Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My mother had a full body lift after her weight loss and she looks stunning. It took off about 30lbs of skin. All my friends with breast implants really speak highly about them. In Dallas (I've been told) the going rate is about 3K. But that's not reconstructive that's just implant's I've been told that with weightloss it's a bit more complicated.

For any Canadians out there, many doctors here recommend Cuba for PS. servimed.com is the link. Said to be great work, and really not expensive!

There is alot of talk on a local forum about Boliva too. Little further to go, but again, the work is said to be excellent and at a great price.

I am a month away from being sleeved, but I am already preparing for the next step!!

Seems like such an easy decision for so many of you - you're not concerned about the wounds/scars?? The breast lift and TT in particular seem to have awful scars from pics I've seen online - those of you who had these things done years ago, how well do the scars heal? I'd rather have droopy boobs than frankenstein ones I think..!

Seems like such an easy decision for so many of you - you're not concerned about the wounds/scars?? The breast lift and TT in particular seem to have awful scars from pics I've seen online - those of you who had these things done years ago, how well do the scars heal? I'd rather have droopy boobs than frankenstein ones I think..!

The couple of plastic surgeons that I've researched are doing lifts and augmentation through the armpit which results in minimal scaring. I have a horrid scar from my c-section 12 years ago. Literally, they had to cut me from side to side, over 80 staples were used to close the incision, so I'm not worried about the TT scar.

I had a breast reduction/lift about 6 yrs ago, the scars are minimal. I will definetely have a TT and small breast implants mainly to lift them up as they got saggy again after having my 3rd baby after breast reduction (my doctor had told me not to have anymore babies after bood reduction, but I did and I even breastfed for a few months) I'm only 3 months out and am more than halfway to goal, but noticed that my bodyshape has changed a lot since the last time I was this same weight, so I'm not too sure if I want to lose as much as I had planned in the first place, I fear I'm going to be too skinny(Inever thought i would be saying this, too skinny!!!???) As I am originally from S America and all my extended family live over thereI will be going next year to get all my plastic surgery done, they have great plastic surgeons and not as expensive as here in england, so I am looking forward to that!!

I don't think I'm getting anything. My boobs are a bit saggy, but they still look good in a bra and are still quite formidable at DD - even though I'm getting quite close to my goal weight. Not a fan of the scars from the lift and the only way I'd ever get implants would be if I had a mastectomy or something drastic along those lines - really not a fan of the bolt-ons and the fact that you are bound to get them redone several times over the course of your life is a huge deterrent for me. But if I had been a lot bigger at the time of surgery and ended up with a pannus or something, I'd definitely take care of that. But it's almost more of a medical than a cosmetic issue at that point, I guess.

I think that scarring is really individual. Some people especially people of african descent tend to keloid scar where it is raised and can be quite noticeable. I think most of us have had some sort of injury or surgery where we can get a good idea of how we scar and that normally will dictate what you can expect during plastic surgery procedures along with a good doctor who knows where to place incisions for an optimum result. I had a full TT 3 years ago and my scar started off really red looking sort of like the same as my VSG scars only it was hip to hip and now three years later it is really thin and white and I am very pale on my tummy so it is not like it stands out, plus they tightened all the muscles like an internal corset. Now if I was someone who hung out normally in a tiny bikini, it might be more troublesome but I take that thin scar over the flabby stretch marked floppy skin that I had before. Plus a lot of women have c section scars so they probably wouldn't mind having that one revised along with skin removal and muscle tightening. I however would stress not to have one if you plan on having more children as the muscles will end up stretched out again and if you had to have a csection they would cut right through those muscles and there goes the TT.

I think that scarring is really individual. Some people especially people of african descent tend to keloid scar where it is raised and can be quite noticeable. I think most of us have had some sort of injury or surgery where we can get a good idea of how we scar and that normally will dictate what you can expect during plastic surgery procedures along with a good doctor who knows where to place incisions for an optimum result. I had a full TT 3 years ago and my scar started off really red looking sort of like the same as my VSG scars only it was hip to hip and now three years later it is really thin and white and I am very pale on my tummy so it is not like it stands out, plus they tightened all the muscles like an internal corset. Now if I was someone who hung out normally in a tiny bikini, it might be more troublesome but I take that thin scar over the flabby stretch marked floppy skin that I had before. Plus a lot of women have c section scars so they probably wouldn't mind having that one revised along with skin removal and muscle tightening. I however would stress not to have one if you plan on having more children as the muscles will end up stretched out again and if you had to have a csection they would cut right through those muscles and there goes the TT.

I totally agree w you, I've had 3 c-sections and don't mind extending my hardly visible scar, I'd rather have a slight scar than skin that is hanging over my c-section scars! I'm not having any more kids, tubes tied, so I'm going for a TT definetely next year, can't wait!!

Did anyone catch The Doctors yesterday? The new TICKLE Lipo? Holy cow I think I might have to try some of that. It is done under local anesthesia which god knows I will try to stick to in the future lol. Here is a link to a Youtube video of it being performed. I think if I had it done I might see about having the fat transferred into my breasts for fullness. It could be a win win situation!

infrasonic liposuction or TICKLE LIPO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mu24bTsdps

Is there lots of pain with TT's? I heard that is worse than a C section? Compared to the VSG? Mary

I totally agree w you, I've had 3 c-sections and don't mind extending my hardly visible scar, I'd rather have a slight scar than skin that is hanging over my c-section scars! I'm not having any more kids, tubes tied, so I'm going for a TT definetely next year, can't wait!!

Is there lots of pain with TT's? I heard that is worse than a C section? Compared to the VSG? Mary

The TT can be quite painful because they peel back the skin all the way up your abodmen and then stitch the muscles all the way down the abdomen tightly. It swells quite a bit and the bruising is internal also, plus the incision hip to hip is bothersome and they pull the skin very taut. It takes quite a while before you can sleep on your side or stomach (a lot longer then the VSG). I handled it fine but I can honestly say I have a pretty good pain tolerance, I wouldn't even catagorize the VSG as painful (at least for me). I had vaginal births with my two children so I can't say how a TT would compare to C section pain. They give you good pain meds after a TT so that could be why I didn't feel it was that painful lol. I will never take percocet again...can you say HALLUCINATIONS! LOL. The doc switched me to some vicodin and I took those for about 14 days post op and in between I would alternate with ibuprofen in between doses the first 7 days. It takes a while before you can lift heavy objects and my incision line still feels funny when i touch it (sorta numb). My belly button was the weirdest thing though and even now when I take a qtip to clean it...it feels so crazy and half numb. I cringe every time i do it lol.

Also if you do any sort of abdominal Lipo along with the TT that will add to the bruising, swelling and overall pain i would guess.

:)

I think i am asking for the total body lift and we'll see what they say. Just start at my knees and work your way up to my head. haha

There is a doctor here in Houston that was recommended, Dr. Lomanoco. I'm considering him as he sort of specializes in surgery following WLS. I don't think I'll do arms bc of scarring. They are not horrible. I heard he charges 6500 for arms. I don't know about the rest yet.

All this time I wasn't sure about PS. But now that I've lost the weight I'm like wow, I deserve it. Why not go all the way?

The TT can be quite painful because they peel back the skin all the way up your abodmen and then stitch the muscles all the way down the abdomen tightly. It swells quite a bit and the bruising is internal also, plus the incision hip to hip is bothersome and they pull the skin very taut. It takes quite a while before you can sleep on your side or stomach (a lot longer then the VSG). I handled it fine but I can honestly say I have a pretty good pain tolerance, I wouldn't even catagorize the VSG as painful (at least for me). I had vaginal births with my two children so I can't say how a TT would compare to C section pain. They give you good pain meds after a TT so that could be why I didn't feel it was that painful lol. I will never take percocet again...can you say HALLUCINATIONS! LOL. The doc switched me to some vicodin and I took those for about 14 days post op and in between I would alternate with ibuprofen in between doses the first 7 days. It takes a while before you can lift heavy objects and my incision line still feels funny when i touch it (sorta numb). My belly button was the weirdest thing though and even now when I take a qtip to clean it...it feels so crazy and half numb. I cringe every time i do it lol.

Also if you do any sort of abdominal Lipo along with the TT that will add to the bruising, swelling and overall pain i would guess.

:)

You had a Tummy Tuck? When?? I am planning to have a TT with liposuction and small boobs implant (had a boob reduction years ago because of the gland proliferating so it was indication of my gynaecologist)

Chilo, yes I had a TT in August 2007 though I was about 180 pounds at time of surgery. I did not do any Lipo because I had planned on losing some weight and thought I would do it along with possibly having my breasts done. Well until now I never lost a significant amount of weight so I didn't go through with the next step. I will probably do a little tummy lipo if I have my breasts done this spring. The TT is another surgery I don't regret having...it looks even better now that I am smaller. YAY.

Chilo, yes I had a TT in August 2007 though I was about 180 pounds at time of surgery. I did not do any Lipo because I had planned on losing some weight and thought I would do it along with possibly having my breasts done. Well until now I never lost a significant amount of weight so I didn't go through with the next step. I will probably do a little tummy lipo if I have my breasts done this spring. The TT is another surgery I don't regret having...it looks even better now that I am smaller. YAY.

I can't wait to get mine done, (and my boobs) but I have to wait a year, I'm hoping that will keep me on track, my prize to myself for getting to goal, hopefully :P