Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Out of the twos!

Linda, congratulations on onederland! I am so close, I can practically taste it! Can't wait to join you!

Thanks Dee Dee and Susan! It's been almost 5 years since I have seen Onederland. However, this time is different. I have no doubt, it won't be a quick visit like years passed. I have relocated to Onederland and plan to spend on long, happy life here. I do plan to downsize to smaller accommodations over the next several months.

congrats! I think we get the "stalls" so we can truly enjoy the onederland experience.

I say we, and I am not there yet! wishful thinker here. hahah

I will get there by Christmas.

I really enjoyed reading this thread. I am so happy to see everyone's accomplishments.

Congratulations on making it out of the twos. I have not been out of the twos for 20+ years, but I am really close now. My daughter got me a Healthometer scale that lets me know my weight, fat %, water% and bone%. I am keeping tract of my weigh-ins in a journal. Those scales always weigh me about 3 pounds more than my regular scales. My weight on 2/05/10 was 201.4, but on the regular scales I weighed 197. I am so anxious for the Healthometer Scale to weight me out of the twos and into Onederland. Maybe in a few days I will be able to say, "I made it to Onederland". But for now I have to wait. I want to get some pictures of me taken on New Year's Eve put in an album and some new ones taken soon since I am now over 2 month out. Thanks for posting, you are all great inspirations for me to keep going.

DeeDee, congrats on saying farewell to the 2's. Looking great. LOL,, I feel good to be in the 2's.. hope to join you in a few months.

I think Deedee is one pound away from goal at 149 now. Interesting to find this thread just a few months ago. Testament of how this can work.

Mountain Lover, I completely understand that you have to wait to weigh a certain weight on the most difficult scale before you can "count" it for real. I'm the same way.

Loser, thank you so much...soon you'll be able to say goodbye to them forever too. I can't believe that I'm almost to goal. I never plan on getting back to the 2's, and with this tool I know it is possible.

Coopersmama, we both know this will work! I spent some time on OH today looking through the before/after pictures and love seeing all the successful people working their tools!

Linda, congratulations on onederland! I am so close, I can practically taste it! Can't wait to join you!

HI SUSAN! I was wondering what had happened to you . . . glad to see you back! Congratulations to you DeeDee. . . you've worked hard and deserve all the happiness coming to you. . . keep up the good work!

Edited by thinoneday

Out the the 2's. I have been in the 2's for 30 years except once. I cannot believe how much weight you are all losing so fast. Surgery scheduled for April and wanted to hide it from my family who I don't see very often but not sure if I can with the fast tremendous weightloss. Mother issues, don't want her to know. See her 3 times a year.

Carol, I don't blame you for not wanting to tell your family. . .i didn't tell mine either because they are so yappy and very negative. . . but just last week, (5 weeks out) i told my mom because she is coming to visit me in October and by then i probably will have lost tons of weight and she would comment. . . but anyhow i told her and right away she has a coffin picked out for me and i'm buried already . . . so negative, thinks i'm going to die within a few weeks. . . i told her that i would have died if i would have remained fat and in such bad health. . . that she doesn't hear, she hears what she wants. . oh well whatever i guess. . . good luck with your mom! Family can be so complicated . . .

I am 4 months out and STILL have not told the negative side of my family. Have not been able to tell some of the positive ones, because they talk to the negative ones. I started a pre op diet of the Protein and a salad with chicken or fish. Every one knew that. (about the diet, not why) I also, got my knees treated. They all knew that. So, that allowed me to use/join a gym. So, for all the negative ones out there they just think I am doing the protein and exercize to loose weight. Of course they do not know how much I have lost exactly. Just what they "hear" from some who have seen me. I do not see the negative ones much. (TYGod)

I highly reccomend not "telling" the negative ones. Wait until you are really strong.

I am already getting comments from the negative ones, such as, "don't loose too much weight" and the ever helpful " I hope you can keep the weight off now". Also, comments about my health. For Pete's sake, I am in the best health of the last 10 years or longer! Does not a bit of good to tell them that. Dr.s reports be dammed. Negative is always negative. When they are your family you cannot get away from them. Do not let them drag you down.

Keep your chins up and move forward positively. LOL soon to be one chin!

Hang in there.