Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

OK I have had a really bad morning! and I smoked. I shouldn't have but I did. Got to jump back on the wagon now, and just pray God will help this day get better.

Kids really have a way of showing us another side don't they. They can be so naive but so deep at times. Perhaps angels whisper in their ears because they are more innocent to hear them.

Reginia if anyone can kick the habit you can! You are such an inspiration with your weight loss and new stats. This is just another hurdle to overcome. Take one day at a time and look for something else to help you cope with stress. I know its hard. If it is any inspiration at all I'll tell you from my perspective if I knew how I smelled as as a smoker I would have stopped. Not until I stopped did I realize how smokers stink. Now you don't want to be that offensive do you? ;):) :)

I can totally relate to your daughter's ability to see and feel death pending. I too have that talent, if you call it that, to those that I'm connected. I had it as a child and prayed to God that I would only see these visions in my dreams. I couldn't stand the visions while awake as I got older. My request was honored and usually I only know through my dreams.

I often wonder if I had honed that skill what abilities would I have today? I was more attuned in my younger years, but as I get older less connected. In fact, I can't pick up on my son and never have been able to. Weird stuff, but I'm a believer.

OK on to Vegas. I thought I would block a set of 10 rooms in a couple of weeks. I was trying to get a good count. I don't think we will have a problem this early. My choice is Bally's, but if someone has another preference or sees a better rate let's discuss. Rooms can be secured with a credit card and the first night gets charged. The room is fully refundable up to 24 hours before arrival. I'll also explore spa packages for Friday and get those costs. Everyone let's make a real effort to attend. It will be lots and lots of fun!!!

So far my fill is OK. I start mushies today so we will see how that goes. I never notice a difference this early so don't know if I have enough restriction or not. I'm trying to take it real slow so I won't have problems. However, I am convinced that the band works best when you eat solid foods and lots of hard Protein.< /p>

Regina, you've come a long way. How many smoke free hours? Maybe you should start a ticker for smoke free days (or hours until you build back up) and keep us posted. We won't let go of you.

My ticker is an inspiration these days. The 189.5 I saw fleetingly still isn't back, but I'm closing in. The thought of seeing the 180's again is a happy one. I'm setting more realistic goals these days, and I'd like to start meeting them!

One more thing. It's time for me to polish my piano teaching and playing skills. I'm toying with the idea of studying electronic stuff and jazz, but I have a heart for the very young also. Please pray, send positive thoughts, etc. To attend school?, private study, or self study? I've been on the fence too long.

Guys, Barbara4 has bought clothes in a smaller size and looks really great.

In fact, the next smaller size looks iminently close.

Thanks PinkyLee for your kind comments. :embarassed: I was actually stopped by 2 people yesterday that told me I looked great. Then this morning a woman I have been working with for a year finally asked me if I lost weight. She takes very seriously the Hippa constraints so it was a biggie for her to ask. I told her I had and how I did it. She was surprised and congradulated me. It's days like that that keep us on target.

Go to class PinkyLee. Explore it all. I think that would be wonderful for you. As we talked yesterday I'm going to get active in playing bridge again. Once a month shouldn't be too big a deal and I already know a few people I can invite. I'm going to start with a game in my own home!

Ok, I suck. I know I haven't been here in awhile and I haven't posted or read the back-posts. I am still stuck at the same number, but at least I'm not gaining. I still have no fill. I said I would make a new year's resolution to get back on track, but I haven't yet. Anyway, I saw that Barbara mentioned Vegas, so let me know the details if it isn't too late. Maybe that will motivate me! Congrats to all of you on doing so well and to those struggling like me-hang in there. We can do it together!

Socialgal we're all going to Vegas. It will June 8-10 at Bally's. I'm arriving the evening of June 7th. Friday I'll arrange a spa day for those interested and my DH can arrange golf for any of the guys that come along. We are also planning to spend some time around the pool. We're all brave now and we'll be together. :huggie:

We'll also have plenty of free time, but we were thinking of dinner/show on Saturday night and Breakfast Sunday morning. Of course, other times can be spent together or apart.

PM me if you plan on attending. I'll get a block of rooms and let everyone reserve against that block direct with the hotel. There are a few posts a little back in thread with room rates, etc.

:nervous Hi ladies! Iam doing pretty good considering I was started on a new Bipolar medication called Depakote on Monday night. The only side effect is it makes my real groggy and it puts me out cold and gives me the best nights sleep. Also I poop and pee all day ( great way to lose weight !).

Its taking adjusting, but my doctor thinks this and the Serequel that Iam now taking will be the right medication for me, and he can finally take me off the wrong ones that I had been previously prescribed ( by my old doctor)like Wellbutrin, Lexapro and Topamax that have not been working for the Bipolar.

Your trip to Vegas sounds great, I wish I could go but money is so tight and I have so much going on this year. Feb 16 is my Dad's 60th birthday, March 27th is our 5 year Wedding Anniversary, June 13th is my one year Surgery date anniversary, August 9th is my Mom's 60th Birthday, September 15th my brother gets married in California and my son starts Kindergarten in September also and he turns 5 on September 19th 5! Is that enough going on is 2007?

I have been to Las Vegas and I loved it, I stayed at the MGM Grand in 1997.

I hope all are doing great, Iam still steady at 60 down ( 230 from 290) with only one fill in October of 1cc.

I have my next appointment on Jan 25th and Iam hoping to be near the 220 mark.

Love and Hugs,

Lisa

Aimeeeeeee - you scare me honey! Now I'm worried about that constant stitch in my left side (right under my ribcage). Could I too be growing rocks?

you never know; just don't wait for the plumber to diagnose you. to the activia shelf with ye now! :huggie::hungry:

Let me tell ya a story to give you chills. She was born on 11/11/01.

we were in labor not far apart...my girl was born 12/1/01 at 11:11 am in rm 111 at a hospital located at 1111 W. Memorial. needless to say, you know her lucky number....

That story reminds me clearly that children have such clarity and I honestly think they see things we're too cynical to believe....my baby told me that to go to sleep at night she talks to Jesus. I asked her what He says to her and she said "He said to tell you that He talks to you too".

And she says her guardian angel plays jokes on her and brushes her hair. I hear her giggling sometimes at night in her sleep and she murmers "silly angel".....

Who knows maybe they're more connected than we are because of their child-like faith.

Regina my best friend quit smoking with her husband in the beginning of December. She quit because of Reynauds. Smoking hurts your circluation and she has lots of problems with her fingers going white. She truly liked smoking but put her health first. She was in the smoking breakroom the other day smoking and I was shocked. She said to me later that she decided that she wouldnt say "I will never have another cigarette." If she wants one she has one. She has had 2 in the last 8 weeks. Once when we were baking for Christmas. I wish I could do that. I am an all or nothing kind of person. I want to be a non smoker. My husband and I have tried several times to quit. The last time was about 2 years ago and I made it 11 weeks or so with the nicatrol inhaler. Tremendous stress caused me to start back up. Right now life is just too stressed for me to think about it but I will do it again and one of these times it will stick. Just keep hanging in there. It does get easier.

Pinkylee, what's this about piano? Are you a former piano teacher? Have you not played for awhile?

Yes and No. I teach, but only have 6 students. We moved from Michigan where indoor activities ruled and I had a plethera of students and a long waiting list. Quite frankly, I was burned out. I've been doing a lot of soul searching. I've finally decided that teaching piano is my life work. I can honestly say that I am ready to recommit and grow a business. I've made some calls and decided to brush up on skills and thoroughly research my schooling options. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

SoCalGal, welcome back. We're all struggling to get back on track after the holidays. How soon can you get back to fill land? Thank goodness I still have my fickle fill. I'd say hats off to you for maintaining. Do you have any restriction at all? I just asked about you yesterday.

Lisa, take care with the new meds. All the best to you brave lady for dealing with life in a positive way. We will miss you in Vegas.

Yikes!!! I just thought of something. What if the last loss I've seen is due to a little muscle atrophy from stopping my daily exercise? Numbers, what are they good for--absolutely nothin' (and everything)

Well, that's wonderful that you're refocusing, Pinkylee. When you say you want to brush up on your skills, to you mean as a musician or as a teacher?

My son is 14 and thinks he knows everything. He's cavalier about his schooling and what happens at home, but boy does he ever listen to his music teacher. His teacher gets cranky sometimes and is very economical with his praise and my son adores him. Sometimes kids just rise to the occasion, I guess.

Good luck with all this, it sounds like you're creating just what you want.

Teaching chords, jazz electronics, etc. -

Having a strong drive to learn music is a gift. What is his instrument?

Today the 1.3 lbs I gained on the cruise is gone and along with it it took another 1 lb. Yeah! I'm going to go ahead and claim it fast! I usually can lose after a fill so this is not caused by anything great I've done. Starting my dangerous after time from fill so hopefully I can get through this with no issues. I want this fill to work.

Glad to hear your decisions PinkyLee. I think this will be good for you. And speaking of good, that Chai tea is the best. I just love it. It feels so good on my tummy and tastes wonderful. Thanks.