Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Today

Not sure, I havent done anything since my last run on Wednesday night which felt like shite so I decided to take Thursday off. During the early hours of Friday I woke up and tore my cornea, which developed into an ulcer (its due to a hereditary eye condition I have) so I couldnt open either eye till about midday on Friday and was in lots of pain Fri/Sat. Its loads better today but I get this blurred vision like wearing someone else's glasses for a few days afterwards which makes me nauseous - that kind of motion sickness nausea. So I think I'll probably do nothing today.

But back on the bike tomorrow!

:hail: Not worthy... not worthy.

I was a lazy slacker today. But tomorrow I already have plans for the gym AND for walking with a couple of local bandsters. Tomorrow night I might be worthy again.

You all are all doing so great! Thank you for the inspiration to get off my bum.

I "exercised" for the first time in a long, long time. I have other physical problems that has been prohibiting "elective exercise". But, today I road my recumbent bike for 30 minutes and 8 miles. I know that is not much but it is a start and I am so happy that I was able to do it!

I go to the YMCA. I also do pilates at home when I can't get there.

My Y has 2 new eliptical trainers called ARC trainers and man they are beasts! I can burn 400 calories in 22 minutes. That means along with my weights, sit ups and/or machines I probably burn at least 500 calories per visit.

500 calories X 4 days a week is 2000 calories or way more than a days worth of food.

I've only been going 4 days for the last 2 weeks because of school, but I've already noticed a huge difference with that and adding in more Protein to my diet.

Better today! We just got home from the gym and tanning. I did a whole two minutes on the eliptical machine... I'm so proud! *laughs* Did some time on the bikes and lots of work on my arms and shoulders.

Better today! We just got home from the gym and tanning. I did a whole two minutes on the eliptical machine... I'm so proud! *laughs* Did some time on the bikes and lots of work on my arms and shoulders.

LOL, yay for PhotoNut! That's a start. I'd prefer elliptical any day over treadmills. It feels good on my knees.

Everyone did soo well today. I won't disclose the mileage I put on my bike today but it was so bad and I started feeling chest pains. I called hubby to come get me and after a 5 min Water break in the shade, I got back on and called him to tell him, I changed my mind. :) I pulled through and made it... but my hands and arms are freakin burnt to a crisp.

(sighs):phanvan

I "exercised" for the first time in a long, long time. I have other physical problems that has been prohibiting "elective exercise". But, today I road my recumbent bike for 30 minutes and 8 miles. I know that is not much but it is a start and I am so happy that I was able to do it!

Carol..........

I love that you worked out, despite your physical problems. You are my hero for the day, really.

I got some heat in another forum for being myself .. and being "the perfect lap band patient" (she called me)....... from a woman that gained all her weight back and wanted a hug b/c she just eats everything and has no control. She said that she knows she shouldn't eat this and that... and she knows the band is a tool, blah blah but then turns around and says...."help, I don't know what to do". Of course I gave my 2 cents.

I know I can be mean.. but I am honest and I do believe people have to really make things work for themselves if they want to succeed. I always say... "fight yourself hard" and your post gave me a good feeling.

Thank you for sharing.

Today, only a 30 min walk-don't kill me Telly!! ;-)

Tonight its going up to two hundred crunches, leg lifts, blah yadda yadda.

Emileekaye,

My dearest LBT new friend..

You work really hard and you really do commit to yourself. I admire you and your motivation. 30 minutes is really good. It is better than nothing. I am happy you are my friend and that you found a new kick within yourself to get back on the wagon and really make this work for you.

I can't wait till we meet up one day, after we reach goal. We can talk about all the crazy things we did to get there. (If I make it alive).

You are my counter inspiration. Believe that.

Also, you have the right to take a day or two off. (Notice I said a day or two *snickers*).

30 minutes sanding paint off of a step stool (my arms are sore!)

50 crunches

50 leg lifts

15 minute excercise ball routine

Ok. I'm stepping it up.

Today I met with a personal trainer. She had me do strength tests. I had to bench press 36 pounds as many times as possible. I did 45, I could have done 50 if I tried hard. She said the average woman does 25.

I had to do crunch sit ups and hit a yard stick with my hand (hard to visualize). I did 20, could have 23-24. She said most do 12.

I have to say, I'm totally impressed with myself.

I also did 30 minutes on the cybex arc trainer (500 calories) and a few pilates exercizes for my big belly.

Not bad for a woman who still needs to lose at least 50 lbs.

Vluckey...

SWEETNESS! 50LBS??? NO SWEAT! WORK IT OFF GIRL!

*Update*

I did 250 crunches instead of 200 and I got my 6 lb medicine ball out and did arm lifts and squats with it last night.

Now today, I hope to get in an hour walk/jog, 250 crunches, leg lifts, and working with the medicine ball.

*Update*

I did 250 crunches instead of 200 and I got my 6 lb medicine ball out and did arm lifts and squats with it last night.

Now today, I hope to get in an hour walk/jog, 250 crunches, leg lifts, and working with the medicine ball.

Holy cow, woman!! 250 crunches? I did 75 one night and my stomach was aching like crazy the next day. I suppose I'll have to work my way up to 250. You're an inspiration, girlfriend. :P Good job!

I've been doing them everynight for I'd say a little over 2 weeks. I started off doing 4 sets of 25. The first couple days after my stomach hurt so bad during the day, but I made myself do it every single night. Then about a week ago I realized I could do 50 at a time, so then I started doing 2 sets of 50. Then I'd try adding 25 after the hundred, to get 125, and I just kept working myself up. It really doesn't bother me at all during the day now, no real sorness.

What really helps me is instead of counting to myself in my head and not breathing while doing them, which is bad. My boyfriend counts for me and reminds me to breath and encourages me on.