Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date set for June 27th - anybody scheduled for the same week?

Thank you for the suggestion. Joy, I may still get the shoulder pain, I have not been walking much yet. They want to do a barium swallow test this morning, and. I can start drinking Water only afterwards. My belly feels little bit more sore now than it was last night.

Heather. We're you scheduled to stay overnight? If not why did they keep you?

I was banded yesterday, it went great. Nurses in hosp kept me on pain meds, I got up several times to pee, have not had any problems Am drinking 2 oz at a time, but hardly any pain. Going home soon!

I had trouble peeing too! This may be gross to some people, but I was desperate....it helped me to get in the shower and have the warm Water running down my back etc.

I was banded on Wednesday and stopped taking my pain meds last night and I've been able to pee a lot easier. Just started getting gas pains today, but they are manageable so far....

Wow. I had trouble peeing too. Glad I'm not alone. I know I need to get up more put the Percocet and phenegran knock me out! To the veterans. How long did it take you to feel normal again ?.

The restroom problem was solved after I turned on the Water in the sink next to me and I let it run. What a trick :) Because I started having bad hiccups, the doc decided that they will keep me for a second night. I did not mind. As my swallow test was good, I started drinking Water and apple juice at 1pm. The physical therapist came and made me walk in the long hallways. I had a few more hiccups but no shoulder pain. It is also through that I took gasX, the chewable at 8am 11am and at 2pm.

My belly feels like, I had a tight wide belt around it. I have some pain or soreness at my stomach. It is hard to explain if it is pain from the surgery or is caused by hunger. My right side is more sensitive, I guess because of the port. If try to stand up I try to use my left arm and not put wait on the right side. It is also true that I have not had pain medication since 1pm, then I was detached from the infusions.

I had 120ml warm broth for dinner at 5pm, it felt really good but I feel still full even after 3 hours. Today I sat in a chair for 5 hours, it was doable.

How is everybody else?

Downysoft, yes I was scheduled for overnight. The insurance company approved it as outpatient procedure, but the doc said that he likes keeping his patients for one nigh. Basically, he will state that it was medically necessary, and we hope that insurance covers it. I do not know, here they are extra careful, and wanted a barium swallow after surgery to confirm that there is no leak. Now, he decided to keep me for a second night because of bad hiccup. The good news is that my insurance covers inpatient procedures 100% until June 28th. Hugh, my surgery was on the 27th. From July 1st the coverage changes to 90% only. I hope I do not have to pay too much extra and I will be lucky.

How are you doing?

Heather I hope they have given you something for your nerves by now! You will do great. You will go to sleep' date=' wake up and it will seem like it only took 5 minutes. The first day is a little rough, but it gets better. As Joy said, take your pain meds regularly! I've also been taking my gas x regularly and haven't had any problems with the gas pain. Good Luck!![/quote']

Yes, you were right, it really felt that it only took 5 minutes. My last memory before surgery was that they took me to the OR around. 4.30pm, and the next thing I remembered was that they are moving me from the recovery room to the hospital room at 8.30pm.

My procedure date is July 2.. Excited and nervous both. I have been on pre op liquid diet 9 days. Cant wait until this part is over. Any words of encouragement welcome... :)

It will go very quickly. After they take you to the op area, you will fall asleep and the next time you wake up you will be banded.You will be fine!

hi peoples I got on the table they started with the banding and stopped I was told my stomach was to high to do it and that there was something hard behind my stomach which was unusual so they took samples to find out what it was and I here back from them in 2 weeks to see what direction to go from there even know I felt like I had it done with all the bloating and aches and pains

I am sorry to hear that. I hope that nothing major and you will be able to continue your journey with thw band.

Glad you are doing well Heather. I am doing ok. Tummy especially on left side is super sore and I still have pain when I breathe deeply,again on the left side, but I am off the pain meds. I am on Clear Liquids and thin shakes, which are beginning to turn my stomach. Ready for food!!! Guess my hunger is back!

Well I know I have been MIA. However I am back and I am finally starting to feel normal again (not sure i was ever normal Ha Ha). Day 3 and 4 was tough For me I had a lot of pain in my stomach at the band location and I found if I could eat more food it would help, by more I mean my 2 Soups with Protein and 2 Protein Shakes per day. I have no shoulder pain. I am still a little sore but it is manageable today. I did not receive any pain medication from my doctor so I was so scare to take tylenol but the pain was to much so I crushed Tylenol and took this but still a lot of pain the first 4 to 5 days. Yesterday I finally left the house for a small walk which was nice. So I will go back to work on Tuesday which is one week from my surgery day. I am down 20lbs since my pre op diet. Started on my scale 209.8 and as of yesterday I was 189. So let the journey begin. Good Luck to everyone and the key is to get through the first week. Bye for now!

What kind of doctor does major surgery and doesn't prescribe pain meds for recovery. My prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery. I am due to be banded in two days

I'm with you, Downysoft!!! No pain meds??? That is crazy!! I am glad you have been able to manage it with Tylenol. I know I would have been lost without my liquid lortab! Good luck Downysoft on your surgery and make sure you get a prescription!!

I had Percocet and though it made me crazy, it helped! Bless your heart. You are a trooper!!!