Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Your welcome.

And I'm jealous. Remember that 189.5 I saw. Today 193 (haven't seen that one since Christmas). I think it must be Fluid because I've been eating ok, just not exercising. Also had diarrhea yesterday. I still have hormone cycles, just no TOM. My instincts told me the 180's would be elusive, but this is a bit much.

Lisa --I hope that your new meds work for you well. I have heard that it takes time to get adjusted to medication changes. Also, congrats on your weight loss. Your doing great!

Barbara465-- I hope that this fill continues to work for you as well. Congrats on the weight loss.

Pinky --don't get discouraged. I'm sure it is Fluid (not muscule atrophy). Remember, take it 1 pound at a time and the 180's will visit you again, but don't get too comfortable --they won't stay long.

Melissa Lea

Lisa --I hope that your new meds work for you well. I have heard that it takes time to get adjusted to medication changes. Also, congrats on your weight loss. Your doing great!

Barbara465-- I hope that this fill continues to work for you as well. Congrats on the weight loss.

Pinky --don't get discouraged. I'm sure it is Fluid (not muscule atrophy). Remember, take it 1 pound at a time and the 180's will visit you again, but don't get too comfortable --they won't stay long.

Melissa Lea

Thanks Melissa, about the only good side effect is the pooping and peeing I weighted myself this morning and Iam 228 so its now 62 down. This medication is also giving me great nights sleep- I take it and an hour later Iam out cold-lol

I called the doctor since he wanted me to take this medication ( Depakote 250 mg) in the morning and before bed. I told him I can not take this during the day since I stay home with my 4 year old son after he comes home from pre-k during the day. He told me just take one at night this week, then next week take two at night ( thats going to be 500mg of Depakote at night - Iam going to be out cold sooner until my body gets used to this suff!).

Iam really nervous but so far this stuff has given me a clearer mind and more energy, so I guess it working!

Hang in their PinkyLee, I had that happen briefly to me before I got my first and only fill in October. I was doing so good on my own and lost 40 pounds with no fill and then I saw some pounds creeping up on me.

I will keep you all posted on how this medication thing is going.

Love and Hugs,

Lisa

I was just wondering how many calories everyone is trying to get in each day...I have been trying to stick in between 1000-1200 but am having a hard time getting them all in thru the day and one of my surgeons rules was only 3 meals a day and no snacking...I was just wondering how everyone was able to accomplish this task...Any help would be appriciated

Avilla --

I am not counting calories. I know, this is not the answer you are looking for. I simply eat until I am comfortably satisified. Some meals (days) it's more than others. If I am hungry between meals, I have some fruit/fruit cup or some nuts. Thus far it seems to be working for me. I may not be losing as fast as some but I'm losing at a satisfactory rate for me.

Congrats with your 52 pound weight loss.

Melissa Lea

Thank you so much...I have been doing like you and just eating till full and making sure I eat the right thing..I had just been thinking in the last week about the counting calories thing thinking it might help me along (just something new to try) to see if it makes any difference...I might just go back to my regular ways

Why don't you log your eating into fitday or sparkspeople? It will help you see whether you are eating empty calories. I don't count calories either, but I check myself now and then to make sure I'm eating the right combinations of Protein, Vitamins, fruit, etc. to eat balanced. I'm not, but I try. :)

Fill seems to be working. I'm finding a full spot which I haven't had before. I still can eat, but at least I'm getting full. I'll try this on for a while.

Work up today with another cold. DH and I can't seem to get over these things and trade them back and forth. It's nothing too bad, just runny nose and cough. Will lay low this weekend and try to mend.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I am so enjoying my hot tea. You might want to try it as it is quite satisfying and is making life much easier for me.

I am jealous of your weight loss rate. I am still only at 27 lbs, but that is bouncing around a lot.

I did have a NSV this morning I thought I would share. I can bring my knees up into my chair to sit down!!! No more fat belly in the way. Well, I still have the belly, just not as much of it!

Thanks again Barbara465...I will try these, I havent thought about logging anything into those sites but it will be helpful...

Im not suprised to hear about your cold you and your family have going on...This weather is lousy...Im just a little ways from you in the Dallas area and I know that we are stocking up for the weekend weather alerts and dont plan on leaving the house after about noon today...Hope you get to feeling better

Avilla,

Glad to hear from you. Sometimes I count calories if I'm not happy with the scale. 3 small meals isn't enough for me. I usually have a morning and afternoon snack of something healthy and it's usually a fruit cup or lofat cheese, etc. Our dietary needs are all different. As long as you're losing, I wouldn't mess with success.

Good to hear from you too Pinkylee...I am just trying to get a general idea of what everyone else is doing...Everyone is doing so wonderful...I am thinking that I am also going to have to add a snack in between a meal or 2...I went into fitday like was mentioned and the count on there is alot different than when I just add them up myself during the day...I dont know what to go by, they have me confused...lol

Hi all! Well I weighted my self today to see if I had lost any weight, since with this new medication I do not feel hungry that much. Well with all the peeing and pooping I have been doing,I lost 2 pounds since Monday night since I started the Depakote for my Bipolar! Iam now 228 from 290! Iam in the 220's - yah!

This adjusting to the medication has not been easy, but so far it seems to be working well. I feel that my mind is more clearer and I have more good energy to do things.

I also bought and started reading "Dr.Gott's No Flour, No Sugar Diet." It has good guidelines for those who want to have a foodplan with no sugar and no flour. I found it to be a similar plan to the Weight Watcher Core food plan- but much more in dept!

I always follow my dieticans guidelines but she does encourage me to do research on my own to find whatever food plan works for me.

She has advise me to have three meals and two planned Snacks a day. The snacks are to consist of fruit or sugar free Jello, sugar free pudding or sugar free ice pops. I was given a booklet at my first consult of what to eat pre-op and then a booklet before surgery of what to eat post-op up to 8 weeks. Each month I get a sheet of a 7 day example plan to follow with food ideas.

I hope all are doing well, hang in there ladies!

Love and Hug,

Lisa:biggrin1:

hi everyone, happy Sunday morning.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend....

I've found something to use for supplemental Protein I wanted to share...it's called New Whey 42g Liquid Protein by IDS. It's about 4 oz and it's fruit punch. It's in a 'test tube' per serving, so that's a little off-putting. But I mix it with a can of sprite zero and it's like drinking cherry 7 up! Just wanted to share.

Aimee, how many grams of Protein per serving?

Special K has a new Protein Water out. Kinda pricey if you ask me ($1.50 a bottle). It only has 5 grams of protein. If they get that price down to fifty cents a bottle I would love a protein water to tide me over when protein isn't going down.

I'm really doing well today. Not too hungry because I'm so tight. I'm so tight because I'm so stressed about a condo we are renting. Our renter is a friend of mine and need I say more? Extreme cold weather coming and I'm concerned about freezing pipes. Wish I could bottle this tightness when I need it!

Poodles - great NSV. Twentyseven pounds plus or minus is progress any way you look at it.

Aimee, how many grams of Protein per serving?

Special K has a new Protein Water out. Kinda pricey if you ask me ($1.50 a bottle). It only has 5 grams of protein. If they get that price down to fifty cents a bottle I would love a protein water to tide me over when protein isn't going down.

I'm really doing well today. Not too hungry because I'm so tight. I'm so tight because I'm so stressed about a condo we are renting. Our renter is a friend of mine and need I say more? Extreme cold weather coming and I'm concerned about freezing pipes. Wish I could bottle this tightness when I need it!

Poodles - great NSV. Twentyseven pounds plus or minus is progress any way you look at it.

It's 42 grams of protein per 4 oz serving. It's not cheap! But it's an easy way to get in protein if you have a tight day, etc.

I'm most excited because it seems to have helped me to move the scale (I guess with the added protein).

It's hard renting and dealing with family and friends! I know :) Hopefully things will work out and they will do what is needed on your condo! I haven't really noticed a difference with tightness with stress, but that may be because I'm not paying close enough attention.