Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Socalgal3,

Don't worry about your rate of loss. The main point is that you are still losing. Your body was put into a bit of a shock with surgery. So you will have rollarcoaster episodes until it gets back to it's new realm of normality. Keep up the hard work. Drink plenty of liquids and keep getting some bit of exercise. Work on increasing the amount of walking you do as you can tolerate it. Good luck!!!

This may be somewhere else on the site, but I want to know....when can I take a bath? The liquid stitches are still on me and I don't want to mess them up, but I'd love a nice warm soak!

Since I can't go swimming until after 2 weeks, I would think it would be the same. However, to be safe call your doctor. It might be 3-4 weeks before they want them softened to that extent.

This is my first Fourth - alone. My sons and their families both live in Texas. My mom passed away 10 months ago. My brother and his family are on a motor home trip for a month. My friends are working, and busy.

Doesn't feel much like a holiday to me. I guess the older we get, the less it does.

I'm 2 weeks out tomorrow. I tested some limits yesterday -to find I didn't feel any. Today I'm going back to liquids - it feels safer.

In my eating days, nothing felt safe. Eating like I did felt sneaky and out of control. Not to eat feels safe.

I'm in no physical pain, but this morning, after a wild dream during the night, I am feeling some emotional pain. I simply don't want to eat, and hope my brain won't push me to it.

Hello everyone!, I'm new to the post and ready to be banded on Friday July 7th in Toronto, Ontario. Looking forward to joining everyone in this journey.

Randi-

You are NOT alone, because we are all here for you. Don't beat yourself up about testing limits, but do try to stay on the plan for your health. One day you will have to deal with making wise food choices(me too!) Not eating will never be an option. Sometimes when I feel that way,, I just wish I had an intravenous tube cuz no food sounds good, but I want the hunger to go away. Find something to do for yourself-read a book, go for a walk, go to a movie, something constructive and positive. Hang in there and Happy 4th! Remember, it's INDEPENDENCE day, so you are celebrating your independence!

Randi,

I know how you feel. I am also lonely. I moved to a new city 4 months ago for a great new job, but left all of my friends behind. I'm working on making new ones, but it takes time and they still don't think to include me in things. I am single, living with my my 2 dogs, 2 ferrets, guinea pig and fish- but they're just not the same as human company.

Tomorrow I have to work and I know I'll get to sew people up who cut themselves on beer bottles celebrating, fix people who have done other dumb stuff celebrating- all while I work my a** off.

Anyway, I'm here for you and I totally understand

Hapy Fourth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are never alone. You have us, your sisters and brothers in the fight against our fat! We are united as no others can be. OK we might not see each other, but we're here for you. Hang in there. Treat yourself nice (not with food) and enjoy your new life.

This is my 4th week. I got on the scales and I think I'm down 13 lbs. I'll wait until the 12th for the official count. I think I'm going to be a turtle in the losing department, but that's OK. Slow and steady wins the race as they say.

I stayed home yesterday, put on a mumu, and just watched movies. It was great. My husband doesn't understand that need to generate your batteries, but I loved it. Today no special plans. He is off playing golf this morning so I get some quiet time. Later we go for a ride. Tonight we will try to calm our little dog who doesn't care for fireworks. Tomorrow, back to work

Have a great day Junies. Enjoy the day.

Barb, Did you see the explanation about the should er pain. It has nothing to do with gas after about the first 10 days. It is nerve pain and only time can make that go away. I am 13 days out and my shoulder pain is 99% gone after I eat.

Yes thanks I saw it. I still get a small twinge, but nothing like before. I've been off the heating pad for about 4 days now. Things are looking good. :(

HI all, happy 4th! Heading to bed now but wanted to drop in and say hi. All day I ate. and ate. I still have to chew chew chew, but so far my hunger is not subsided. I'm getting filled on the 10th of July (thank God) so hopefully that may help. I'mstill at a standstill on my weight loss. Which is better than gaining, right? (that's what I keep telling myself!)

Hope all are doing well :(