Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Discouraged but trying

I was banded in April and I'm down 27 lbs as of 2 weeks ago I'm not sure about now but I'm just curious do y'all think I'm on track because I see people losing 30-50 lbs or more in the time I've had my band and some were banded after me. I know I'm not suppose to compare but I'm scared I'm behind or something. Can anyone give suggestions on how to increase my weight loss progress?

Hi, I was banded on the 22nd April and I'm down 20pounds so far!!! Some of us just loose weight slower, but we are still loosing ;-D keep up the good work and stay positive!!!! It's perfectly normal as everyone is different!

Congrats! Thank you sometimes it hard to remember it didn't get put on in a month lol. I'm glad to be able to talk to someone that is losing a little slower too but you're right losing is way better than gainingnthats for sure! :-)

Agree!!! I also read the threads of others loosing a lot more weight but we are all so different so I know not to compare anymore! Unfortunately my body likes to hold weight and does not like to loose it fast! I'm happy as long as I have a constant weight loss each month and I'm feeling the health benefits!!! You are doing great, keep up the good work! :-D

Agree!!! I also read the threads of others loosing a lot more weight but we are all so different so I know not to compare anymore! Unfortunately my body likes to hold weight and does not like to loose it fast! I'm happy as long as I have a constant weight loss each month and I'm feeling the health benefits!!! You are doing great, keep up the good work! :-D

Thank you and same for you! :-) did your doctor ever say how many lbs was a normal weight loss each month after you get to your green zone?

And every pound lost, is twice as good as a pound gained. Congrats! You're off to a great start!

post-213979-13813135432342_thumb.jpg

post-259176-13813142361695_thumb.jpeg

And every pound lost' date=' is twice as good as a pound gained. Congrats! You're off to a great start!

[/quote']

Catfish I think that picture is exactly what I needed to see! Ill be putting that on my background of my phone :-)

This isn't a race. You are not running to see who finishes first. The slower the loss the easier to keep it off.

I was banded in April and I'm down 27 lbs as of 2 weeks ago I'm not sure about now but I'm just curious do y'all think I'm on track because I see people losing 30-50 lbs or more in the time I've had my band and some were banded after me. I know I'm not suppose to compare but I'm scared I'm behind or something. Can anyone give suggestions on how to increase my weight loss progress?

I only lost 50lbs in my first year, so you are doing very good so far. Its not until I really learned what to eat and why I should eat these foods that I started to drop the weight and keep it off without feeling like I was on a diet. It took me another year to really make a life change and learn the difference between good fats and bad fats, good calories and bad calories, good carbs and bad carbs and just focus on eating more clean.

Its not easy, but very rewarding once you understand the importance of eating clean. The weight will come off a little more and be able to maintain it without being on a diet.

Keep up the hard work!

Oh... and exercise is VERY important.

I too am losing slowly, but feeling very good about it. I know that these pounds are gone for good. They are never coming back again! Slow and steady wins the race for me :)

You are doing amazing!

The average weight loss with the band is 1-2 pounds per week. You've had the band for 22 weeks, making your loss average a little more than a pound a week, which is right where you should be.

If you want to try to increase your weight loss, I would go see a nutritionist. Let them help you establish a good calorie range for you and start tracking your calories. They can also help figure out which style of eating (low carb, high carb, low fat, etc) is best for you.

Best wishes.

The average weight loss with the band is 1-2 pounds per week. You've had the band for 22 weeks' date=' making your loss average a little more than a pound a week, which is right where you should be.

If you want to try to increase your weight loss, I would go see a nutritionist. Let them help you establish a good calorie range for you and start tracking your calories. They can also help figure out which style of eating (low carb, high carb, low fat, etc) is best for you.

Best wishes.[/quote']

Thank you and yes I believe I'm going to have to go see a nutritionist to help me feel better about what I'm eating and how I'm eating it.

I also found out that I lost 6.4 lbs over the past 3 weeks so that makes me feel a little better. I've always been the type that wanted to see the results right then but I'm trying to hang in with a gradual loss... :-) I just keep trying to remind myself how much I've lost. I'm so glad I found this website it has helped me so much!

I also found out that I lost 6.4 lbs over the past 3 weeks so that makes me feel a little better. I've always been the type that wanted to see the results right then but I'm trying to hang in with a gradual loss... :-) I just keep trying to remind myself how much I've lost. I'm so glad I found this website it has helped me so much!

I met a lady today who's had her band over 8 years and lost 135 pounds. She told me she would like to lose more weight and sometimes gets discouraged because she's not at goal. I asked her "Where do you think you'd be if you hadn't gotten the band and lost 135 pounds?" She thought for a moment then replied "Probably a good 200 pounds heavier than I am now". I then said "that makes you a huge a success then, don't you think?"

She smiled and agreed.

I firmly believe any pound lost is a success and that it doesn't matter how long it takes you lose weight, all that matters is that you're losing not gaining.