Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The things kids say

I thought that I would share this with all of you, it made me laugh.

When my 8yr old daughter first saw me after surgery she said, "mommy, you don't look any skinnier" with a very confused look on her face, lol.

She now understands what the surgery did, and that I still need to work at losing the weight. Thank goodness for the booklets with the pictures so she could have a better idea.

HA!! I love the honesty of little kids. When I returned home from surgery, my 8 yr. old said - "Did you really have surgery or were you just joking?!" HA!! I too had to sit down & explain it a little bit more to him. I never got the booklet with pictures that you're talking about! I must have missed out. Hmm.....

I love it.....that is so precious!! I'm expect my boys to want me to pull up my shirt to see the scars like they did when daddy had his hernia surgery. He had that last spring and my youngest asked to see his scar just the other day.....not only are they innocent, they remember more than what we think they do. :)

my daughter is so sweet and innocent, but picks the wrong times.

at the grocery store in the checkout line she lifted my shirt all of a sudden. i pulled it down, but she patted my tummy and boob and said, "mommy you are so big and soft"

thanks.

not on the fat topic, but my daughter is at the age (4) where sometimes certain words and phrases are not said correctly. and (excuse the language) but a lot of her words come out to sound like "bitch". We have to listen to the context to understand what she is talking about.

well she was watching tv the other day and they were singing mary had a little lamb on there. She came into my office wanting me to hear her singing it. Our neighbor was over having coffee with me so we stopped the convo and listen to her perform.

"mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb, Mary had a little lamb, the bitch was white as snow"

Tera, my neighbor, snarfed her coffee (snarf = the act of making liquid that is being sipped to come out one's nose) and ran to the bathroom laughing so hard she thought she was gonna pee.

That's my girl! a very entertaining 4 year old. even if she doesn't understand why.

Cute! I bet at 8 they get it. My twins are 3 1/2 and just know that my tummy owies are all better now and I can lift them again! :) When I got home from the hospital they wanted to count my band-aids...so we did that a lot!

They are the best motivation! Every day I exercise and they tell when I am done that I did a great job! haha!!

Kell

They are great motivation! I am looking forward to being able to take them to the zoo and not have to sit and rest all the time. And to be able to run and play with them in the yard instead of sitting on the porch and watching. Someday soon :)

I hope it's OK to post this here since it's about things kids say even though it's not referring to the band.

After church, I asked my kids if they had fun in Jr church. My youngest, 3 yrs, told me he raised his hand and said, "Excuse me ma'am, but that's a scary story". I asked what she was telling & my other son said it was about Jesus dieing of the cross. I'm glad he at least used his manners. :rolleyes

I had my gallbladder out at the same time as having my band. I tutor some kids here in Greece and Dimitris the youngest was curious about my 28 stones, so I took them to show him. He took the packet and stared..."These were in you?" he asked. I told him yes and that's why I had surgery. He looked at them again and then at me..."Why did you eat them then?" he asked. No answer to that!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches