Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problem-Need Advice ASAP

Oh wow!!! Sorry to hear this. Hope she recovers well from the second surgery.

Well how is your wife doing and do you feel better that at least something go done , please let us know she came out alright and is back on track .

She is doing much better. She had the drain removed on Monday. The drain was put in during the surgery to drain in the infection in stomach. She just finished the last dose of IV antibiotics last night. Her biggest concern now is keeping the weight off. Thanks for everyone advice and concern.

Was she on this site and what was your wife's band name and are you learning about the band , wow she was in pretty bad shape , I hope she gets better and things are ok after all this , never wait that long again to get her help , but I am glad you came to us for advice , again Thankyou for keeping us posted and for supporting your wife.

Shes picked up alot of tools since getting the band. Exercise and portion size. Hopefully they will still help her.

Not losing! Tomorrow I am having Fluid removed from band since I cant seem to keep a scrambled egg down and I eat very little throughout the day and still no weight loss!!! Im down 44 lbs total but I lost the first 20 in the 1st 2-3 months!

Now 10 months out

I feel like I failed the band!

Not losing! Tomorrow I am having Fluid removed from band since I cant seem to keep a scrambled egg down and I eat very little throughout the day and still no weight loss!!! Im down 44 lbs total but I lost the first 20 in the 1st 2-3 months!

Now 10 months out

I feel like I failed the band!

PhatKat1127- my band doctor was banded himself and he told me yesterday that he hasn't been able to have an egg in five years. Don't be too upset....find something to take it's place. Or have you tried an omelet? Are you taking any Protein smoothies? Cottage cheese and fruit? I can get down 1 egg scrambled but I have to add a tablespoon of milk and I soft scramble. I have bacon very crisp so it breaks up into tiny pieces. I have a prot pdwr strawberry banana smoothie when I can't get food down. I'm sure after 10 months you've tried and experimented with different foods. Maybe a smaller fill will let u eat better to jumpstart losing again. Good luck...keep trying...10 months is still a short time in a life with the band. Exercising?

My Surgeon forbids cottage cheese and almost all fruits! Just today I said I had apple slice and strawberry and he basically told me I wont lose weight on this path. When I say egg I always make it in omelet form. Since my 3rd and 4th fill no weight loss and I even belch and regurgitate with Water.

I feel so defeated

My Surgeon forbids cottage cheese and almost all fruits! Just today I said I had apple slice and strawberry and he basically told me I wont lose weight on this path. When I say egg I always make it in omelet form. Since my 3rd and 4th fill no weight loss and I even belch and regurgitate with Water.

I feel so defeated

Keep hope in your heart! Where there's a will there's a way. Have you tried egg salad or deviled eggs?

Why not fruit? I cant hardly get a potato down I haven't tried too many other veggie except in a stir fry. I just have a hard time getting veggies down all by themselves. Have any suggestions. I tried to eat a staple of mine and that is chicken and noodle casserole but after 3 bites pbing right after had to drink a prot smoothie which went down. So its not always what you eat but maybe how you eat it.

Maybe trying the eggs you get stressed out and your throat is a little constricted. Have or do you drink something hot before eating that helps relax and thus making it easier to eat certain things. I'm not saying you'll be able to eat eggs but just keep trying at different times trying different ways. Do u have trouble with anything else? Good luck. Did u get some fill liquid out yet? I haven't been filled yet my dr doesn't think I'm ready yet. Oh well.

I just UNFILLED! Also banded Dec 2012. Noticed after 4th fill I would regurgitate Water as well as vomit most Protein. I am horrified to start gaining!! But I am only down a total of 44 lbs. and the 1st 20 came off in the 2 months following surgery.

I hope this will show a really difference since I haven't seen any weight loss in 3 months just the same 3-5 yoyo pounds. I realize this is a tool and cant believe some of the (" I was banded 3 months ago and Im down 60+ lbs!") Stories on here. The same stories that surely influenced me to chose this surgery. Now with this unfill I am being scheduled for an endoscopy and we are talking possible slip.

My Doc said NO fruit the 1 st yr!

I love frozen grapes they provide a crunch!

But today is day 2 of my Fluid removal. ( not completely) I no longer regurgitate Water and I successfully ate a 4 oz steak w/out getting stuck.

Hi my name is Christy and I am new to the site. I need some help and support. I had my band done in 2009 and had great success, as I wan an avid kick boxer , I lost 80 pounds and plateaued @ 170. My surgeon left town 6 months after my surgery and I couldn't get anyone to take me because they didn't do my surgery. I traveled 1 1/2 to get a fill from my surgeon at the new hospital he worked at and ended up In the ER because it was too tight. The doctor in the ER agreed to take me, but really has no vested interest in me and is really expensive and won't take my insurance only private pay. I maintained my weight for over 2 years. My daughter had open heart surgery and I had the band loosened due to fear of not being able to find food to eat in The cafeteria at the hospital. Big Mistake!! Huge. I slowly gained back 20 pounds and now have gained 35 to this date. I am back up to 200 lbs. yikes!! I have been unable to exercise due to a knee injury. I just got re tightened today and am back on my Protein. Any advice or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated, I am at a emotional low. What Protein does everyone like best??

So today is day 3 of my unfill and my stomach is still really bloated!!! Below my breast area. I am awaiting an endoscopy to be scheduled next week my doc is concerned it may have slipped. But he did a brief sonogram and left the room. Just tole me to drink 2 bottles of Water wait 30 mins and make sure the water didnt regurgitate back up. But now I sit here and Im so uncomfortable. Is this common with an Unfill?

So today is day 3 of my unfill and my stomach is still really bloated!!! Below my breast area. I am awaiting an endoscopy to be scheduled next week my doc is concerned it may have slipped. But he did a brief sonogram and left the room. Just tole me to drink 2 bottles of Water wait 30 mins and make sure the Water didnt regurgitate back up. But now I sit here and Im so uncomfortable. Is this common with an Unfill?

How are u doing? Have your endoscopy?

What did they find? I still haven't had a fill. Having difficulty eating most days. I hope you are making progress and feeling better. Take care.

Awaiting scheduling on the endo this week. After the slight Fluid removal (unfill) Last thursday I am still bloated under my breast area. I dont know why....

I saw a 2 lb weight reduction over the weekend which make me feel hopeful but I often see a fluctuation around 2-3 lbs but seem like the SAME darn pounds! I researched a new doctor to specializes in both band and sleeve maybe I will just see someone new an keep the band. I was always good at shedding 20 lbs on fad diets ,weightloss pills , etc... But I went to the band for more of a lifestyle change with significant results And 20 lbs off the 1st (2 months) and the following 20lbs took 8 months to come off. I know my lifestyle has changed and I'm following the rules. So much so I can't eat with out my mouth filling with slime or getting stuck.