Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gurgling with liquid 2nd fill

Yesterday, I had my second fill- I'm up to 5cc in a 10cc band. My first fill was 3cc and I had no problems eating. But now I cannot even drink milk or coffee with out discomfort. I'm gurgling all day long and trying to sip as much Water as possible. I want to burp but I can't.

So here is my concern. Is my band too tight or do I need to readjust my thinking about the restriction in my band and give it a couple of day?

Yesterday, I had my second fill- I'm up to 5cc in a 10cc band. My first fill was 3cc and I had no problems eating. But now I cannot even drink milk or coffee with out discomfort. I'm gurgling all day long and trying to sip as much Water as possible. I want to burp but I can't.

So here is my concern. Is my band too tight or do I need to readjust my thinking about the restriction in my band and give it a couple of day?

Are u on ure liquid diet they tell u to do after a fill? the milk and coffee u should not be drinking yet only clear for the first two days and then on to full liquids

Does your Dr require liquids for 24 or 48hrs? I don't believe I drank milk or coffee in that first 24 after my fill. I have my second fill next week and this does not sound good! Please call your dr and let me know how things are going for you! Xo

As soon as I got proper restriction (3rd fill), I started gurgling with everything I ate or drank. It started becoming amusing when I went out in public. I stopped gurgling when I lost about 100 lbs and stopped having perfect restriction. Wish I had it back now! Was a sign that it was working to me! But I had no discomfort with eating or drinking. I would call him about the discomfort, not necessarily the gurgling - cuz that is soooo normal. Most people gurgle in the beginning.

My husband missed my noises. Said it lulled him to sleep everynite!

Marci

I would give it another day at least. I just had my 2nd fill today (now have 6.5 cc) and am not on a restricted diet. I am doing okay but getting the gurgling/deep belching feeling. That tells me it is working. If it isn't better in another 24 hours I would call your doctor and see what he/she says. Asking can't hurt. Good luck.

I am always told full liquids. I have never done clear after a fill. I can tell you that I am 4 years out and my stomach gurgles and talks all the time.. Before I eat, during and after and even when I lay in bed. If you still feel it may be to tight tomorrow my advice is to call your doctor.

You should be able to drink without discomfort. You can quickly become dehydrated so I'd get back to the doctor for a slight unfill. I had to get .1 taken out today for this same problem and it makes a world of difference!

I had an unfill yesterday and what I was told (and I'm seeing everyone on here is different on everything) is that gurgling like you are doing WITH discomfort is not normal. All these people that are saying they gurgle all the time - she's talking about a different type, not the normal type we all get.

I wasn't just gurgling - I felt like something was stuck in my throat all the time after my last fill. I waited two weeks to go back and they said yesterday that I should have come back in the next day after the fill if I had discomfort. There's restricition and then there is hurting - and that is NOT NORMAL. You are too tight and you should probably have a cc or two removed. I had .5 removed and I feel so much better. I'm getting now this is what it should have felt like after a normal fill.

Please call the Dr!

So I finally was able to talk to the nurse. It took her a day to get back to me- I was so afraid I would become dehydrated. The nurse said that my band was swollen and it needed time to heal. She told me to tough it out and stay on liquids until at least Saturday and try eating softy foods and cut my soft food into very small pieces. She also said not to drink cold liquids in the morning because my stomach might spasm and that my band will be tighter than.

Good news is that I was finally able to hold down two servings of Gatorade. My headache is going away, and I have been able to burp. I feel like I'm learning to re-eat with the band all over again. I hope this gets better fast- I so want to be in the green zone!

just an fyi: continuous gurgling is a sign of being to tight, it means your food is not going down like it should (sitting too long in the pouch). That being said, I would give it a little time after being filled because we do swell at the band site along with the saline tighening the band. I will say this...if I were Roni77 and my coordinator caught wind of me gurgling then she would insist that I have a little saline taken out. She actually told my surgeon to take some Fluid back out after he did a fill because she heard the gurgling. She is on the cautious side and a very wonderful coordinator/mentor. All bariatrics centers have different rules and different takes on things. We should follow what they tell us (for the most part :) ). I have a tremendous amount of respect for her and her opinions...I have been seeing her pretty much weekly going on 6 years....I am blessed to be in such an awesome program.

I gurgle a lot. I have no problems with my band.

I got a fill and forgot about liquids only and ate regular good. Why do they want us to do liquid only?

My dr requires a full liquid diet for 48hrs after a fill every doctor is different but most if not all require a liquid diet of some sort right after a fill

Averym - from what I understand from my surgeon is, after a fill, your stomach will have some swelling due to the added pressure. The Clear Liquids is to give it a chance for the swelling to go down and not to further irritate it for awhile.