Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Early june 2013 banders?

How's everybody doing?? I'm still trotting along:) had surgery June 13th and as of today am down 36.2 pounds. Not been easy. I have had 2 fills so far. I have a total of 2.8cc's in my band and feel like I'm getting no help from it yet. Just really been sticking to my calorie limit and getting my Protein in. Still overall pleased with my progress! Hope all of you are doing well! Would love to hear some updates!

That's great!!! I'm good too. I was banded June 11, 2013. I've lost almost 40lbs. I've had 3 fills and have 5.75cc's in my band. In the beginning I was really trying hard...basically dieting. My dr told me to stop trying so hard. He wanted me to eat until I was full. . This way he could see if the band was working. So I did. I was still only able to eat about 1 cup of food at a time. Right before my last fill I could eat more. Hence the fill! Haha! Now I'm back to about 1 cup of solids. I've had a few bumps in the road. Mostly due to being paranoid and not knowing things are normal. But I've consistently lost weight!! I'm so happy I did this. It has been a great journey so far!!

I hope everyone else is doing fantastic!!

How's everybody doing?? I'm still trotting along:) had surgery June 13th and as of today am down 36.2 pounds. Not been easy. I have had 2 fills so far. I have a total of 2.8cc's in my band and feel like I'm getting no help from it yet. Just really been sticking to my calorie limit and getting my Protein in. Still overall pleased with my progress! Hope all of you are doing well! Would love to hear some updates!

June 13th for me too and I've finally hit the 30lb mark (31 actually). I've had 2 fills for a total of 4ccs. I can still eat whatever I want and I have to watch my calories very closely. So far the band isn't slowing me down much. If I don't pay attention I find myself eating too fast and too much. I'm hoping one more fill will do it for me. I can't complain about 30lbs in 3 months though. Great job Junies!

Checking in with everyone:) glad to see you all are doing well:) I am still trotting along. Surgery was 6-13 and I am down 36.2 pounds. Gained a few pounds on vacation took about a week to get back on track and am losing again:) had my third fill Monday. Things seem very different this time but I'm only 2 days out so could change. Looking to lose 30-40 more pounds. I will admit I have not been exercising as I should but a friend is giving me her elliptical as she uses it for a clothes hanger so I am going to start this weekend. I hope that will help with the loss as well;) I hope all of you are doing awesome! I can't wait to see how far we go!

Doing great. My surgery was June 10th, 2013. I've had two fills since. I don't think I'm in the green zone just yet, but it's definitely helping. Losing slowly, but still losing. I've lost ~45 lbs, counting since the start of my preop diet. I'm still training myself to slow down and chew well when eating. Also not to wait till I'm starving to eat my next meal. Old habits die hard. I'm still very happy I did this. I'm feeling so much better health wise, and self image wise. My wife has lost weight along with me, just because of our new eating habits, meaning food choices and tracking calories. We both benefited :)

june 6 2013 banded with plication

as of today, lost 140 pounds...no fills yet

as always, all the best to us junies

Just had my 3rd fill too and I think I'm finally getting to green as well. I can finally feel it slowing me down. I've had a few minor stuck episodes this week for the first time. bread definitely didn't work anymore :-) I really have had to slow down and eat less, and that is good. Surgery was on June 13th and I'm down 35. I'm so happy I've done this! Way to go Junies!

Popping in to see how everyone is. I will be 4 months out in the 13 of this month. I've lost 41 pounds so far so I am very pleased with my progress! It has def been work! I have had 3 fills and am scheduled for a fourth next week but

Am thinking of canceling. Since my last one I can tell def restriction and had difficulty eating more than just a bit- which is what it's supposed to be but like after 4 small bits of chicken I feel like I'm getting stuck. Still trying to adjust and figure it out so think I may need to hold off on the next one. I would love to hear how everyone is doing into their 4th month and what you guys are feeling about the journey so far!

I'm right behind you! 4 months today and I'm down about 37. After 3 fills I feel like I'm either there or almost there. I still feel like I can eat more than I should, but I do get stuck a lot easier. It usually happens within the first few bites then I realize I need to slow down :-) I have an appointment for a fill on Tuesday, but I'm going to postpone it a week. I can't decide if I want one or not. I'm going to make an effort to religiously measure my food and see if it's enough. Hope everyone is also doing well!

I have finally started losing weight-woot woot! I am down 23#'s, still have 40#'s to go. I am at 6.25cc but I need to have some removed, since I can't keep anything down and can't drink anything until 10am due to restriction. Everything I eat comes back up, so this wed I am supposed to get a fill, but I am going to ask to remove a little bit. I haven't lost ant weight until this month, so that is why I held off in going back. Pathetic I know:(

Hey I haven't checked in for awhile, surgery date was June 4th 2013, and as of today I'm down 55 lbs!!! So happy I decided to go through with my surgery, it's the best decision I've ever made for myself! :)

Hi June 2013 bandsters I was banded June 12

Could use some help. Beginning weight was 289. I was about 270 when banded and got down to about 240 pretty much on my own since I never felt restriction or full . Had one fill 3 cc in July .still never felt any difference . Had anther fill in September at which time they discovered my port was not attached to the tubing . Had this replaced last week. So since I was banded I have not had a working band . Have slipped back into bad habits . Am getting back on track . Weighed in today at doctors at 248. So it could be worse and better !!

Hopeful,

Sounds like your doing great on your own, even if you don't feel a lot of restriction. I was banded on June 10th. I'm down about 49 lbs. I'm still not in the green zone with two fills so far. My next fill is on nov 6th. A lot of the loss is me changing my eating habits. But I can feel I'm eating less than before thanks to the band. You may be the same as me. Just guessing.

Thanks . I have gained like 10 pounds back.. But I when to him on Friday and he confirmed that I have nothing in my band. I asked for a fill as soon as possible and then I can make up some time ..

Glad your doing well .

Hello All! Almost Happy New Year to everyone! I have been away for a while, but really need to get back... I am doing well, surgery June 14th and down 61lbs. Had my last fill about 3 weeks ago and now have 6.9cc - I am definitely in the green zone. I have struggled with several 'stuck' episodes, not fun at all - I believe bread is the culprit, so it has been eliminated from my diet and is probably a good thing. How is everyone else doing? Anyone experiencing the same things? ~ Kim

Kim,

I have kept away from the boards for a long time. I am completely frustrated and demoralized!! I am going nowhere. I've hardly fluctuated from my presurgery weight of 218. I've been yo-yoing since the surgery. I NEED HELP! I wish people on the board would post examples of what they eat during the day. My problem, I think, is that I am eating (or grazing) all day. Arrgh!

Hello All! Almost Happy New Year to everyone! I have been away for a while, but really need to get back... I am doing well, surgery June 14th and down 61lbs. Had my last fill about 3 weeks ago and now have 6.9cc - I am definitely in the green zone. I have struggled with several 'stuck' episodes, not fun at all - I believe bread is the culprit, so it has been eliminated from my diet and is probably a good thing. How is everyone else doing? Anyone experiencing the same things? ~ Kim