Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Leila, good to hear from you. I think we all must have been wondering.

Be sure to give yourself lots of convalescence time. I think our society really undervalues that.

I'm glad all went well. Lots of healing energy your way.

Leila so glad you are doing well. Yes, take plenty of time to rest and take care of you. The weight loss and all that goes with it will still be here when you're ready.

What a beautiful day in Houston today. The weather is just great. Crisp and cool. We don't get too many like this here.

While reaching into the hall closet today for a jacket I got my husband's jacket by mistake. I didn't realize it until I got to the kitchen and some light. It was a beautiful green suede jacket in a size Large. My husband said oh that's mine, but it might fit you now. I laughed, but I tried it on. I'm now at work wearing his suede jacket!!!!! I never thought this would fit. It's going to be a good day. I can't stop the grin that's on my face. :clap2:

LOL. That's one way to cure the wardrobe delimma Barbara.

I guess I have one similar. I bought a coat two years ago that was really too small. I had forgotten about it because I never wore it. I found it Saturday and it fit with plenty of room to spare. I'm set for the winter in the coat department.

I have another distressing story. DH complained that I "looked frumpy" this weekend. I bought some cheap 3/4 sleeve v-necks at Penny's and a few pairs of pants to last thru this next size. I was delighted to be able to wear a regular XL t-shirt. I never left the house in a tshirt or any knit top before banding. I'm sticking to my guns on this one. My body isn't "great", but I don't worry about my fat rolls any more. They are definitely still there, but much smaller. I'm looking forward to buying the next smaller size be it in a month or 3 months and these few things I have will do nicely. I overdid it in the treat department this Sunday. Did anyone say "heart hunger" out there?

Isn't it great what we can wear now. I went to Palais Royal and bought 2 pair of slacks in a size 20. I didn't think I would be able to wear them yet as they were cheap. Two pair for $38. I got home and tried them on. They fit. They look good and I don't think you can tell how cheap they are. I figure they are good for a month or so. Great buys out there for transition wear.

I'm glad everyone is experiencing wardrobe delights. I put on some smaller jeans this morning that I thought might fit and they are somewhat baggy. Yippee!

I had a bad experience last night and feel the need to tell someone about it. I was having a serious sweet craving so I opened a pint of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia. I sat on the sofa, in front of the t.v., under a comforter eating out of the container. It was so good, I was so cold that I didn't want to get up to put it back in the freezer and (you guessed it) I ate the whole thing. Do you have any idea how many calories that is?!! Oh my gosh! I was nearly sick but I kept eating. I'm not beating myself up about it but I just don't understand why we can gorge ourselves on bad stuff and the few bites of steak and brocolli that I had for dinner would hardly go down. Double exercise time today for me.

Hope everyone in Houston is enjoying this weather like I am..........have a wonderful week!

Ice Cream is the devil!!! I have been indulging in a blue bell ice cream cone at night. Just one dip, but still. I was not able to eat last week so I thought I was entittled. Anyway, we went to grocery store yesterday and I went by the ice cream section. I stood there and looked and looked. I finally thought to myself that if I took it home with me I would eat it. I walked away from the aisle and felt really good. I'm trying not to bring things in the house that I know I want to eat. :)

It's OK Barbara 12. Chalk it up and move onward. We can't take back our yesterdays.

Congrats to all fitting into new clothes. I had this pair of pants I kept telling myself I wouldn't try on until I was under 200 because I didn't want to be disappointed. Well, I tried them on Saturday anyway and they fit! On the other hand, since I am not filled, I have been pushing the envelope on foods....I made myself a grilled cheese last night! I weigh in with my trainer today and I know I'll be up. As the days get shorter and it gets dark earlier, I find I want to go right home after work and sit on the couch instead of going to the gym. Somebody motivate me! hahaha

Barbara, I had a "threesome" with Ben and Jerry too a few days back. Too good for words, but not too good for my hips.

I have noticed my pants getting longer. Weird hugh? Or, maybe my butt is shrinking... and it just makes them seem longer. :) I have not stepped on the scale in a while, so don't know what is going on there. I have found I have serious head issues when I step on that thing too often.

Glad everyone is doing well.

My pants got longer, too. It must be the weight loss in thighs and butt. If you think about it that makes sense. OK, so NSV for me...DH took me shopping for new clothes for my B-day. I tried a 12 first...way too big, then 10...still too big, finally size 8 fit!! I am in single digits! Remember, I am only 5 ft., so I am still not all the way there but 1/2 way feels pretty good.:)

WOW!!!! It looks like happy news all around for the June Crew!

Leila-- I was so glad to hear about your surgery. I have been keeping you in my prayers, and I hope that you feel better soon.

Lisa-- Welcome to the group. It is so good to make new friends on here. These Junebies are the best in the world.

Laura-- Happy birthday!! What a great present for yourself---size 8! Way to go girl.

Congrats to all with new milestones. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I go to the Dr. on Thursday to see if I have lost any.

Take care everyone.

oh, here are my stats from last week:

Days under 1200 cals: 7

Days of 64oz h2O: 2

Days of 30min w/o: 1

Not the best stats, but tomorrow is another day

Good to hear from everyone. Sounds like most have turned a corner and progressing well. Pants are definitely getting longer - belly doesn't hold them up anymore!! I'm looking forward to moving down another size hopefully in a few weeks.

I ordered my bathing suits for December cruise. I didn't know what size to order. I did my best, but now think maybe they will be too big. I'll see when they get here how big/small they are. I don't think I can lose more than 15 lbs by Christmas.

I definitely need to step up the exercise. I'm just not doing anything positive about that. I bought the walking tapes that are still in shrink wrap. :)

Meeting PinkyLee and Barbara 12 for lunch today. This will be so much fun. Anyone else in downtown Houston at noon meet at Ninfa's at the Park stores.

While reaching into the hall closet today for a jacket I got my husband's jacket by mistake. I didn't realize it until I got to the kitchen and some light. It was a beautiful green suede jacket in a size Large. My husband said oh that's mine, but it might fit you now. I laughed, but I tried it on. I'm now at work wearing his suede jacket!!!!! I never thought this would fit. It's going to be a good day. I can't stop the grin that's on my face. :clap2:

That is so cool to hear, thanks for sharing your story and giving the encouragement we all need to hear. I can almost feel your excitement!:clap2: :)

I have my four month follow up tomorrow and Iam getting filled so I wanted to know more information and I found this link on the fill question and answer forum. Here's is the rest of my post:

http://lapbandtransformation.com/Adjustments.htm

Thanks so much for the site information , it was helpful. I also read my booklet that the Nurse Practitioner gave me from the LapBand manufacturer that tells you what to expect when getting a fill.

I was banded on June 13, 2006 and I have lost 50 pounds on my own with no fill, since I called my Nurse Practitioner and told her that I have been at a stand still all month, she is going to finally fill me tomorrow.

She told me that I could have a Protein Shake for Breakfast and then to only have Soup for lunch as to prepare for the fill.

My first fill is part of my after surgery follow up and free even though I am just getting it filled now. The Nurse told me the the first fill is always free no matter when it is done.

Any other fills will cost me $80.00 dollars plus her regular fee which monthly is $80.00 same as the dietican I see monthly.

The first fill is covered by my insurance of Bc/Bs PPO, but every time I see the Nurse Practitioner and Dietician its cost me out of pocekt.:phanvan

I will post of the outcome soon.

Lisa:kiss2: :cry