Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I think some of it is where we are in this program. I'm in some ways just tired of it all and want the rest of the weight to be gone. Of course, I don't want to "do" anything to make that happen.

Low/high blood pressure can play havoc on your system. Sometimes pampering yourself, resting, etc. is the best medicine. We don't always have to be operating on all cyclinders. Relax, relax.

Had Mexican for dinner tonight. Still soft. DH says its a pork chop tomorrow for dinner. I've got to get back to solids. Hope i don't have anymore PBs.

I only went to Tai Chi once this week and no curves. I've been bad, bad, bad. Feeling better now Pinkylee? ;)

Yeppers, Barbara4, I'm much better. I was encouraged that it didn't linger.

I don't have a sense of urgency to lose. I'm "presentable" and my overall health is vastly improved. I'm sure it would be best to lose these last 2 bowling balls.

I have noticed one good thing - I don't cave in to temptation like I used to. Pre-band days and depression meant eating lots of high calorie Snacks. My grazing was healthy today.

I've avoided PBing this week. The acid reflux is gone. I'm going to credit my parents' prayers on both counts.

Lawry's has a new marinade (30 minute) that we tried on chicken and it was really good. I can eat marinated chicken. So far we've used the jerk sauce, but they have about 4 flavors. There's something to be said for taking DH grocery shopping once in a while.

Barbara4 --I'm sure that you haven't been as bad as you think you have. We are always our own worst critics. HOw's the Iphone? Have you learned everything it has to offer? I hear it's a great phone. I personally haven't been to see it yet. Maybe this weekend (just to say I've seen it).

Pinky your chicken sounds really good. I haven't tried any of these marinades. I will keep them in mind the next time I cook.

I just strolled through the board topics. It seems a bit quite today. I guess most people are out enjoying their summer vacations as they should be.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Melissa Lea

Had a solid lunch and a solid dinner today. No problems!!!! Hopefully I can continue with this and start to feel full.

I am enjoying the iphone. I must say it is a really neat device. You can't play games on it or download ringtones. Work won't let me sync it with my email and calendar so that's a bummer. It is corporate america against apple. Been going on for years! I do like being able to check lapbandtalk when I can and my private email. That makes some of the boring meetings less so. :lol:

I am getting a massage tomorrow. If I was really good I would go to Curves first. We'll see what I opt to do. I need to be better next week and go to my Tai Chi classes and Curves.

Have a great weekend everyone.

I hit the sugar bowl hard yesterday. No real good reason.

Today is a new day and I've got a package of tic tacs where the sugar bowl once was. Do those things really have only l.9 calories each?

Barbara4 - Congrats on the good day. No doubt eating "hard" foods will help you lose.

I think I have the restriction I've been wanting. Loose enough to eat healthy, but still there to bite me if I eat too fast. Let's see if I can handle it. If I can't, I'll have another fill.

Well there must be something in the air. I have not seen anything over 184 on the scale in over a month and this morning it says 187. I have been eating large amounts of food...........and last night, I ate a toasted ham and cheese sandwich. I haven't had a sandwich in over a year but I had made two for my husband and he only ate one. I was about to toss it in the garbage but it looked and smelled sooooooooo good that I decided to try a bite....next thing I know I had eaten the whole thing.

Now I'm not saying that one sandwich made me gain 3 pounds. I have also been on a sweet kick. I've been to Cold Stone twice in the last week. Each trip I brought home two quarts and I have eaten every bite of all four quarts. Also went to Sam's this week and bought a huge bag of salt Water taffy. At least three different times I've sat down with the bowl of taffy and eaten at least ten to twenty pieces.

I don't think anything has changed with my band. I never eat anything until afternoon but most days I have a Protein Drink with my morning coffee. Yesterday I nearly pb'd on the "cold" drink but then by evening I was eating toasted ham and cheese.

Along with the candies and ice cream I have been eating pounds and pounds of cheese. I have craved pizza for the last year and I've finally found a subsitute. I use the toasted bagel chips with a piece of pepperoni, spoon of pizza sauce and tons of cheese. I put it under the broiler for a minute and it is like instant pizza and I can eat 6 or 8 of them in a flash.

So now that I've admitted to all this crap someone needs to tell me what the heck is going on???? I did do one positive thing this week. I joined the gym and made an appointment with a personal trainer. My husband is going away for a few days next week and I plan to use this time alone to get myself organized physically and mentally.

Sorry for all this negative stuff but I needed to vent a little. Hope you are all still out there and having a great summer.

No problem Barbara12. I've been watching what I have been eating very carefully this week. I lost a pound to discover the pound found me again this morning. I think I should just throw the damn scale in the trash. By the way --congrats on joining the gym.

It's been raining all morning here so I've not been able to go walking outside (yet). I'm going to get out and run a few errands though. That might help my mood anyways.

Pinky ...I understand about the sweets. I so wanted a big glass of chocolate milk this morning. Problem is, I had no chocolate Syrup. I settled for a cup of skim milk and then had some applesauce about an hour ago.

Melissa Lea

Hey there!

Since we are all in the mist of summer, vacations, and fun, please take a minute to check in and let us know how you are.

Hope everyone is having a great summer.

Happy Loosing!

Melissa Lea

Well this morning I couldn't drink my coffee. Little sip and got that feeling. Went for my massage and tried a little Water. Finaly I was able to eat a little egg omelette. It took me an hour a little bite at a time. I am really hungry. Maybe I'm getting restriction now in the morning. Its now 12:30 and I want to try something.

I don't think I could tolerate a fill. I do still feel I can eat too much. I have no self control. Fear is my only motivator. :o

Light rain here this morning. Barbara 12 - I have a half of a ice cream cake in the freezer from Cold Stone. Guests on the 4th brought it for dessert. I'm afraid to get the damn thing out of there. I want it really bad. ;)

Barbara's - don't know what's going on with you guys, but VARYING restriction is the most difficult part of managing the band. Most days I'm tight early a.m. and early evening. Don't know what we can do, but have patience. I'm trying to put away my plate for "Later" when I get stuck. Helps me not cave in to switching to something easy.

Activity level is what "does it" for me. If I have a project, I'm good. If I don't, I'm not.

Hello Ladies,

Thought I'd drop a line. Don't know what is going on latley, but the past two weeks, I can't even get liquids down. PB everything that goes down, and the past week I have had Acid Reflux for the first time since surgery. I am talking BAD, wake me up at night choking on it.... Any ideas? Think it may be a slipped band? I dure hope not!!!!

Regina-any more thoughts of a get together? I haven't missed it have I?

Talk to you all soon!!

MomaT - I had acid reflux for a while and it simply went away. One suggestion - drink a full glass of Water (warm if that goes down easier) before going to bed. Probably would be best if you got in to see your surgeon asap. I did and it helped me calm down after seeing the fluroscope pics. Tension can cause a lot of ills.

Maybe its the weather. Not sure what is going on but I have restriction. Why can't I have no hunger. I would like that better. I am so hungry, but can't eat. I try, but no way. This has got to be worse. :) Bad episode last night, but survived. Today I'm going real slow and haven't tried to eat yet.

I still have 11 lbs to onederland. Even with all this the weight is not coming off. I am hoping that one day I wake up and poof 11 lbs gone. Somehow I don't think that it happens that way.

Enjoy the day. Raining once more in Houston.

MommaTrammell & Barbara4 --sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your band at this time. Hopefully it will pass soon.

I went for a walk this morning. First time since pulling all the tendons in my ankle. Ankle is a little stiff. I didn't enjoy the walk very much and cut it short because there was a stray dog that kept following me around. So very cute dog. If I had a yard and were home more I would have brought the dog home. Not an option right now.

Melissa Lea

<p>Barbara4 - bummer on the hunger. One of my biggest complaints on the band. Maybe there is less hunger with the band. I wouldn't know. Preband days I rarely went hungry. Sometimes V8's help with hunger.</p> <p> </p> <p>It was a busy day with DS and family over. Cooked and cleaned in the kitchen literally all day long. Fajitas, queso and cookie sundaes, but I think I stayed under 1500 calories. No time to eat! Next time they come, it needs to be something easier. Any suggestions?</p> <p> </p> <p>I have a new contact lens and I can see so much better!</p>

Melissa - The 2 males in my house that always love me walk on 4 legs. Work on that "get a dog thing". Congrats on getting out if just for a "little walk".