Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Barbara

I've had a strange gurgle in my throat at times since my last fill. I think it's saliva that has no where to go. Maybe hot tea would help. I get strange gurgles when my tummy growls. Cousin has it too--so it must be a new "normal".

Congrats on the loss. I've been ill since Friday, but went to cousin's wedding anyway on Sunday. Remnds me how short life is. Relatives are pushing 80's.

No exercise for me until I feel 100%. Maybe a little walking this evening. Maybe not. Be careful adding exercise after your fill.

OCTOBER CHALLENGE:

Please submit your stats for week 1. It began Sunday Oct. 1 and ended Saturday midnite October 7.

Days at 1200 calories or less:

Days drinking 64 ounces or more of water:

Days of 30 minutes of exercise:

I have Barbara 465 so far for week one.

Thanks,

hey ya'll!!

i can't remember the last time i posted. i'm just sitting in the background...lurking. hope everyone is doing well. i finally broke my plateau and i've lost 3 lbs last week. i went for my third fill on 10/02. it didn't happen because when the tech tried to put in 0.5 cc to my 2.0 cc that was already there...nothing was going down. she then took out i think 0.2 cc...nothing still would go down. so she took out the entire 0.5 cc and left me at my original 2.0 cc. the barium finally went down, slowly, but it went down. she thinks i really didn't need a fill...i think so too. i started to fix what i'd been doing wrong..like drinking with meals and eating when i'm not hungry (out of boredom). it must be working cause i lost 3lbs. i eat what i want, just try not to over do it, and stop when i'm full. i still get the burps and hiccups after i take a couple of bites or when i'm full. i've had my occasional PBs...nothing extreme though. they've all been from me eating too fast. i still can't eat in the morning. it's just too painful. i can't really eat a full meal until after 7 pm i've noticed. i think i'm at my sweet spot. well, i'm still learning as i'm sure everyone else is.

cutiern:)

Cutiern

Were you hungry between meals b4 attempted fill? I am and am considering another fill soon, but I'm afraid I'll be too tight on my "tight" days.

Congrats on weight loss.

My Dad is an observant man. He maintains that learning to live with the band is like a cat trying to find a soft place to lay down. Lots of scratching and circling, but we final settle in for the long haul.

hey pinkylee,

i was hungry, but only beause i was drinking alot of Water with my meals. i's been hard for me to break this habit. so, i was eating but nothing was staying in the pouch. if you are trying your best to do everything right...no food is getting stuck right now, no PBs and are still hungry...maybe it's time for a fill (in my opinion).

cutiern

I have found it easy to give up drinking with eating, except for Breakfast. If we are out or enjoying breakfast at home, I find it difficult to get my 2 cups of coffee in before I eat. I try real hard not to, but I love my coffee on these mornings in particular. I just sip it after I eat and make an effort not to eat again until lunch.< /p>

I don't think you do any real harm by drinking, except that you don't keep that full part. I'm not sure I have felt that really full feeling. I still struggle with that. I guess I think I should only be able to eat about 4 bites and then be full. I read all these stories on here and think that is normal. Maybe, what I feel is normal. :girl_hug:

Going to start weighing my food. That way I'll know for sure.

coffee is another food group for me. I doctor mine with l t raw sugar and 1 T cream - 35 calories and well worth it. Some "rules" I can live with, but don't mess with the coffee. I gave up white sugar--a weak gesture, and I sometimes use Decaf, but I've been enjoying my coffee since week 2. I usually have one cup, but in winter it could be as many as 3.

Cutiern

My rule has been if I don't lose at least a pound a week (average) I'll get another fill.

Came close last month, but I made it.

Guess we all want the same thing. Less hunger and more lost weight. My last fll caused a minor plateau (3 weeks I think).

Hey guys,

I didn't record anything for last week as far as the challenge, I had a fill, then I was sick, but I'll do better this week. I am feeling really down today, my hubby and I are having some BIG problems, so much that I have told him that I am done. Now I have done this before when things have gotten bad and he makes promises and then things are better for a few weeks then BAM, right back to where we were. I love him so much and we have been married for 7 years this month, but I can't take being a doormat for him anymore. I pray so much for God to work in his life, but his stubborn butt won't submit to HIM. I just need some support guys. I am hurting......

Oh Reginia I'm so sorry to hear this. You are doing so good on your weight loss program. It seems sometimes when we get one thing in our life going in the right direction, something else goes haywire. Its difficult being in love and watching our love mess it up. It is difficult to accept the things we can't change. That doesn't mean you have to accept bad behavior toward yourself, but you can't bring him to God. Only he can do that.

Also, with all the changes going on in your body and your thinking, he might not be able to "catch up". You have lost significant weight. Is that playing in this?

All you can do now is take care of you. Give yourself some time. Maybe get some counseling, together or alone. If all else fails, then it fails. Its hard, but sometimes for the best.

We're all here for you. Feel free to vent here. We'll all help if we can, and listen if that's all we can do.

I posted this on it's own post but thought I'd post it here since some of you might miss it. I am having trouble getting all my Water down since my band is still kinda tight which is why I am not doing the challenge. I am getting 5-6 days of exercise in though and staying well below the calorie requirement.

:clap2: I weighed this morning and I am happy to say I am below 150. 149 to be exact. I haven't been this weight since my wedding day. This is my first goal and I made it!! Now hopefully I can keep going to my goal. It's been quite a few years since I got past this mark but I feel alot more empowered this time.:girl_hug:

On a different note, I was actually able to eat a little more than usual last night. For the past few days I have been having trouble with everything...even water. So, last night was my girlfriends wedding and then reception. I was so afraid to eat since it was a very elegant country club setting. I started with a salad about 6 bandster bites which = 2 of the "old me" bites. Then, about the same for my salmon.:hungry: The salmon was served with white rice which of course I didn't touch. Maybe I was sitting up straighter than usual or maybe it was alot of talking between bites. I did feel slightly stuck at one point but I just kindly excused myself from the table and strolled to the bathroom. I think just the walk helped move things along so no pb. I just freshened my makeup and returned to the table. I also don't think anyone at the table noticed how little I ate.:juggle: I did suck down two Lemon Drop Martini's before dinner.:eek: Do you think maybe that relaxed my band a bit?:D

Anyway, thanks to all for your support. Next goal 120 which I would love to make by my anniversary March 30. I think that is reasonable. It would be nice if it came sooner but I don't want to set myself up for failure.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Laura good for you. You are really making progress. I've heard that a few drinks does make it easier. :girl_hug: We can't do it on a regular basis or we'll gain. However, a few times I've had a margarita I noticed I could eat more. Also, when I've had a few glasses of wine.

Keep up the good work. Maybe you won't be able to drink 64 ounces, but at least your drinking more than before.

No the weight loss isn't playing into it, except with the fact that I am more confident in myself that I do not deserve to be treated bad. these are problems that have gone on for years, I address them with him, he makes promises does better for a very short time them goes right back to it. Don't get me wrong he loves the Lord and is a christian he just won't submit to the way the Lord says the marriage is suppose to be. The 2 BIG issue's are Respect and SEX. It just hurts to have a hubby but not have him really!!!! I know it's all kinda cryptic and hard to understand. Just too much to explain i guess.

Regina

Just because a man is a Christian doesn't mean he isn't selfish or have weakness. Even those who seem spiritually strong can be bullies at home.

Barbara gave great advice--seek counseling. Together if he will go, but definitely by yourself first of all.

Losing weight brings some empowerment. It's never too late to save a relationship--I'm proof of that, but I had to save myself first.

Some of the men I thought were great Christian men in my church turned out to be the biggest "players" of them all. Don't be fooled by labels.

He has to answer to God for his own spiritual lacking. Work on the marriage, not his spiritual condition. Only ne and God can do that.

:clap2: I weighed this morning and I am happy to say I am below 150. 149 to be exact. I haven't been this weight since my wedding day.

Laura--

You are our first Diva. Are you going back to being a personal trainer? 149 is a sexy number.

Seriously--glad to hear you could eat. I had great success when I am away from all home and work pressures. I've done so well at the last two weddings--primed my pump with wine at 1st and coffee at second. Could it be there's no way you're worrying about daily manuesha (sp?) at a wedding? Hope you can continue to eat now that you're back to normal routine.