Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 27th Banders...Post Op

Had my first fill today. Port was hard to get to due to scar tissue and excess Fluid around my port. Finally received 3ccs.

I was banded June 26 and go for my first full tomorrow. Did they numb you? I'm nervous!! How do you feel now? Can you eat okay?

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I had mine on 6/25 with a fill today. It didnt hurt at all and no numbing required. Back to my shies for a day it so. 25 lbs gone. Good luck and don't worry.

Alm 73

I was numbed because my port is deep and the doctor had too use a longer needle. .I feel fine though... I'm on liquids 2days and mushies 1 day... I'm sure you will be fine. . Don't worry. .

Thanks for these posts. I wasbanded June 27, scheduled for fill Aug 13. Dr wanted to do it a week earlier, but I have to fly that week, so we pushed it back. I am down 22 lbs so far- yeehaw!!

I've never needed any numbing as its very quick.

I had my fill yesterday. The Dr numbed it, added 4cc and all is well. The shot site was a little sore afterwards but fine now. Back to liquid/mushies for yesterday and on to regular food today.

I was banded June 28th. Have lost 9 pounds but 20 in total if you include the preop liquid diet. I have had two fills already. I see the doctor again in September.

Had my first fill on Tues Aug 13, it was a breeze. Dr.used fluoroscopy to do it, first numbedthe area, added the Fluid. The whole thing took maybe 5 mins. Was on full liquids and mushies for 48 hrs. At first, I didnt feel any different + was hungry. Now, two days later, I feel full after less than a cup of anything. No problems at all, looking forward to continuing wt loss, hoping to get in the "green zone".

Mac, I can eat anything! I can't wait till my third fill. I hope to have some better restriction then.

I've had my 2nd fill & no restriction yet :(

& only have lost 5pds since my surgery June 28th. Does it take several fills to get to what they call the green zone??? Oh & I have 6.5 cc in my band right now.

Hi Lady,

I just had my 2nd fill last week and I'm stll not feeling any restrictions either... I mainly just STOP eating after it looks like I've had about 4-6 oz of food in fear of complications, but I am no where near full. I have 4cc's now so I'm thinking that maybe I'll start to feel restriction after another fill... I had my wls on june 21st and I've lost about 25lbs but must of it is from pre op and post op diet so I'm a little discouraged.

I am in the same boat as you both. I stop eating because I must, but I'm definitely not in the green zone. I've had two fills, no restriction, and am at 5.cc's. I lost 11 pounds on the preop 5 day liquid diet, 5 pounds during the first week post surgery ( on liquids), and since then which is about 7 weeks have only lost about 7 pounds. I am not a happy bandster at all.

My surgery was 6/21, my first fill was on 7/29 and I really haven't felt much of a difference restriction wise. I was scheduled for my 2nd on 8/26 and called them and they were going to have me come in sooner for the 2nd but due to health insurance issues I had to postpone my 2nd fill to sept 4th. I'm a little disappointed about that. But in the meantime I'm very careful and watch closely to how much I eat.