Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last night I ate at pizza Hut. I tried to order the "best" pizza I could, which was the chicken aribarrba (sp) personal pan. I had 3 pieces of the personal pan but could have ate the whole thing. We went to the movies later on and I had some buttered popcorn. Probably about 4 cups. Then I had about 1/2 cup of ice cream before bed. Man I fell off the wagon and landed on my head. I feel so disappointed in myself. I'm only 2 1/2 weeks out and I should have so much more control than that. Well, needless today I am going back to my very strict meal plan and cutting back again, geez this roller coaster!!!!'I want off!

I did not know someone could eat that much being banded!! That's scary to me as I don't want to be even able to do that cause I can see myself going off the wagon like that. I hope for you that you get back on wagon quick being so early on. You need not to deprive yourself and be so strict, but to enjoy the little things as a treat once in a while but in very small quantity. That's what I started doing recently ...but in very very small quantities...ex.I haven't had chocolat in 2 months so last night as a treat I had 4 tiny cadbury minieggs ...and I feel content with that and feel like I was not deprived since everybody else had some. Even licking the knike of strawberry jam after I make my daughter her sandwich, I guess its all mental, as long as I taste it, then I feel like I had it and don't feel deprived. Does that make sense?? The biggest reward you can do for yourself is to get back on the wagon and re motivate yourself. You are not alone and try different things to see what works for you. Good luck. You are worth it and certainly deserve it.

This is what they call banster hell???? Because I CAN eat anything because there is no restriction yet. It's as if the band isn't even there. Didn't get stuck once, everything just cruised right down. This is the first time I've given into temptation and I'm guilt ridden.

At 2 1/2 weeks out I am surprised that you are even back on solids. If you are making such poor choices this early on when your motivation should be at it's highest then it does not bode well for your future success. Remember the band is only a tool, you are in charge and you are making the decisions as to what you eat.

Are you 2 1/2 weeks out from surgery? If so, I'll only be on mushies by then. I'm sorry you feel off the wagon but I'm also jealous you get to eat real food, I have to wait till the 5th week for that. Good luck jumping back on the band wagon.

~~~Stephanie

I don't know bandster hell?? I had too much gas and bloating to be able to eat I think (which could have been a savior in a way)...good that its the first time and don't be too hard on yourself. We are newbies...lol but everybody tells me in order to be successful in dieting the key is to not deprive yourself or you will go crazy. So being too strict on yourself has something to do with the relapses and eventually, you will not crave the stuff that is bad for you. Can you imagine that?? Not wanting the stuff that got us in this mess to start off with...I cannot wait for that day myself.. Cheers, C

I'm starting to think some surgeons keep their patients on liquids then mushies for several weeks to keep them from falling off the wagon. I'm almost 4 weeks post op and can eat anything, almost any amount, and realized last night I don't even have to wait 1 minute between each bite (going out to eat with friends makes you forget to wait). Right now it's 100 percent JUST a diet. I'm sure the first fill will make a big difference. If not, then the second. Hang in there!

well whats done is done...i dont know what post op diet your dr advised but if they gave you one, its best to follow it as your insides are still healing and taking too big of bites could hurt the inside stitches...stay with your allotted amounts of food and def try to make better/healthier options..you deserve it.

Unfortunately I found out the hard way that I can eat anything, any size, any amount. I was extremely diligent up until yesterday when I tried a bite and realized that nothing bad happened. I dipped my toe into a pool I shouldn't have. Thank you Carolinagirl, you are so understanding and compassionate. And you have the experience behind you. Your words mean a lot. Today I am back on.

I'm starting to think some surgeons keep their patients on liquids then mushies for several weeks to keep them from falling off the wagon. I'm almost 4 weeks post op and can eat anything, almost any amount, and realized last night I don't even have to wait 1 minute between each bite (going out to eat with friends makes you forget to wait). Right now it's 100 percent JUST a diet. I'm sure the first fill will make a big difference. If not, then the second. Hang in there!

I would disagree, even though may feel you can eat anything, you are still healing on the inside where the band is stitched, too much pressure can cause damage.

@hockeymom

I fell off the wagon once when I went to the movies. I don't even remember the name of the movie but it was in February and I shared a large popcorn (no butter) and a large diet coke. OMG that was all I thought about was how easily that popcorn went down without a problem. So I was guilt ridden about the popcorn and the huge diet coke. I am so over it now and just picked myself up, dusted myself off and started all over again.

Don't be so hard on yourself and pick yourself up and start over again! Good luck and here's to your success!

You know it's funny how I remember what I ate but can't remember the name of the movie lol!

Yes dwalsh, I guess I have to realize that I am where I am because ofmy lack of control over food. But like I said, today I am back full force.

Guilt made me fat. Stop feeling guilty and continue the journey. Although I agree that 2 1/2 weeks out is dangerous to your healing process....I also think we have choices every single day. Make better choices. Bandster Hell is very real.....this is the time to be as diligent as possible. Try no to test the limits. We are all learning our process. Good luck to you.

@hockeymom

I fell off the wagon once when I went to the movies. I don't even remember the name of the movie but it was in February and I shared a large popcorn (no butter) and a large diet coke. OMG that was all I thought about was how easily that popcorn went down without a problem. So I was guilt ridden about the popcorn and the huge diet coke. I am so over it now and just picked myself up, dusted myself off and started all over again.

Don't be so hard on yourself and pick yourself up and start over again! Good luck and here's to your success!

You know it's funny how I remember what I ate but can't remember the name of the movie lol!

FUNNY - about not remembering the movie, but remembering the food! I SO GET IT!!

My first slip was ALSO on movie popcorn. I didn't order my own, but had my hand in my husband's. I went home & logged the calories, but I felt bad because it was "off program". I ate it SO slow, because I was afraid of having "an event". Well, the sky didn't fall, and I had no pain, PBs, stuck, etc. But also, I was already on solid food. But to be perfectly honest here, I can't say that I won't do popcorn at the movies again. My whole goal of this surgery was not to deprive myself, but be able to enjoy life, while eating much less food. If I start to feel deprived, it's all over! When I told the nurse at my doc's office about the popcorn, she gave me a hard time......as they do whenever you report that you haven't been perfect. So I listen, knowing well and good that I will do what I'm going to do, anyway. I've made SO MANY changes and adjustments since surgery, and I'm very careful about picking and choosing the little (not so perfect) things I do. That's the only thing that has made this process livable. Otherwise....I'm miserable, and will throw the ENTIRE process down the toidy.

Guilt made me fat. Stop feeling guilty and continue the journey. Although I agree that 2 1/2 weeks out is dangerous to your healing process....I also think we have choices every single day. Make better choices. Bandster Hell is very real.....this is the time to be as diligent as possible. Try no to test the limits. We are all learning our process. Good luck to you.

Totally agree!