Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wonderful site for Gastric Sleeve

Guest LngRedRose@LBT

Guest LngRedRose@LBT

Lap Band Talk is excellent for Lap Bands. Can't find a better site. But for Gastric Sleeve, I have to say that OH has it going on. I had GS done on July 2nd... and I have lost 33 lbs. (in just 2 1/2 weeks). I learned so much from the people that were sleeved before me on that site. Hope this helps someone...:confused:

Originally posted at www.lapbandtalk.com

Guest shardenly@LBT

I will have to check out the website. My husband is having a sleeve gastrectomy tomorrow.

Thanks!

Guest LngRedRose@LBT

Great... let me know how he does... :-) Good Luck!

Guest JaJeanne@LBT

Hey LRRose,

Congrats on your awesome weight loss... I'm having a hard time getting my liquid Protein in, any suggestions? I noticed this last weekend I didn't get it all in and didn't lose as much weight. I'm down 18 lbs in almost 3 weeks, how in the world did you lose 33 in 2.5? That is amazing!!! Any pointers? thanks, Jeanne

Guest MacMadame@LBT

Unfortunately the OH software sucks. I've learned to work around it but if another site popped up for sleevesters that had better software and decent traffic, I'd be all over it!

Guest LauraD@LBT

As more people become active in this forum, it will become more informative. I also really get a lot of info at OH, but agree with MacMadame about the software issues. I am also worn out on the Mexico doc wars.

Guest LavenderRose@LBT

I also do not like OH's software either. My computer freezes every time I go to it and hit on someones post. I have no problems with any other site. I think their whole system could be updated and formatted more like these others like lapbandtalk. It would make it a heck of a lot easier!

I also see a lot of disputes on OH when I can get further then just opening the posts. Why are people so defensive there?

I rather stick to other boards for now. Especailly since my computer doesn't like that site and gives me problems.

Guest rbueter@LBT

I had the Gastric Sleeve surgery 6 weeks ago and have lost 35 lbs. I'm off the liquid diet and have been eating solids for a while now. I'm very surprised that can eat as much as I can--I don't mean I'm eating scads of food, but

definitely more than what I thought, i.e. 1/2-3/4 of a sandwich, sometimes more than a bowl of cold Cereal, etc. I am terrified that my

stomach is stretching and that I'll stop losing or worse still gain weight! Also, with all the liquids we're supposed to drink, I find that nothing tastes like it did before surgery. I'd like nothing more than a Diet Coke, but of course that's forbidden. Diet lemonade, low calorie juices, Crystal Lite, even unsweetened iced tea doesn't taste the same. I just can't drink that much plain water! What is everyone else doing?:confused:

Guest jlweb55@LBT

Hi I got the sleeve on 8/14/08 and like you I am very worried about the amount of food I can eat. I lost 29 lbs post op 7 and after 21. I started eating soft food at 2 weeks and now I am at 3 weeks I am eating everything I want. I have gained two lbs back and I am hungry. Most people I talked to said they had no hunger, but i do if its been a while since I ate last , Like this morning I went to the DR and I had a Atkins shake at 8am but did not get to eat again until 1pm and i was very hungry. You can email me at judylwebster@aol.com if you would like and we can compare stories. Thanks

Guest MacMadame@LBT

I am terrified that my

stomach is stretching and that I'll stop losing or worse still gain weight!

It's really, really hard to stretch the sleeve though. You'd have to significantly over-eat -- like at every meal-- to do it. Even then, it's going to be limited.

Now, this assumes you had yours done with a smaller boughie such as a 32 f. Originally VSG sleeves were made the same size as DS sleeves and those sleeves did stretch more because they were bigger and included more of the stretchy part. But 32 f or 34 f are pretty much the gold standard now.

Now gaining weight back, that's another story all together... you can do that with any surgery.

Are you tracking your calories? I think that helps a lot. There is a Sleeve group on the Daily Plate. (link in my signature.) Come join us!

Guest rbueter@LBT

I just tried to join The Daily Plate and got the reply that its not accepting new

members!?! What's that all about?

So, is anyone noticing that as time goes on they can eat a little bit more at a

sitting?

My big problem is drinking. I just can't drink that much water--any good alternatives?

Guest MacMadame@LBT

That's weird. You might want to try at LiveStrong.com. I'm pretty sure that version is accepting new members and it's the same database.

Guest jlweb55@LBT

Hi, I weighed today 4 weeks post op today and I have gained 5 lbs in the last two weeks. I am worried. thanks

Guest rbueter@LBT

I'm 6 weeks post-op and have lost about 37 lbs. I have heard that gaining a little weight does happen sometime~everyone's different. I didn't

lost any weight the week before my period (always the case for me regardless of the diet), but lost 5 right after. My concern is that I seem to be able to eat more than others and also I have trouble drinking all the liquids.< /p>