Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - May 2006

Ok all you Losers... only two days left on the Spring Challenge. Who's going to win.... hmmmm?

Me, because I'm awesome.

It matters not that I didn't enter the challenge, I should just be awarded victory on the grounds of well... its ME.

(sorry, I think the idea of returning to work tomorrow has pushed me over the edge into a puddle of dribbling insanity, normal service will resume shortly).

Ummm...pus covered footballs....EEWWWW!:sick

Ok so here goes....:horn: I'm going to toot my own horn

I get on the scale and it read 169...NO REALLY...I'M NOT KIDDING...

1 6 9

I stepped off and on the scale like 15 times before I actually accepted it.

THEN (brace yourself there is more) I went out to the mall today ( I love Memorial Day sales) and was window shopping when I wandered into Ann Taylor I was looking through clothes and figured what the heck I will try and squeeze my hind end into some cute trendy clothes just to get an idea of how close or far off from shopping at a store other than Lane Bryant I really am. I grabbed some stuff I thought looked ok all in 14's. In the fitting room I tried on this long white skirt and it fit like a glove...I thought what the heck I will get it (and am just tickled that I got something at a "trendy" store) I wander into J Jill to find a shirt to match, I find something put it on in the dressing room with the newly aquired skirt and make my way to the evil 3 way mirror. This was a magical 3 way mirror that made me look so skinny I even danced a bit in the dressing room. While putting my new skirt back in the bag I noticed something.... THE SKIRT WAS A SIZE 12...a @#$@! 12 I damn near fainted! I have not fit into anything that was a 12 that wasn't from the "ladies" or "womens" departments since I was in high school!

I now have the cutest long linen skirt with a beautiful blue blouse (In a Large I must add) that were items I would of only admired in a shop window only a few months ago.

Skye

YEAH Skye!!!!! Good for you. That is SO exicitng. You know, at 169 you should NEVER have to go into Lane Bryant again.

P'Nut, you inspired me. I am going to do a June challenge!! I know you are all pooped from this challenge but I hope you will come and visit some.

I have a BIG wedding I have to go to July 3rd so I really want to be ready.

Funny, hope you are feeling better!

Lindsay

well i got on the scale this morning and it read 338. i have lost 12 pounds this week so far LOL i know most of it is Water weight, but the doc said that your metabolism sky rockets when you fight infections, so she would not be surprised if the water weight only accounts for a few pounds of that.

i am ready for the next challenge!! i can't wait to see how much i weigh when it is surgery time!!

What really sucks is that this illness has totally screwed up my card. i can't drink all my Water (can't drink any really) which I had a perfect score on. I can't excersize which I also had a perfect score on. And I might be able to stay away from sugars, but when my throat is feeling better i am having a big hamburger dammit!! LOL

Holy moley ladies! What awesome posts to wake up to!!

Skye, Funny... wowzers!! *hugs ya both!* I'm thrilled for ya both - and also praying for Funny and Skye's hubby to get better.

Lins... Go for it! I know you'll be feeling great when you go to that wedding. Get that challenge going! :)

Me, because I'm awesome.

It matters not that I didn't enter the challenge, I should just be awarded victory on the grounds of well... its ME.

(sorry, I think the idea of returning to work tomorrow has pushed me over the edge into a puddle of dribbling insanity, normal service will resume shortly).

I hear you Dawg I am back from work since having my surgery on May 12:faint:

Hey folks.... I suppose the challenge is just about over by tomorrow eh?

I wanted to be 190lbs by the end of the challenge but it doesn't look that I will be. It was a sweet challenge. I'd love to do it again.

PNut, if you decide to not do a June challenge, please allow us to keep this particular challenge with scorecards going. I'd like to continue on using this till I hit goal.

Thanks for this challenge, it's helped me greatly.

You know what? Its fine with me if you all want to keep going in June. I know that Lins was talking about starting a Challenge but we can certainly just do it here. I'm not tired of it at all and I'd really like a chance to do better next month.

So.... what do you all say? Start the summer challenge on Wednesday and maybe let this one go thru June and July? Same reward - the badge of honor. Everyone in?

I'm definately in!

The Spring Challenge ends at midnight on Wednesday, May 31st. I will check everyone's score cards on Thursday afternoon. I want to give everyone time to have their cards completed.

Those who do aren't going to finish the challenge, please just delete your scorecard and put Withdraw instead. Those who are going to finish up, please get your cards updated by Wednesday night. Remember, there are going to be points for your weightloss, bonuses, and your daily points. So dont give up until you add it up!

On Thursday, you will all find a new Gone for Good Club thread. I will post the link on this thread so you can easily find it. Then, all posts will be made on the new thread. We do this each month to keep the thread from growing too long. If I get enough positive responses to a Summer Challenge, then I will have the new scorecards ready for copying on the new thread as well.

Come on everyone! Join in if you missed it last time! Join in if you flaked out last time (I did :))! Let's make this a summer to remember, ya big losers! *laughs*

YEAH :clap2: YEAH :clap2: YEAH :clap2: YEAH :clap2: YEAH :clap2: YEAH:clap2: YEAH :clap2: YEAH

Could not be happier!! I'll just send everyone over to this thread instead of doing one on my own. Yours is SO much better than mine would have been.

Did I say "YEAH"?