Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Regina,

Yes, I think that's what I'm describing. My only concern is that it is much worse now than it was at first or even a month ago.

I've been cleaning out my closet this morning (yippee) and I am so sore under my ribs from stretching and bending. Sometimes when I'm bent over it really hurts.............whatever.

Melissa,

I am amazed sometimes at what I can swallow without problems and then another time I get golf balled on the smallest things............like the cantaloupe (very well chewed) that I had this weekend. One bite and I was near pbing.

I would make the appointment for when you get home. You can always cancel it. Last two times I had to make appointments for fills it took over a week to get in.

Are you going somewhere exciting?

Barabara,

I didn't start having the problem for almost 2 months out, the good news is, it will go away in a few days, and you might have some re-occuring flare ups but they get less each time, I too had been doing a little more stuff when mine started. Guess we are normal, it should be fine in a couple of days!!!!

Hey Barb12 --

I did make an appoinment for when I come back (2 weeks from today). Like you said, I can always cancel it.

Yes, I am going somewhere I think is very exciting. I am going to Hawaii :D . I can hardly wait. I fly out Saturday morning for 7 full days of paradise. I've never been so it makes it that much more exciting. I have so much to do this week.

Melissa Lea

Wow, that is exciting, Melissa. I've never been either. I hope you have a wonderful time. Maybe we can see a picture of you on the beach when you get back.............

This is so cool! I was banded June 20th. The best thing I've ever done for myself. I'm down 35Lbs and loving it. Awsome feeling when that shirt you've had in the closet for 2 years finally fits and my pants are sagging in the butt. I feel great. I've had 2 fills now at 2.3cc's. I'm thinkin about going in for another fill. I was nervous to start working out:phanvan and this will be my second week.. sooo much easier 35lbs down when running. Love to hear all your stories.

Luvs,

:clap2: The new me!

Well my 3rd fill was on Thursday and so far I still have A LOT more restriction I'm about 6 cc's in my 10 cc band - I PB'd for the first time but it wasn't that bad. I tried to eat a cracker fast and it DID not go down. Everything came back up though. I'm just now learning the chew, chew, chew rule and eating very SLOW. I can't wait to weigh myself at the end of this week to see what I've lost. I can only eat about 1 - 2 small cups of food at a time now. Protein 1st.

Great BeacheeGirl. Sounds like you have restriction. Try to avoid those PBs if you can. I really believe that this Protein first is a good thing. The hardest for me is waiting 90 minutes to drink something. I get really thiristy and want to drink after 30 minutes.

I also have twinges and aches around port and top incision. I think its just everything settling in and we are moving around more. I do know that my body doesn't like me bending over. I get real pain and sometimes nausea if I've just eaten. I avoid bending.

Have fun in Hawaii. I love it there. Do shop at Hilo Hattie's. Its so much fun. I wear my mumus in the evenings instead of a robe. My are really getting old so I think another trip should be planned. Umm :rolleyes:

Welcome Shatell. We have a great group here.

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. It sounds like everyone is still trucking along. I just had my 3rd fill on Friday which makes 2.5cc in a 4cc band. I hope I get to my "sweet spot" soon. I also have a stupid question. What does PB mean I assume it is vomiting but I 'm not really sure. Also what is DH? I guess I am not very up to date on my computer lingo :rolleyes: I am having a hard time staying motivated to work out. I need to get on the ball because I plan to lose for my Christmas challenge. Everyone take care and keep up the good work.

I'm happy to report, I had a barium swallow, and a hamburger swallow <that had barium on it> and I was fine with both, finally. I'm walking more, have more energy, and feel better.

I'm unhappy to report, I've been told I have to have all my upper teeth pulled out. It's expensive, it's scary, and I can't imagine getting thru this.

I am terrified.

So I'm back on antibiotics, have different kinds of pain pills, and I'm going to try not to get stressed until they put me out.

:help: I have been getting things stuck for about a week or more and it is AWFUL as you guys know. Anyway now I'm wondering if I need a fill or what because I really don't get full I just am afraid to eat. If I feel the slightest thing like a golfball I spit it out and don't eat no more. This is getting to be a pain in the butt because I don't know whether I need a fill or unfill. Last night I ate some cereral that was going down really well so I just kept eating I bet I ate way over 2 cups of cereral. I could of probably ate more but got tired of it. I moved on to some cottage cheese. I don't know why everything is getting stuck, but I thought if it got stuck you had restriction. Is that true or am I just so new to this surgery on June 7th that I don't know how to read being scared is really being full. I have a 11 cc VG band and it is filled 4.75 right now. Which in the beginning was great because seems I felt full at about a half a cup of food. I have got things stuck so bad the last few times that it has now scared me to death. I have never vomited, just spit up slim and sweat so bad. One time it was foam along with slim, sorry if that is TMI.

Carol - sliming and froathing are the same as PB almost. You don't always get "stuff" up with a PB, but sliming means you are stuck and too tight. I would not get a fill until you have this under control. You are eating too much at one time if you ate 2c of Cereal. Portion the food out and stop. If you are really, really hungry 30-45 min later than have something else. You need to get on hard Proteins and then you can tell if you have adequate resriction. I understand the scared part because so am I. Don't eat anything you are not supposed to eat and then if you slime you are eating too fast, too big of bites, or your fill is too much.

Randi - sorry about the teeth. Good luck with that. Guess you will be on liquids for a while after the surgery. Keep us posted.

It seems like different parts of the days I can eat anything and others nothing. I am truely afraid to go get a fill but did not know what I should do. I will eat tuna today and stay at 1/2 cup, but sometimes I just take advantage when I can finally eat without it sticking and making me spit up stuff. I get so weak after it is over I can hardly do much the rest of the day. That pbing has got to stop, I know that for sure. Thanks for your suggestions.

Some people are tighter at different times of the day. For instance, some are tight in the morning. If so, drink a Protein Drink for your meal. At least you will be getting in nourishment. My doctor actually recommends that. I am not tight at any time so it isn't a issue. Others try a warm liquid before they eat. It seems to expand the stomach and allow food to go down easier. You might have to eat small meals more often. I know they say 3 meals, but if 6 small meals work better for you go for it. Just don't get a fill until its under control. :rolleyes: