Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whatcha' Eating?

Another board has what are you eating threads almost everyday. I was thinking we could have the same thing here. I will try to keep up with mine. It might keep me clean about how good or bad I am doing with my Protein vs calories and such.

Feel free to put yours down. You don't have to put calories and protein if you want, just what you have been eating. It might help newbies get an idea of what we eat after surgery.

Newbies feel free to post what you eat too! Even if you are pre op it helps to see it up sometimes in making sure you are staying on track. You might want to note you are pre-op so people are not wondering about a large intake than a post op.

Edited by DownInSocal

I keep track of what I eat on my iTouch in a program called Lose It!

Yesterday: (it was a bad calorie day)

Breakfast 7 am: 1/3 cup non fat milk

lunch 1: 10 am: 1 snack pack hummus (i dont know size, it is small prob 2.5 oz) and 2 deli (thin) slices Gouda cheese.

lunch 2 noon: 2 Ounces Protein shake (I was still full)

Lunch 3 3pm: 2 slices pureed ham, 1/4 cup pureed cooked carrots, 1 tsp thousand island, all mashed together.

Driving Home 5:30 pm: rest of Protein Shake 8oz

dinner 7 pm: 1 slice swiss, 3 fish sticks with most breading removed, 2 ounces cheddar, 1 tsp tarter sauce, all pureed together to mush. Yum. I didn't finish it all though.

Yikes: 9 pm: Small cookie. 60 cals. I shouldn't have ate it. I was still full. I could have left it too, that was what made me angry at myself. I popped it in mouth without thinking.

So I am not doing great about the cheese still. That is not helping my issues. I was 150 cals over my goal for this day. That extra cookie and slice swiss was a bad idea.

Edited by DownInSocal

2 mos post-op:

8 oz black coffee while getting ready for work

Breakfast 32 oz ice Water mixed w/unjury unflavored

Snack toasted 45 calorie wheat bread w/1 tbls pb.

Lunch 1/2 Weight Watcher pizza

Snack small salad w/1 tbls light basalmic vinegrette, 1 slice low fat cheese, diced, on top.

Dinner 2 oz Talapia sauted w/1 tbls corn meal, veggies, 1 tsp oil

32 oz water while working out on treadmill 30 min.

Snack 100 calorie Medifast snack or save 1/2 dinner.< /span>

Total 71 gms Protein

64 oz water

Calories 700 to 900.

Edited by Steph_123

8 days post op.

I've found the solution to not being able to drink much! It's belching. Not dainty little urps, I belt it out like a truck driver, but I feel sooooo much better and I can take a reasonable sip instead of just wetting my lips. I've tripled my liquid intake, woo. It should go over great at work tomorrow. *g*

Today I've had:

nexium, antidepressants, asthma inhalers with a sip of Water

Very large glass (prob close to 500mL) crystal light iced tea

Isopuke choc mint shake (50g protein)

Working on 1 cup Greek Soup (chicken broth with lemon)

for supper I'm going to have a decadent half cup of green Jello :thumbup:

and more tea

Ivy

Another board has what are you eating threads almost everyday. I was thinking we could have the same thing here. I will try to keep up with mine. It might keep me clean about how good or bad I am doing with my Protein vs calories and such.

Feel free to put yours down. You don't have to put calories and Protein if you want, just what you have been eating. It might help newbies get an idea of what we eat after surgery.

Newbies feel free to post what you eat too! Even if you are post op it helps to see it up sometimes in making sure you are staying on track. You might want to note you are pre-op so people are not wondering about a large intake than a post op.

I think this is a great idea, for a newbie point of view, it will help a BUNCH !!! :thumbup:

Great thread! Okay here is my day so far:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup coffee with 1tbsp SF Hazelnut Interdational Delight Creamer

nectar Protein - Fuzzy Navel with strawberry Tangerine Crystal Light and BA Calcium Crystals

Lunch: Chik Fil-A Grilled chicken Breast and 2 slices of pickle - I ordered the sandwich and just ate the chicken and the pickles

Snack: Oberto Hickory Jerky - 100 cal pack

Dinner: 2oz chicken breast with 1/4 cup Pasta (I made the Mac Grill Creamy Basil Chicken Pasta - from a box) for the family. I measured out 1/4 cup of the pasta and 2 ounces of chicken. 1/4 of a serving of Pepperidge Farms garlic bread.

Dessert: ??? Still to come but I am STUFFED at the moment.

Great idea - I think I can remember (although today wasn't a very good day)

(4 months out)

8 oz. cup of coffee with SF hazelnut Creamer while getting ready for work

8 oz. cup of hot tea

Lunch: 1/2 chicken tamale (loaded with chicken) with grated cheese and sour cream

2 cups of ice cubes

7 pm - 1/2 baked potatoe with about 2 oz. no bean chili and chopped up chicken, grated cheese and sour cream.

I'm having a really difficult time getting in my fluids since if I drink anything cold before lunch, I spasm. I try to suck on ice cubes all day long and drink Water when I get home. I'm still struggling, and not sure what to do to get in more fluids.

(Vegas cough cough valium cough cough see your PCP cough cough)

Ok yesterday, bad day I did something really dumb at dinner and paid for it. My stomach still hurts this morning.

Breakfast: Starbucks White Choc Mocha with a splash (like 1/4 shot decaf), tall, nonfat, no whip. I like the coffee flavor but didn't want the full shot. I don't know how my tummy would feel about that acid. It was good. I didn't drink it all so 202 cals, 9 gram Protein. Not bad for Breakfast. Could do better though I know.

lunch 1: 3 pieces pureed fish sticks with breading removed and pureed. These are really small. 145 cals with breading so less than that. 1.5 oz cheddar pureed and 1 tsp tarter.

lunch 2: Hummus pack with 2 slices cheese. I need to cut back on the cheese damit.

Dinner: Here is where things went south. :) :redface1: :eek: I left work late and didn't want to make anything for my husband to eat so he asked for his fav mexican food. I was going to just open a small can of refried Beans at home or heat up a few meatballs. Instead I got a small order carne asada fries. WRONG. I ate like 4 fries and some carne asada meat (like 2 or 3 oz). I chewed it very well but did not puree it. WRONG. WRONG. I can't explain how wrong I was. I should have never done that. I had terrible stomach spasms. Passing a dinner plate through my stomach. I cried. My stomach is still sore this morning. Never again. I think they were serious about no tough meats :thumbup:

I don't know my final counts for the day because of the carne incident. Oh and feel free to critique me. I won't take offense.

Edited by DownInSocal

so far today I have had:

1/2 sm bottle of Isopure at 6 am sipped on at length

Water in between to take pill and chewable Vitamin

at 10 I had a Protein shake

at noon, I had about 4 oz of my yummy

lentil Soup.

I can get in almost 4 oz now, does that mean the stomach swelling is going down?

Yup, but I have not got much past that an I am in week 7 (I think).

2 mos post-op:

QUOTE]

You drink the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored with Water? Your are hardcore my friend. Unflavored to me did not mean flavorless.

black coffee 2 cups

B: 32 oz H2O w/Unflavored Unjury w/1pkg of EnergE Vit C, flavors it slightly, just perfectly for me.

S: 1 slice of 45 calorie wheat toast w/1 tbls pb

S: small salad w/light balasmic vinegar, 1 slice 2% low fat cheese slice

L: Jr candy sundae from Sonic (200 cals)

S: 1 oz turkey jerky

32 oz ice Water

D: 1 oz tuna w/light mayo on a low carb tortilla

32 oz plain ice water while on the treadmill

S: don't plan on anything, stuffed. BUT I have 50 calories left just in case...

850 calories

70 gms protein

96 oz water

Edited by Steph_123

2 mos post-op:

QUOTE]

You drink the unjury unflavored with Water? Your are hardcore my friend. Unflavored to me did not mean flavorless.

I read so many horrible reviews about Unjury unflavored, but I bought it last week, just in case. Seemed like the only unflavored quality Protein out there.

I couldn't believe how easily it mixed w/water. It smelled good to me, and mixed with 32 oz of water and just an EnergG Vit C pkg, it is perfect. Not too sweet, and barely noticible.

That goes to show you, we are all so different.

I wish I would have started with Unjury from the get go.

It's a superior Protein, no added, extra calories.

I like to save any extra calories for those so called *bad* foods. Unjury is #1 on my list.

Edited by Steph_123

B 8oz glass of skim milk anti-depressent weekly Vitamin d Calcium and mult Vitamin oh yeah antibiotic for my dog bite.

20oz Powerade zero

L 1/2 thomas select toasted 1 tsp mayo 1 thin slice ham 1 thin slice turkey

16 oz hot tea

16oz Water

D 3oz lean pork chop cut small with gravy only ate 2/3s tried some string Beans maybe three i was full.

1.5 mile walk with my daughter

12 hot tea

1/2 thomas select toasted 1 tsp smart balance

1 cup skim milk anti-depressent weekly Calcium and mult vitamin antibiotic for my dog bite.

512c 51gp