Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date set for June 27th - anybody scheduled for the same week?

Today I had mashed potato with apple sauce + walked 1 hour outside !! yay!

@Heather316 so you had a baked potato??? I thought we could only have shakes the first week...it's ok cuz I've had tortilla Soup but just making sure I'm chewing everything really good

@Heather316 so you had a baked potato??? I thought we could only have shakes the first week...it's ok cuz I've had tortilla Soup but just making sure I'm chewing everything really good

It's amazing to hear some people say they can't even get Water or their shakes down, I'm beginning to wonder if I even have the lapband on cuz knock on wood no problems with getting shakes/water down "yet"

Hi... I'm a big baby with pain but it is bearable.... Just very uncomfortable for a few days but you should move around daily... Sooner u get gas out... Sooner u will feel better. Good luck everyone! You will want to relax but force ur selves to move a little each day!

Wow...all this yummy-sounding food. I am hungry again. The first week I wasn't all that hungry and I could only have Clear Liquids and Protein shakes--yucky. I can now have thick Soup, pureed Soups and ...yucky protein shakes! Gag. I am supposed to get 65 grams of protein per day but I have not yet made it that high. I am dreaming of next week--mushies! I can have oatmeal and cottage cheese, mashed potatoes, soft mashed up fish. Yum. I can't wait. Heather...so happy to hear you can sleep on more than one side. I am not quite there yet, but certainly feeling better. The adhesive on the steri strips on my incisions started causing a reaction on my skin--red, itchy, raised--a real discomfort. I called the dr and they said to pull off the steri strips. So much better now.

Ladyann, not exactly. It was not exactly baked potato. I cut up the peeled potato, boiled it, added 2-3 oz of milk and mashed it. I seasoned it with salt and that's it. The consistency was like a creme Soup or baby food. I had it together with applesauce. You can certainly even mix in unflavored Protein Powder. My total calory intake was still under 800Cal today. I had to make a choice tonight: do I want to eat the leftovers of the mashed potato+ Protein (1 cup altogether) or have 1 cup of freshly made milkshake with frozen fruits + vanilla protein powder. Before I could have had double dose of each combined for dinner and would have been still considered a low calorie dinner :)

Anyone else suffering from gas pains?! I thought I had escaped the dreaded gas pains but my shoulder started hurting over the last day or two. I have done downward dog, taken gas x, used a heating pad, gotten a shoulder massage and my darn shoulder still hurts when I breathe in deeply. ugh. They all helped a little bit, but nothing has relieved the pain.

I also wanted to tell you guys I found a great organic low fat/low cal creamy Tomato soup! I had it for both lunch and dinner today. It is made by Pacific.

Hi guys! I have occasional gas pains but much better...I am finally able to breathe deeply without big pain! Still struggling with getting 65 grams of Protein per day. Just made my own Protein Shake with light almond milk, SF FF strawberry greek yogurt, frozen strawberries, and a scoop of vanilla protein powder. Much better than the premixed shakes and 37 grams of protein!

Hi JOy, This is the shake I am going for, too :) Homemade things taste the best. And if you repeat it 2x you are at 70g Proteins.< /p>

Yep, no more premixed Protein Shakes for me (blech blech blech!!!!). I am going to try the Pacific Soup you recommended. I made some homemade potato soup last night that I blended til smooth. Yummy, but I ate about a cup last night and was uncomfortably full. Oops.

Hi all! New to this, was banded 6-27-13, feeling good, still have a little gas pain in my shoulders. I made my first home made Protein Shake this morning and it was delish!

8oz unsweetened almond milk

2 Tbls all natural Peanut Butter

3 Tbls oatmeal uncooked

8 oz fat free sugar free yogurt, no fruit

1/2 frozen banana

put all in a blender

Was so full after just 1/2 of it!

What is everyone else eating at this point?

Hi All, I made a new discovery. Today morning I woke up laying on my belly. This means that on postop day 14 you can sleep on your belly. Yeah! I thought it would take longer than that :)