Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

The best investment I have made is in the personal blender at Walmart. It was about 16.00 and it can travel with you. I would recommend taking some canned Soups to blend, (my fav is clam chowder), and some shake mix. Most hotels have ice to mix in with the shake.

I ate today btw all... shake for Breakfast, shake for lunch, Pasta sampler at Luigis (about 3 bites EACH of the three things on the sampler). I did have a coffee before I tried anything, and I have survived yet another "business" dinner without being discovered. Yea!!!

Thanks for the great ideas everybody. Looks like a trip to the grocery store is in order for me.

Well, one day down, twenty to go! :heh:

OOOPS...I guess I should fix that?? I didn't really know how to do the signature thing...I put that I was banded on 06/16/06.....but I wasn't...HOLY CRAP! I was banded on 06/16/05...I TOTALLY didn't even realize that I did that!!! DUH. Nope, didn't lose it in 2 months...it took about a year....it felt so slow at times, that it felt like it wasn't even taking place....The Miralax is a prescription...but I saw a commercial, that they have it over the counter now...so check it out. I used to be on Zelnorm too, that helps. But I've always been constipated, this just made it worse.....Now it seems I'm one extreme or the other. Hope this helps....I know I eat a ton of Fiber, like those fiber One bars, and all kinds of things...but my system is STUBBORN....doesn't want to budge....:))

I went in yesterday, and found out I do NOT have a leak! YA!!! He just figures he missed when he was filling the last time or something? I don't know, but I have more fill...so now I'll see if I'm more restricted..I hope I am, cuz I'm gaining at a fairly rapid rate.....Hope you all are having a good day!!

Poodles are you in the closet? I am and it is getting very hard to keep it that way. I think it is time to tell my kids about my surgery. I know my girls are going to be very upset with me for not telling them. But I know that they are not going to be happy about my band.

Hey Everyone...

I'm a June 06 bandster,like all of you....just wondering if many of you have had much by way of complications....leak, erosion, slippage....I think I may have a leak..it's the first time i've had a problem...wondered how common it is w/ people who have had it relatively the same length of time. I could go back and sift through all the pages and pages, but it's just too time consuming...so sorry if this seems redundant to any of you!

I just wanted to clarify since you were seeking help from people banded relatively the same length of time as yourself and you have a full year over all of us! Good job on your progress so far. I hope I lose 100 pounds!

bikergrammy-

I am a closet bandster too. I told one friend who has been very good about it. Never mentions it or acts any different, but I'm not sure other family and friends would react the same.

I really wanted to be able to tell you all that I weigh what my ticker says by now! I have exercised everyday this week and been very good about calories. I haven't gained though. I was at 189 this morning and I am constipated with PMS!!! When do you all weigh? I usually weigh in the morning when I wake up before I get in the shower. I weighed 190 yesterday am and I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon and was 194 on their scale. But that was shoes and all.

I know!! Sorry I didn't realize I even did that! I must be losing my marbles...I have to apologize....no good excuse from me!!!

No problem Jlynn, although I wanted the band you had that helped you lose a 100 lbs in 2 months. :)

As a group we have had very few slipped bands, 2 I think. No erosions and no removals. That is not to say that there haven't been some, but they didn't report them to the group. There may have been one that had their's removed. Does anyone remember if that was from our group or just a member of lapbandtalk?

The biggest challenge is the amount of restriction - too much, too little, and the results of each. That is PBs, acid reflux, no solid food to too much eating, too many calories, and no restriction.

Sounds like me in a nutshell...to full, too little...blah, blah...always something....where's this "sweet spot" they talk about? I don't think it exists!!

Oh yes, I am in the closet. My DH knows, two other friends know, one co-worker knows and that is it, (Besides one parent, that is on the board....Regina.). But no body is telling.

I have survived birthdays, Christmas, and work meetings since June... Yea!!! Hope it stays that way.

I figure I will tell when I start losing weight. I am not exactly the poster child for the lap band right now.

It is hard not telling anyone. We are members of GWRRA (Gold Wing Road Riders Association N2 of Humble) and we ride and eat and ride some more. Always eating. And than off the DQ for ice cream. But for me I do a lot of drinking. A few people have asked me whats going on and why am I not eating, I tell them just whatevery pops into my head at the time. I hate not telling the truth. But I do not want them watching everything that goes into my mouth. And If I have to get up and run I don`t want them to say anything about it.

It's been a rough 2 days. Yesterday I had several pb episodes. All due to stress and increased tree pollen. One lasting well over 30 minutes. Today I was quite sore from the wretching. I'm trying to be careful and staying with soft/liquids.

Socalgal, I weigh almost every morning, sans clothing. I seem to weigh less around 7:30 a.m. (if I sleep in) I notice you are at that 180 something to 190. I've been there a really long time. When I see 186 pop up you guys may literally hear me shout!

Hello Everyone!

Happy Friday! I talked with my dietician yesterday and she wants me to call on Monday and set an appt. for a fill. YEA!!! I have been trying for two months, but she thinks I still have restriction, so they wouldn't fill me. I finally convinced her I NEED A FILL!!! I have been stuck at 210 for almost 2 months. I went down to 205 for a few days but then right back up. So disgusting to stay the same! I want into onderland SO BAD, I can taste it! Just when I was starting to really see a difference in my clothes and everything, BAM, NOTHING! just STUCK!

I went to lunch today with more of my co-workers than usual. My "Big Boss" sat next to me and asked me "Do you not like your enchiladas?" I had to just kind of blow him off and tell him, "yes, but I am just full" He must have thought I was crazy since all I had eaten was 1/2 of an enchilada and some beans! He actually asked me if I had eaten too many chips, lol! I just did not want to go into the whole thing right then and there. Most of the people I work with know, but not all. I assumed that he knew, but aparantley not! My co-worker just gave me a knowing grin.

I understand what you mean, bikergrammy, about not wanting to answer to any one when you have to get up and run. My DH thinks I have bulimia due to the fact that every time we go out to eat, I have to excuse myself. They just don't understand! What is it about going out? It rarely happens at home, but something about going out to eat brings it on. Anyone else seem to have this problem?

Yes, I have figured out that a few ounces of red wine about 10 minutes before I eat, allows me to eat. coffee does the same thing... but is not as fun.

I went to the World Market today and bought some wine. I now have 4 bottles on my counter waiting to be explored. I don't usually drink wine, so I bought Shiraz, A blend kind, Merlot, and Lambrusco. Figure I will find one I like... or have fun trying.... ****hiccup***