Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Carolyn-

Thanks for the words of encouragement!! The belly is an issue.......... and I don't think the skin will "catch up".......

Like I said... we all have our 'demons"..... and the sleevless blouses and dresses don't bother me near as much as my stomach!!

I wore sleeveles blouses this summer!!! hehehe.... and was HEAVIER!! BUT........... still hav the bat wings. but am ok with that......... funny how we all look at ourselves.

We're all beautiful.......... we all have hearts and souls..... and those that have never been in our shoes will never know how wonderful everyone really is!!

OK... got a bit mushy........ but I really love the fact of how everyone changes their perspective on life after being overweight........ and getting a second chance.

Yup me too Chancie, the stomach is definately going to have to go, having been stretched out with 2 pregnancies and then alot of weight, then lose weight and gain weight, the poor skin on my stomach is really stretched out. . . so once i've lost all the weight and maintained for about 6 - 8 months without gaining, I'll look into getting that loose skin removed. . .

I already know that I want my arms done

It all depends on $

While I was at the recovery house (I had surgery in TJ) there was a lady there that had had TT, Boobs, Leg Lift, and Butt Lift she said it all ran her 10K

Hmmmm..... Yeah I think I live with a lot for 10K.

I would like my arms done though.

Hello,

I read on another website, another girl had plastics with a doctor Lara in Tijuana. I think he works with Dr. Almanza. Anyway, I'm going to get sleeved next month and I'm already looking for cost and different surgeries. I will be looking to have plastics probably in Mexico or some other country. Colombia has some really good plastic surgeons and very inexpensive compared to the US.

My first probably will be batwings removal... then boobs/lower lift. I think my legs are going to be cottage cheesey looking. Has anybody had batwings removal? Where? and how much?

I most likely will have a TT. My question is, and keep in mind I haven't had WLS yet, I already have problems with my breasts. I get rashes and get bumps similar to pimples that really hurt. So if that continues I might have to get a breast lift.

At one of the support meetings I went to, they had a plastic surgeon who specializes in PS for weight loss patients. She was really informative and had some great before and after slides. It really made you stop and think about conturing your body after you've lost the weight.

Of course like some others I will be waiting until after children as well as it was recommended by the plastic surgeon and my primary care physician.

I had read a year or two ago about "gummies" I really wanted them then, but at the time had no clue I could go to MX to get them...It is soooooo on, in a years time...I'll have GUMMIE BOOBS!!..Dun dun DUN!

I know for a fact that the TT is going to be the first thing I am going to want to have done - heck, I've been wanting that done for several years; however, was going to wait until I lost my weight ... well here I am several years later and guess what? No TT and not enough lost weight. I will probably need the boob job too as I've wanted a perk job and once I lose the weight, since my boobs always seem to be where I lose first, I will probably need not only a perk job but implants as well. I'm going to see if the PS that I hope to use in LV will be able to write it in such a way that insurance will help cover the cost -- they won't cover any WLS and I don't know if they will consider this due to WLS and deny it as well. If so, I will check out the doctor in Mexicali.

There was a gal that left Mexicali with us yesterday morning who had had a TT and boob lift/implants several months ago and she said her implants were something called Gummy implants -- not yet available in the US ... she said they feel very real and they certainly looked real ... I'm sure a Bob would have been willing to test them himself if he hadn't been sitting in the back of the van...LOL

I won't need to do anything to my arms except weight resistance, I am lucky in that my arms have never really carried much fat ... it's mostly all in my tummy and my inner thighs ... built in pillows is what I call them... LOL

(If this is a duplicate post, I apologize -- I thought I had posted something along these lines on this thread; however, nothing shows up ... I'm so ditzy today I probably forgot to hit the right button):thumbup:

I'm pre-sleeve but had a major breast reduction and extensive Lipo about three years ago. Then I gained 50 lbs in a year, and because they sucked out my belly fat, my arms inflated and I have horrific stretch marks.< /p>

I will have major bat wings when this is over. I actually had my former plastics in Costa Rica with a surgeon who is really famous for WLS "makeovers". It was a wonderful experience and I will certainly be going back there should I ever be able to afford the post-op plastics. Costa Rica is a world center for plastic surgery and the price is right!

I asked one of the Mexican docs I'm researching about lipo under my chin during my sleeve surgery and he quoted me an extra $1000 even though I'll already be under anesthesia and in an operating room--in CR that procedure was $600 all-inclusive.

If you're interested in plastics in Costa Rica or basically anywhere else, plasticsurgeryjourneys.com is a FANTASTIC research tool. I can't recommend them highly enough.

In order for an insurance company to pay for plastic surgery it has to meet certain medical necessity criteria. If there are associated health issues, rashes refractory to treatment and the pannis is below the pubic area, back pain for breast reduction and a certain amount of tissue to be removed, they will pay. Just needs to be medically necessary and not cosmetic.

I'm pre-sleeve but had a major breast reduction and extensive Lipo about three years ago. Then I gained 50 lbs in a year, and because they sucked out my belly fat, my arms inflated and I have horrific stretch marks.

I will have major bat wings when this is over. I actually had my former plastics in Costa Rica with a surgeon who is really famous for WLS "makeovers". It was a wonderful experience and I will certainly be going back there should I ever be able to afford the post-op plastics. Costa Rica is a world center for plastic surgery and the price is right!

I asked one of the Mexican docs I'm researching about lipo under my chin during my sleeve surgery and he quoted me an extra $1000 even though I'll already be under anesthesia and in an operating room--in CR that procedure was $600 all-inclusive.

If you're interested in plastics in Costa Rica or basically anywhere else, plasticsurgeryjourneys.com is a FANTASTIC research tool. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Awesome info! If you didn't post the website, I was gonna ask you!

I had my first breast lift in 1999. It was about $8k. I was very happy with the results. Unfortunately, I hit a huge depression streak and gained and lost weight like crazy for a few years. In 2007, I had another breast lift with a Tummy Tuck and a little lipo, mainly in the flank area. I did follow the surgeon's suggestion to add small implants to make the shape better and to encourage the lift to hold longer. I believe the implants were 220's and I did do silicone. It seems the earlier complications with them have been resolved and the chance of slippage is much less. My second surgery was close to $15k. My cup size has always remained the same. The inches around has fluctuated with weight loss and gain, primarily in the back area. The recovery from the lift was very easy. The first two days were lousy, seeing my new girls during the first shower was horrible. I was afraid that they would never heal. It was a ghastly sight with so many fresh wounds. They also were very swollen and I felt as tho I were nursing again! lol Within a week, all was good and I was back to work. There was little post op pain after the first few days, however you will sleep on your back for some time! :biggrin0:

I have been to Costa Rica on vacation and love it! I would never have thought about surgery there, but am glad to hear your positive experience and recommendation. That is one of the few places I have traveled in the world that I would consider moving to, if I ever left the Pacific Northwest.

I have also been to Columbia, which was mentioned earlier, and that scares the hell out of me! LOL However, I was only in Cartegena; it was very touristy and the locals were very aggressive. Maybe it would be better where the hospital or clinic is located :tongue_smilie:

My stomach has remained flat since my tummy tuck, even with the weight gain. I have just gotten thicker. I am hoping I won't have to get that redone. However, if needed, I would have the skin tightened but I would not have the muscles cut again. I don't think that would be necessary and the recovery sucks! LOL

So far the breasts are not shrinking in cup size at all. Darn it! The back is getting less fatty tho. If I truly get down to the 130's or 120's, I may need a breast reduction. I really don't want to look like I have a fake rack. lol

I would love to have a butt lift. Had no idea they even existed until several months ago. I just can not imagine what the recovery would be like tho. Do you lay on your stomach for weeks??

My greatest desire at this point is to fix the turkey neck. My maternal grandmother had it and so does my mom and sister. The part directly under the jaw is shrinking tho; so will see what happens down the road. I really don't have many wrinkles - for which I am very grateful. My eyes are a little droopy tho so would add that on to any surgery I had.

I also saw the results of one of Dr. Lara's cosmetic surgeries. A lady had a mini face lift with her sleeve surgery when I was having mine. She looked absolutely amazing and had very little bruising, even three days later. I thought Dr. A had done it but found out this past week that Dr. Lara will come it while you are sedated and do it.

If you can come up with the money, I would suggest making any improvements that you can. It may not make you happier in the big scheme of things, but it will give you more confidence. I think anyone who has struggled with weight and had WLS, deserves to enjoy the full enchilada. LOL

Besides, you can't take the money with you and your children can work hard to earn their own. I will not inherit a single penny from either of my parents and will still have a decent life doing most of the items on my bucket list :wink0:

Edited by pnw218

In order for an insurance company to pay for plastic surgery it has to meet certain medical necessity criteria. If there are associated health issues, rashes refractory to treatment and the pannis is below the pubic area, back pain for breast reduction and a certain amount of tissue to be removed, they will pay. Just needs to be medically necessary and not cosmetic.

I know a couple of gals who's insurance paid for their breast surgery because of the amount of tissue removed. I think it was 500cc, but don't remember exactly. My sister has very large breasts and when she recovers from having her 2nd baby (six months ago at the age of 44 :tongue_smilie:) she will have a breast reduction. We have no doubt that her insurance will cover the surgery! LOL

I am going to have smart lip done for the arms because the incision is so little and the results are great and those high betties just hang there I can't take it. It runs about 2,000 for the smart Lipo to the arms.

I am wondering about my inner thighs. I think the skin is so stretched and with the stretch marks, it will never go back. I get rashes from rubbing, wonder if my PCP documents that, if insurance would cover to have that skin removed/lifted? I have federal employee blue cross/blue shield. Anyone know if that could possibly be covered?

I think my first procedure would be the tummy. I watched an episode of the Doctors on TV last week and they discussed a newTT procedure.

The doc who is a plastic surgeon demonstrated how that after pregnacy the abdominal muscles are pulled apart and never go back together.

They are doing a double surgery now, where they first stitch the abdominal muscles together like the laces on your shoes. The second part of it is removing excess skin, and basically is doing a normal TT.

The gal on the program that had it done had a nice flat tummy after having twins.

My ins co (BC/BS ND) will pay for the pannus, but skin reduction only--you have to pay for any muscle tightening yourself. They will also pay for breast work if it is congenital--and I have congenital assymetry that I'm not going to do anything about until after I lose the weight, so that takes care of that. I'll get a chin job if I need one (not covered) but that's all.