Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What with the kids in school and being a single Mom, I have to wait to be sleeved. Oh, well, gives me time to build up my leave days!

I am scheduled for 28 December with Dr. Aceves. So far (as of this writing) I'm told there is only one other person scheduled that day. I'm hoping a gang of us will be down there, tho!! If there are no complications, we'll be released a day early, so as not to have to attempt the border crossing and travel on New Year's Eve.

Looking forward to making some new friends - anyone wanna join me??

Sheri

Hello,

I am scheduled for 12/29/09 with Dr. Almanza. It will be here before we know it. I am practicing chew, chew, chewing. Hopefully I will remember how to chew after so many weeks of being on liquids and mushies. Speaking of mushies, that is the one thing I am dreading. I like mushie food that is supposed to be mushie, like mashed potatoes, oatmeal, cream of wheat, yogurt; but I can't see eating pureed food. Does that make sense? I am also catching myself looking at the Protein info on the nutrition labels. In the past I was mostly interested carbs, fat, calories, etc. Also have stopped buying clothes. I need a couple of pair of pants, but I refuse to buy pants that I won't be able to wear in less than 4 months. Just have to take care of the three that I have and send them to the cleaners a lot. LOL.

Great idea for the December sleevers thread. It really makes it feel like it so close.

Bill

Try goodwill...cheap and great clothes if you are willing to look. also you can turn in your stuff that no longer fits and claim it on your income tax!

I am scheduled for 12/18/09 with Dr. Aceves for revision from band to sleeve. Believe me, I am almost counting the seconds until I get rid of this band. :scared0:

millie,

You will be in the very best of hands! I shall pray that the time flies by!!!

millie,

You will be in the very best of hands! I shall pray that the time flies by!!!

Thanks Cajun. I live close enough that I have been seeing Dr. Campos/Aceves for the issues with my band. Because of them, I have managed to make it this far. The original surgeons in Phoenix were the typical "American" doctors-wouldn't listen to what their patient's have to say. Believe me, patient's know their own body and when they say there is something wrong, there is something wrong.

Anyway, I digress. I love Dr. Campos/Aceves. They are kind, gentle, and truely caring physicians. THEY LISTEN!!!! Every time I have went there, my friends who are surgical nurses, scrub techs, etc have went. They have all been so impressed with the Docs and the Hospital. Dr. Aceves/Campos have even offered to let us come down and observe a surgery if we can ever get the time off work to do so. That would be so awesome.

I desperately need a new pair of blue jeans to see me thru... but HATE to buy anything new at this point. I've never been able to shop for clothes at a thrift shop, tho - the smell makes me gag. Maybe a consignment shop, tho... or just bite the bullet and do it - I can amortize the cost over four months, right?! I wish I could go NOW. In my head, I'm so committed - find myself thinking: this time next year.... and it's such a joyful thing, to know I'm so close to putting the self-confidence issues, the blubber, the discomfort behind me for good!!

How are y'all doing??!

Sheri

I desperately need a new pair of blue jeans to see me thru... but HATE to buy anything new at this point. I've never been able to shop for clothes at a thrift shop, tho - the smell makes me gag. Maybe a consignment shop, tho... or just bite the bullet and do it - I can amortize the cost over four months, right?! I wish I could go NOW. In my head, I'm so committed - find myself thinking: this time next year.... and it's such a joyful thing, to know I'm so close to putting the self-confidence issues, the blubber, the discomfort behind me for good!!

How are y'all doing??!

Sheri

Get a cheap pair of jeans at Wally World!

Hello,

I am scheduled for 12/29/09 with Dr. Almanza. It will be here before we know it. I am practicing chew, chew, chewing. Hopefully I will remember how to chew after so many weeks of being on liquids and mushies. Speaking of mushies, that is the one thing I am dreading. I like mushie food that is supposed to be mushie, like mashed potatoes, oatmeal, cream of wheat, yogurt; but I can't see eating pureed food. Does that make sense? I am also catching myself looking at the Protein info on the nutrition labels. In the past I was mostly interested carbs, fat, calories, etc. Also have stopped buying clothes. I need a couple of pair of pants, but I refuse to buy pants that I won't be able to wear in less than 4 months. Just have to take care of the three that I have and send them to the cleaners a lot. LOL.

Great idea for the December sleevers thread. It really makes it feel like it so close.

Bill

I am on the mushie stage less than 2 weeks post op - put myself on it, as it seemed to agree with me. Bill, just know that you don't HAVE to blend all your food, simply mash it somewhat so that the pieces are smaller than what would fit in a straw. I make homemade Soups and find that I can chew the soft chicken and veggies in it without pre mashing them. you can eat eggs cut up small, soft meats same way, not most beef and pork yet tho, ground beef in a meatloaf you could, Baby bel cheese is enjoyable nibbled on, Peanut Butter on a spoon makes a great lolipop!

Dr Betancourt gives you lots of ideas for after your surgery.

Liquids only are for such a small time, if your new tummy can handle more, go for it I say. They also refer us to the Cornell Weight Loss Center's post op diet for sleeve patients and they are on mushies their last day in the hospital and are sent home with a soft diet to be followed for just three weeks, so if you look that up online you can see what else you can have fairly early on.

All the best,

Donna:001_cool:

My doc will not let you have mushies until week 3, if you are tolerating a full liquid diet well. By week three, I really missed the taste of food. But, the first 2 wks, food did not appeal to me at all. My stomach was so swollen and the part that makes ghrelin is gone. At week 3, I started w/scrambled egg w/cheese, 1 oz, and barely got in a few bites. Then I pureed tuna and light mayo, lunch meat, deviled ham..it *tasted* good to me. Be very careful with your diet. There are people who have had to go back for only *tasting* broccoli the first week. It compromised the staple line and she had to have open surgery to repair it and it caused infection throughout her body. She was in the hospital for a month, IV antibiotics, etc. My doc has zero leaks because of their policy..

I blew it on mushies one day, because I thought I could eat 4 oz of Tofu..I am lucky I didn't hurt myself. I had to lay down for 2 hrs, I had rapid heart beat, sweating, and pain. Thank God, I just stretched my stomach to the max and didn't rupture it. I got the slimies after trying beef for the first time at week 5. I only had 1 oz, and it was tiny bites..but beef is harder to digest. Thank goodness I was at home..and spit it up in private. When in doubt, puree, puree, puree.

Edited by Steph_123

Not me... I'm actually trying to adjust my eating patterns slowly to post-VSG patterns: no liquids at mealtime, cutting back on diet coke, eat Protein first, then veggies, then salad, then fruit - saving starch for last.

I'm enjoying wine, tho.

And - tonight I brought the treadmill up from the basement and switched it on for the first time in 8 years (it was in storage for 3 of those 8 years). It works!!

I've converted my dining room to an office/library - and the treadmill is in the corner. Need to get some silicon spray and give it some TLC, tho!

Oh, and I ordered a sampler package of Protein powders today. I need to build a database for those...

Sheri

Yep...I'm doing it now....I don't know why....It's like....my brain is saying..."eat while you still can"...I feel like a total pig. But the girls here have assured me that it is a normal reaction....and when you have surgery, things change.