Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its warming up this week and all my shorts are too big so I went to buy some new shorts and I bought a size 36 pair of shorts! I really can't remember the last time I fit into a size 36. And its only been 3 months!

One of the few things I've done for myself consistently since leaving my soul-sucking marriage in 2006 is to have my nails done.

Yesterday, I went to my regular place, sat in the regular chair at the manicure table (with arms), and I had a ton of room on each side. WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!

Then I sat in the massaging pedicure chair. Ton of room on each side. All the girls that work there are about 98 pounds soaking wet, if that. They were all oohing and ahhing over my new look.

It was awesome!

All of your NSV's are so encouraging! Thank you for sharing! My surgery is February 23rd and i am nervous and excited! Reading all these positive outcomes ya'll are having is awesome and inspiring!

All of your NSV's are so encouraging! Thank you for sharing! My surgery is February 23rd and i am nervous and excited! Reading all these positive outcomes ya'll are having is awesome and inspiring!

I have a hard time believing it's real. Before surgery, I thought I would fail at this. I really did. I would read through all the NSV threads and never thought I'd be posting here!

One of the few things I've done for myself consistently since leaving my soul-sucking marriage in 2006 is to have my nails done.

Me too. Love my no-chip manis.

I have a hard time believing it's real. Before surgery, I thought I would fail at this. I really did. I would read through all the NSV threads and never thought I'd be posting here!
I completely agree with you! I kept my surgery a secret for exactly this reason. But I'm proud of what I have done for myself and my life.

Edited by Tanika81

Good evening all. I am 6 weeks post-op and very pleased with my progress.

I am 5'6"

Starting Weight :217

Surgery day Weight: 210

Current weight: 188

But really my progress can be best summed up by the attached picture.

post-267458-0-44676700-1454896143_thumb.jpg

Last year I want furniture for my deck. Everything rated for over 300lbs was to expensive for apartment dwelling and bulky. I went looking yesterday and i can sit in anything with arms, could not do that year, no arms. I can buy any set i want now.

This may seem like a small thing, but I just bought a full length mirror! I didn't realize how much I avoided them in the past. Now I am buying new clothes but had no idea how I looked finally dressed each morning so a full length mirror was needed. Now I just have to get used to seeing myself in it. :blink: Sometimes I think "wow, so thin!" other times "wow, I am still so fat". It's kinda weird actually. I didn't think I would have body dis-morphia but maybe I do after all...

Crossing my legs! I went to the theatre last Friday and after 15 min I realized that I had been sitting with my legs crossed. I haven't been able to cross my legs in over 10 years!

Edited by hyggelieg

Routine followup appointment today with my primary doctor. She is relatively new to me, as she replaced my primary who went to the dark side (Kaiser).

My blood pressure was 118/84. My A1C was 5.3, officially below the cutoff for diabetes (5.7), and my diabetes is now considered resolved.

BOOOOOOOOOYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Just went in for my 3 year follow up, post sleeve..,

Surgeon called me a "poster child" for gastric sleeve.

Susan HW 287

CW 150.4

BMI 20

Just went in for my 3 year follow up, post sleeve..,

Surgeon called me a "poster child" for gastric sleeve.

Susan HW 287

CW 150.4

BMI 20

That is awesome!!! :) nice job!!

NSV shout outs

elevator doors opened with a crowd of people

one person said something like

"come in there's plenty of room for you to fit" :rolleyes:

kathy

First NSV, the bath towel ends meet! I wrapped my towel around me this week and noticed that for the first time in recent memory, the bath towel wrapped all the way around and met from top to bottom! Of course if I moved, it became indecent, but since I live alone no one was around to worry about! B)

Second NSV, I had to go buy new pants for work for the first time since surgery. I have gone from a 24 pants to now an 18W. I managed to find two pair of serviceable black dress pants WITH POCKETS and no elastic at the consignment store and with my store credit, I paid $7.50 for 2 pair! These should last for at least a month I am guessing before I have to find something smaller again! I have lots of other size 18-20 clothes that fit, but there were no black dress pants in the box in storage. No more mooning anyone when I get out of my desk chair! :rolleyes:

pam

PS I lost about 5 lbs the end of last week and over the weekend, but haven't lost since Monday so I must be "right sizing" this week!

Edited by mngreeneyes