Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Hi! Finally computer is up and running and no out of town trips!

Poodles - I'll be praying for your brother!

Congrats Melissa on looking fantastic.

It is time to "get back at it". The scales still seem "friendly", but I put on my size 14 jeans and was surprised at the fit. I had been considering "downsizing" to a 12. Guess not. I'm eating all the wrong things and my exercise is down to a 20 minute eliptical. Guess the walking (DVD and with DD) are what does it for me.

You guys inspire me.

I am sorry to hear about your brother Poodles. Let's hope he is on the fast track to recovery. Congrats on your bandiversary(a day early). I know you aren't where you hoped you'd be, but 28 pounds is a big improvement. Try walking around with two 14 pound bowling balls for about 10 minutes and you'll realize that! My last day of school is June 15 and I SO cannot wait! I think the stress of being at work definitely adds to my stalling. I usually lose weight during summer break, so let's hope I do this year as well.

I hope some long lost Junebees come back to post foir their bandiversaries.

Melissa-you look great! Can't wait to meet you in person in Vegas(17 days baby!)

I've been good today- a Protein Shake for Breakfast and a frozen meal for lunch. I need to get motivated for exercise! I think I can, I think I can!

I will be banded a year on Wednesday. I have lost 54 lbs so far. I am happy with my slow weight loss however. I have just started to exercise more so the weight is starting to come off again. I love being banded and am happy that I did it!

Happy early bandiversary Julie! What are you doing for exercise? I pretty much walk or ride my stationery bike at home. I know I need to kick it up a notch.

socalgal3, I work out with weight 2 days a week and try and get in some extra cardio during the week. I am losing well over 2 lbs a week now so its going much better for me. Julie

Over the past few days I have had alot of pain on the right side of my abdomen. When I checked online I seemed to have some of the symptoms of Gallstones. This morning I woke up doubled over in pain and I called my Lapband surgeon who told me to go to the ER and have an Ultrasound done. So, I went and.....

I got home at 530 from being there since 1030am! I had the ultrasound done and blood work plus urine test. I have GASTROENTERITIS- a common viral

illness. Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, diarrhea, and slight fever.

I have to start on small sips of Water as every 20-30 minutes and graduaally increase to 1-2 cups as tolerated, broth, Jell-O, dry crackers, and toast.

Stay away from dairy products until symptoms improve.

Iam to call the doctor and return to the ER if I have: Persistent vomiting, bloody stools, deyhrations, fainting, high fever, increased pain in the abdomen on the right side.

Thank God it was nothing more serious!

I have never been so scared!

My anniversary is June 13th and I am finally back on track since now Iam finally on the right Bipolar medication and I just finished my two weeks on Optifast( I was put back on it when I went for my 11 month check up ).

Iam hanging in there!

Lisa

<HR style="MARGIN-TOP: 10px">See what's free at AOL.com.

Good to hear from you Leece! I'm glad you are back on track and that your scare today wasn't more serious. Good thing it wasn't gallstones!

I rode my stationery bike for 30 minutes, took my Vitamins, got my Water in today and stayed within my calories. I'm like an alcoholic-ONE DAY AT A TIME! Anyone getting themself a bandiversary gift? Mine is VEGAS! (Combination bandiversary/birthday gift)

I am so jealous of you girls that are going to Vegas!!!! Next year, wherever you all go, I'm IN!! (How about a cruise?? We can all show off our new hot bathing suit bods!!)

Leece, So happy to hear that your meds are going good. It makes such a difference!! Hope you get to feeling better soon and happy that it wasn't gall stones.

Speaking of gallstones, do we know how Regina is doing? She said she had to have yet ANOTHER surgery? Hope she is doing ok as well...

What an exciting month this is! It sure has flown by! The day that I dreamed of for two years came and went and now it has been a whole year since. I am so happy for what my band has done for me so far! Even through all the ups and downs, I love being banded and the fact that I am down 80 some odd lbs!! Isn't it a great feeling to loose weight and know it won't be put back on in a year or two?? I LOVE it!!!!!! Yea for all of us, 20 lbs or 100 lbs... Way to go Junebies!!!!!!

Im alive and doing good. I have my next surgery June 29th. So i won't be able to be filled again til August. Thanks for asking....

My year is up June 8th on thursday.....

Happy bandaversary everyone.

Glad you are doing well Regina. Your surgery is on my bandiversary-June 29. How is your weight? Are you maintaining?

My minor victory this morning was that I needed caffeine and I drove through on of those little coffee huts. I was all set to order a full fat/sugar mocha with whipped cream and some pastry! I talked myself out of it and got a sugar free, fat-free coffee with no pastry. (I had a nectarine and a Protein Drink in my bag for breakfast anyway). Sometimes that damn head hunger demon is so big and strong! But, this morning, I WON! Have a great day everyone.

Anyone getting themself a bandiversary gift? Mine is VEGAS! (Combination bandiversary/birthday gift)

I was thinking of this and there is a place called Glamourshots at the mall. They give you a mini makeover and take glamorous photos ( a few different poses of you).

My parents gave it to me as a gift for my 21st birthday and the pictures were beautiful!

I have to scan and upload my before and after pictures. I have changed so much!

I just wish that I did not get this gastroenteritis( see my last post). It's really knocking me out!

Happy Bandianniversaary to all whose anniversaries are comming up this week!

Mine is the 13th! Me and Barb 465 share an anniversary-- she is going to Vegas-- I hope she enjoys herself for me!

Right now Iam on a budget since I just paid for my fight and hotel for my brother's Wedding which is September 15th in San Francisco. My son is the ring bearer he is going to be 5 and Iam doing a reading. We are staying in Fisherman's Wharf from September 13th until September 17th. We were able to get a very good deal on Expedia.com

Iam hanging in there and hope to get over this Gastro thing soon.

Lisa

I've heard of Glamour Shots, but I've never done it. That is a great idea though! It celebrates how far you've come and doesn't involve food! It will probably keep you motivated to see how great you look! You'll have fun in San Fran and that will be a great incentive for you to stay on track too-so you look wonderful for your brother's wedding. I'll make sure Barb has a great time in Vegas (as will all of us) for you and the others who can't join.

Here is my day of surgery picture that my hubby took of me with a polariod right before I had to go down stairs for srugery.

As you can see I let it all hand out and I blocked out the below the belt part.

I look at this picture now and I can not bleieve how huge I was!

There are more to follow...

Lisa

post-211098-13813135063606_thumb.jpg