Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just don't feel my band working anymore!!!i

I got a fill Feb 4, 2013 I felt fine but now I'm starting to pick up weight I no longer 165 I'm 180 I went from a size ten to a size 12 I'm depressed.

You were just banded a couple weeks ago, I doubt you have hardly Fluid in your band (if any). Most people don't notice a difference until after multiple fills and I doubt you've had even one.

Keep in mind that even when you do have adequate Fluid in your band, it will still be up to you to eat band sized portions and make good food choices. Weight loss comes down to basic math- if you burn more calories than you consume you will lose weight. If you're not already counting calories I would strongly suggest it. It's the only way you can be sure you're not accidentally eating too much.

Best wishes.

You were just banded a couple weeks ago

Her profile states that she was banded in 2005.

My recommendation is look at what you are eating. Do you log your food? Now that I am at goal and in the maintenance journey I fear old habits creeping in. It sounds like that might be what is happening to you, in my opinion.

Are you still following the bandster rules? Protein first? 1 cup per meal?

I don't know if you have a nutritionist but I would recommend meeting with one and evaluate your daily meals.

Good luck to you.

to gain weight you have to eat more calories than you burn off.

aj, texas princess is right, a nutritionist appt could help you even if to do a restart

your weight loss is great...dont let this one slight set back bring you so down.

"If you're not already counting calories I would strongly suggest it. It's the only way you can be sure you're not accidentally eating too much."

This is not necessarily accurate...you can also:

1. Listen to your band and internal signals that you are no longer feeling hunger, and stop eating. Or

2. Measure your portions by volume and keep them to the prescribed amounts, and make healthy food choices which are compatible with bandster guidelines as given by your nutritionist and/or surgeon.

Our weight loss journey's are are as individual as we are...unique. There is no "one size fits all"...

"If you're not already counting calories I would strongly suggest it. It's the only way you can be sure you're not accidentally eating too much."

This is not necessarily accurate...you can also:

1. Listen to your band and internal signals that you are no longer feeling hunger, and stop eating. Or

2. Measure your portions by volume and keep them to the prescribed amounts, and make healthy food choices which are compatible with bandster guidelines as given by your nutritionist and/or surgeon.

Our weight loss journey's are are as individual as we are...unique. There is no "one size fits all"...

This is true, but you can still eat some deceptively high calorie meals despite the very small portions. Had I not been checking calories before eating I'd have easily fallen into this trap many times over the last year.

If someone is gaining weight with the band, then it's likely they need some help learning to listen to their internal signals and to the band, hence why counting calories is a good way to assure you're not accidentally over eating while you learn.

This is true, but you can still eat some deceptively high calorie meals despite the very small portions. Had I not been checking calories before eating I'd have easily fallen into this trap many times over the last year.

If someone is gaining weight with the band, then it's likely they need some help learning to listen to their internal signals and to the band, hence why counting calories is a good way to assure you're not accidentally over eating while you learn.

That's where educating yourself to read the nutrition labels is helpful beyond measure.

Also, I referenced band friendly food choices which are compatible with guidelines as given by the individual's medical team. Ice cream and other carb and fat laden foods should not be on the "approved foods" list. At least, they are not on mine...

What helps me is avoiding processed foods to the greatest extent, and staying with basics. I change seasonings and preparation to keep from getting bored and feeling deprived in any way.

However, I can only write about my experiences, and what has helped me. I don't need to count calories with choosing fresh fruit/veggies and lean poultry/fish and maintaining appropriate portion sizes.

Ur first fill will b by April, that should help u. Mine is also in April.

Thanks everybody I'm going to weigh myself next Sunday but im going to make a appointment with the nutritionist next week I was doing so good I started at 227 and my lowest was 164 I wanted to get to 155 but I never made it but I was OK with 164 because I was wearing a size 10 now I'm in size12 but I'll get it back together hopefully.

Its hard this far out - I'm in the same boat so I can sympathies. I'm at a good weight but don't feel terribly in control of it t the moment, my band is very little help, it just doesn't work like it used to. Menopause has sent my metabolism spinning and carb cravings soaring.

I rely on very heavy exercise to control my weight - and it's exhausting me!

My band is nearly full - I wonde if revision is the way to go. I just want it to be as easy and natural as it was.

It's funny because its been so many years it seemed so easy at first now it's harder why?

For me, I had to unfill for cancer treatment, nd my band was never the same. I went through early menopause and that really makes weight control difficult, I've had Iron and post chemo energy problems and depression, hello carb cravings!

Plus I think our bodies just adjust.

I'm so sorry to here about the cancer I'm praying for you and praying for me also because my mom passed away at the age of 47 from breast cancer I'm I'll be 42 this year so that age is creeping up on me her mom passed at the age of 46 but I live a whole totally different life style plus I get my breast mammogram ounces a year faithfully. I know I'm getting older but I'm trying to stay young I've been walking doing seat up and doing my Wii lol