am shocked and amazed that anyone would really care about my story, and so humbled . Thank you all for your encouragement and prayers. I have some support from my family, but they do not really understand. I believe you all do, so it means a lot to me, more than you will ever know.

i guess this means that you have all adopted me now :huh0:) and I will certainly let you know what the next adventure will be. That is tomorrow , dun dun dun the liver dr, and the results dun dun dun.

I do believe there is a reason for it all and I accept whatever God has in store of me, doesn't mean I have to like it hehe.

Soon soon , just a matter of hours now, and honestly I am hoping for good results, and clearance. :biggrin0:

I hope you get the clearance. You are in our prayers.

I had to take the tests required for bariatric surgery several months ago, and I found out that I tested positive for H-Pyloria, which is a stomach infection (contagious also) that I did not know that I had. It can cause stomach ulcers and stomach cancer among other things. I Thank God that he lead me in the right direction to have Bariatric Surgery and to having the tests, before it was too late. I had to take what was called a Prev-PaK, which was a two week antibiotic treatment and had to have more tests to see if it was cleared up. I did receive a negative test, which now I have that part of the clearance over with. It slowed down everything for a little while and I got upset at first, but I realized that it was a good thing that I found out when I did, because may have saved my life. I just found out that my Psych. Eval. is ready to be faxed to my Bariatric Center and then all my tests will be in to turn into insurance, I may have an approval or denial in a week or so. I am getting closer. I am getting more and more anxious the closer I get to having the surgery. I can only imagine how disappointed you were. I am glad that you have come to this forum for support. It has really been a big support for me right when I needed it the most. May God bless and keep you in his care!!

My brother had Rny about 12 years ago. They saw problems with his liver and did the Rny anyway. Be thankful they didn't continue. It killed him. A bad liver with Rny has proven to be pretty deadly.

Oh, and just for clarification, for the not so informed, liver disease happens to people for many reasons not associated with drugs or alcohol. In fact, many obese people who have been on long term starvation diets and yo yoed to many times have liver problems.

Steve,

I am sorry to hear about your brother. If you don't mind saying, did he have "fatty liver", or liver cancer?

Steve, I am very sorry to hear about your brother. Thank you for posting the info to keep people informed.

Agreed, thank you for sharing that with us Steve. What happened to your brother is very sad.

Kirasoma, I am worried, we haven't had an update from you. I am hoping everything is okay.