Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

@@PuraVida37 congrats. How is the pregnancy going? I'm 29 weeks. My first baby post lapband. I wasn't sure about getting unfilled and my doctor wasn't pushing it so I left it unfilled. Now that I am this far along, it seems that I am getting stuck more often and am really tight so I decided to get unfilled. I go in tomorrow. I think I will just ask for 1 cc to be taken out. I didn't want to gain too much weight, which I haven't (I think Im at about 3 or 4 pounds gainged) but I am starting to worry about baby's weight gain. My doctor still doesnt seem to be worried about babys weight. But just for my peace of mind and also so that I can keep things down, I will go and get unfilled. I only have 3cc's in there...so that will put me at 2cc's in a 10cc band.

I havent been on much but I have been reading all the updates via emails sent to my every time someone posts on this thread. Sounds like we are/were all on the same page of standing still as far as weight goes. I was stuck at 245 before baby came for about 3 months...and now that I am pregnant I am at about 247, give or take. I hope that I don't gain a whole ton after my unfill tomorrow and I hope that I can get on track after baby gets here and be able to lose weight.

This has most def been a really trying and frustrating journey. With all the stand still on my weight loss and all the getting stuck. I have never been able to eat right after because everything I eat usually gets stuck and so it has kinda forced me to do shakes and chips and other sliders, just so that I feel that I am getting things down. I'm hoping to get a better diet in after i get this cc taken out. And with a regular exercise routine after baby comes, I hope I can get back on track. I'm 17 months post surgery and I have only lost about 1/3 of what I was hoping to lose by now. Anyways, hope all is going well with everyone else. :) Have a good week

I'm 15 weeks now, and going stir crazy waiting on genetic testing results. After my many losses, I just want to get to a point where I'll stop worrying and having nightmares.

I wish I hadn't gotten unfilled so quickly. My doc insisted on it right when I told him I was pg, only about 4 weeks pg. I've gained ten lbs and have been eating a bunch of junk--things I never would have eaten before like Bagels and sub sandwiches. I hope I'm not stretching things out, but I can eat just about everything now. And yes, I know, just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

I've been craving salads, which is funny to me because it's something I couldn't eat when I was filled. I am SO hungry all the time. I miss running. I miss having loose pants. I miss not feeling hungry. ...but I'll be back there after July!!!

Where is your port? Mine is around my belly button and at first I did feel some real pressure around it. But now it's better.

Thanks for asking about me, @@princesstuiaki !!

@@PuraVida37 I guess it is a good thing to enjoy every stage of pregnancy. I have had terrible pregnancies with really high sugars in the past and so my doctor was hesitant about me getting unfilled. Since I have been pregnant I have not had to have ridiculous amounts of insulin injections everyday and he is actually surprised that I havent gone up on my insulin since I started 25 weeks ago (im only insulin dependent when Im prego). So, I guess it all depends on the situation. Ive actually lost weight since I started. I started at 245 and weighed in at 243 when I went to get unfilled. My surgeon/doc told me that he will just take out 1 cc so that I dont have to start from the beginning when I want to start filling my band again. I got the 1cc out yesterday and already feel a world of difference with my eating, so I have to be careful not to go crazy with it. I have about 9 more weeks to go so I will just monitor what I eat and try to make better choices. My port is higher up on my abdomen, towards the left. It gave me problems/pain in the beginning of my pregnancy but not anymore. Only thing now is that its starting be get pushed out and so I can feel it more. Hope it doesnt protrude out of my belly. LOL. Good luck to you. Hope all goes well with your pregnancy. This is still a fun event so just enjoy it and dont worry about the weight gain too much. That's what my hubby tries to remind me. LOL...and besides, were growing humans in us, so we can gain a little weight :)

@@princesstuiaki and @@PuraVida37 -- CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!! So very exciting.

So I am checking in after many months of hiatus! Its good to see so many of you still on here and meeting some new folks too.

The past 18 months has been life changing…in so many ways.

I got my first fill last tuesday and am adjusting to that now….I kind of feel like I'm starting again in some ways….i got a little sloppy with my mechanics and food choices and now feel like this fill is a "new start" so to speak. So hoping that the weight loss will pick up again and I can take off the last of the pounds.

Winter in NY has been tough but I've been trying to walk at work on my lunch in the building and that seems to be working.

Having the band has been interesting and frustrating at times…but SO well worth it.

For all those struggling I wish you much success…hang in there

Edited by chasingadream

@@chasingadream, Yes, Winter here in NY has been AWFUL!! I really want to go back out and walk outside without slipping on ice or getting frostbite.

How exciting about your fresh start!! Wishing you lots of luck !!!

I'm excited. I have been at a plateau for almost a year. I am 25 pounds from goals. He finally gave me another fill today. I hope it makes me feel tight not too tight but I do love the feeling of being tight so I know I won't over eat. I have absolutely no will power up but if I'm feeling sick I will stop eating. I depend on my band a lot. I absolutely love my band. It was worth every dime to me. If I could do it all over I would and get the band again.

I have been on here in a long time I got banged on September 2013 the first yr or so I was doing so good last summer I even got to a low of 195lbs some how I am back to 217. I been struggling eating for the last yr. I have good and bad days there days j can't keep anything down expect Soup. And my good days I can eat a lot. bread steak have been getting stuck I stay way from that. I don't think I am loosing weight because when I have my good days I over eat because from the day before all I had was soup. So if a back and forth battle now. I go from 215-219 back in forth from those to weight depending how many good and bad days I have. When I have my bad days seems like everything wants to come back up. No mater how hard I try to keep it down. Even on my good days sometimes get stuck and want to come back up. How is everyone else journey going.

I have not lost any weight in over a year :( I am very active, I go to the gym or on a hour long hike at least 4 days a week. I do not eat bread, Pasta, rice or steak. I almost never have soda. I lost 40-50 pounds in the first 6 months and that has been it. I have my regrets is having the lapband and not the sleeve every day, but my husband was very against the more aggressive procedure. I truly do not know what else to do, as I still have 60 - 80 pounds to lose to be a 'healthy' weight. I have missed the support of this group, as I got a new phone and lost the app.

I have gain about 20lbs in a year. I think about it sucks that a lot of stuff get stuck. But I know if I didn't have this surgery I would be in 300lbs. The way I look at I happy I got I at lest lost something I was over 280 when j start this journey and at 217. I see my self happier now so it's worth it just sucks I got to my low 195 and I look at pic I was so much smaller there. Well I was 16 Almost a size 14 at a size 18 now. I have my days I go back in forth why did I do this but bottom line I lost weight and even not my goal it made a big difference in my life. Hang in there don't give up.

Hi all, I know it has been a very long time since I have been on here. For the yucky news...I haven't lost any weight since my initial weight loss the first few months. I think the sleeve would have been a better idea for me but I am a self pay and they wouldn't let me get it as a self-pay.

I am grateful to have my band as it does keep me honest and I can't seem to gain weight...unless I really try (i.e. ice cream) It's very hot in the desert right now...lol

But losing weight will require exercise and that has really taken a back seat in my life with all the changes that have happened. My husband and I are hoping things will slow down soon so when the weather cools a bit we can get back out exploring this wonderful world again.

I am so proud of all of you for sticking to this group and continuing our journey...

On another note. My husband..when we met, he was a junk food junky, which did not help me at all! Over the past year I have been trying to bring him over to the healthier way of eating...it's been a slow journey. Recently he had a health scare that seems to have gotten his attention.

We have now started a new website blog with videos and interviews on "Making Me Healthy" MakingMeHealthy.com

It will include our journey from a couple in our 50s who have not lived the healthiest lifestyle in the past with different tastes, on our adventure in learning and trying new healthier foods, recipes, supplements, and ideas from our viewers. Please check it out...Like our Facebook page...if you Facebook.

Send in your suggestions for topics that you have come across in your lives and recipes that you use or found that helped.

This group has really been an inspiration to me and I think your opinions and ideas would mean more to me that all others.

Thank you,

Debbie

It's been a long time since I have been on this page. I was banded Sept. 6th 2013, and made it as low as 288. But currently back up to 301. Still down from 350, but not what I want. In June of 2014, found out I have endometriosis, and have been in and out of hospitals almost every month since. IV antibiotics, a pik line, it was.horrible.. Then I had surgery to remove an overy and fallopian tube. So not eating what I should hasn't helped, but I had a lot to deal with, so chocolate is my downfall.????

Then this past june, ended up with a horrible stomach flu, who I ended up on hospital again, my stomach swelled 2×'s it's normal size. Basically sealing the Band closed. Had to have all Fluid removed. So went back beginning of this month, he put in a small amount. But no feeling full. I'm hoping when I go back next week, he fills it up fuller. When they took out the Fluid it was 7 and half ccs. I think currently I'm at 3.

I have not been drinking soda, or milk shakes or any calories, Water and tea are my go tos. I have tried to eat with out drinking, still haven't mastered that. I will..lol.

I am still happy I got band. I am pissed I gained back almost 20 lbs. But I would do it again. ????

-Daliaha..

Aka- Debbi

Hi guys! I'm so glad many of you have checked in.

Well I had the baby!! I still can't believe it, after all the problems I had in the past. Baby boy was born the end of July and is perfectly healthy and a total cutie!! He was born via c section and of course that hurt like hell. But it's been 8 weeks and I'm feeling much better.

I just got filled again. 2ccs, because that's when I was my most successful. It dims the hunger just enough. Hope it works this time. I truly regret getting unfilled at the beginning of the pregnancy because I did not have even one episode of morning sickness. I am very lucky and have not vomited at all since being banded. But, my lowest weight was 209, at the time I was unfilled I was 216, and the day I gave birth I was 280!!! So holy heck, that's a big gain!!!! I lost 30 lbs in the two weeks after giving birth, then I stalled and went back to eating terribly with the excuse of breastfeeding. Well, due to my thyroid, insulin resistance, etc. I don't make very much milk, so I mainly bottle feed. Well, so now I need to get back to where I was because none of my clothes fit and I I have two months til I go back to work and I'll be damned if I'm buying anything more in a bigger size!! So I need to lose 34 lbs in two months. I think I can. I've done it before. A few days before I went in for my fill, I did a sugar detox. Today is day 6 of no sugar or crazy carbs. And I'm down 5 lbs. ;) Nice!! I also started to train to run again, this time doing Couch to 10K. I'm on week 4 of 14. It's awesome that even though I didn't exercise much during my pregnancy, running is coming back much easier than I feared.

My husband has given me a medium term goal: He'll take me to run a 10K (He'll run a half marathon) in Bermuda in January if I build up my stamina for it. I hope I can, though it will be hard with baby in tow. Jogging strollers are not as easy as they look!!!

Hope you are all well. As always, I wish you the best of luck!!

Congrats on the new one. You will get back to pre baby fast. I know you can do it.

Just wondering if anybody is still following this link. I hope so. Last week I started having pain in my right chest and back, a few days later it feels like I have something stuck in my throat. Went to the doc on Friday and he says I have a slipped band took all of the Fluid out. 3 days later, no relief, he did say it would take a week or two ugh!!! My total weight loss was about 55lbs, however I am up 25 of those. So regretting the band and wish I would have done the sleeve instead, now insurance wont cover any surgery, so I guess I am stuck with it or go back to nothing. Feeling very discouraged, lost and alone.